Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State Officer Certification Exam

Hello to all,

I graduated the Basic Law Enforcement Academy in July 2005. I have unsuccessfully taken the state exam twice to date. I have 1 more shot before I have to repeat the LEO Academy. I know the CMS Format is still new but is their any "official" study guides out there? All I can find is the traditional study guide which doesent help me.

I think I heard a rumor that St. Pete College made an official CMS study guide but I am not for sure.

Thanks!

-DJ2502

Originally posted by DJ2502 View Post
    Hello to all,

I graduated the Basic Law Enforcement Academy in July 2005. I have unsuccessfully taken the state exam twice to date. I have 1 more shot before I have to repeat the LEO Academy. I know the CMOS Format is still new but is their any "official" study guides out there? All I can find is the traditional study guide which doesent help me.

I think I heard a rumor that St. Pete College made an official CMS study guide but I am not for sure.

Thanks!

-DJ2502
    You best bet is, before you take it. Reread every module and go over the objectives. There isn't any short cuts. Because some of my classmates just used a study guide and six failed the state exam. All the answers are in the modules. And take your time. Good Luck!!
    sigpicNEVER FORGET!!!

Comment

Damn. What do you think your having a hard time with? (part of exam) You need a study partner or something. That would suck to have to do the academy again. That study guide is floating around here somewhere. I actually have it, but need to find it. Where did you go to BLE? BTW that study guide is 450+ pages Good luck !!

Comment

I know LEO BRAT has it. Use that search thingy

Comment

You best bet is, before you take it. Reread every module and go over the objectives. There isn't any short cuts. Because some of my classmates just used a study guide and six failed the state exam. All the answers are in the modules. And take your time. Good Luck!!
          Thanks for the info. Thats what I may have to do. I will probably study a couple months before I take the exam.

Damn. What do you think your having a hard time with? (part of exam) You need a study partner or something. That would suck to have to do the academy again. That study guide is floating around here somewhere. I actually have it, but need to find it. Where did you go to BLE? BTW that study guide is 450+ pages Good luck !!
          Well, After I got my results in the mail FDLE sent me a paper listing what areas I didnt score 80% in. They were Human Issues, Vehicle Operations, Firearms, Defensive Tactics, Patrol, Investigations, Investigating Offenses, Tactical Applications. Its weird because I did well on the tests in the academy and pretty much knew what I was talking about. It seems like I freeze up when I take the test. I hope I will be able to find a study partner for the exam.

I went to South Florida Community College in Avon Park, Florida which is about 8 miles to the North of where I live. I will keep you all updated.

Thank You!

-DJ2502

Comment

If you were surprised you failed it go to Tallahassee and contest it. They will give you your test and an answer key to compare. I was second in my class and breezed through the state test with no worries. A week later I got a letter saying I failed the darn thing. Went to Tally and reviewed my answers. Turns out, the computer marked all of my answers either A or B. After regrading the test. I scored no lower than a 95 percent in all areas. Sooooooo, if you believe in yourself then make a day trip to Tally and look over your test. Of course this was nine years ago, but it still stings. I was in a funk for a whole month. Was embarrassed when family or friends would ask how I did. I guess I needed a large (very large) dose of humility.

It should be noted that there were several others with me contesting their scores and unfortunately I was the only one that had success.

Either way, good luck...........

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4633 users online. 281 members and 4352 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X