300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride Along Idea...

If anyone has done a ride along with PBSO, or is currently a D/S with the SO, please give me a heads up on what District to do a ride along with. I am currently in the Application process, and I want to get an idea of what it might turn out to be once that time comes around.

Thanks
    I DON'T FIGHT TO WIN, I FIGHT TO SURVIVE.

If You Want To See The Most Action, Ride In District 5 (belle Glade )

Comment

Ride Along

If they approve the ride along, go where ever it may take you it's always a challenge out there. If you get a really cool Dep. that makes it even better. BSO is dening most ride alongs.
      LET IT RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Any reason why BSO would deny ride alongs?

Comment

I was lucky with BSO i did a ride along in Pompano Beach (Pompton). It was intense at some points. There was a shooting at a night club the night of my ride along. Then I was able to see the K-9 unit do a little practice in a park with the officer i was riding with. It was a great time and i learned a lot that night. But that was back in January.
          Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
          Proversb 3:5

Comment

Is there a limit to how long you can stay on the ride along...or can you do the whole shift?

Comment

I was able to go the whole shift. BSO is 8 hours so it was not a big deal. With FLPD it was 10 hours and i stayed untill the end of that one too.
              Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
              Proversb 3:5

Comment

How do you go about doing ride alongs? What are the requirements?

FBAT- Passed
                PAT- Passed
                Conditional Offer- June-21-2007
                Polygraph- Pending Results
                Background- N/A
                Psycholgical- N/A
                Medical/Visual- N/A
                Oral Interview- N/A

Comment

Contact the agency you wish to do a ride a long with. For the PBSO contact the main number and they will put you in contact with a Sgt. He/she will tell you to write a letter to an Lt. asking permission to do a ride a long. There has to be an easier way but that's the route that was asked of me to take.

Comment

Originally posted by AMunoz2001 View Post
                    Contact the agency you wish to do a ride a long with. For the PBSO contact the main number and they will put you in contact with a Sgt. He/she will tell you to write a letter to an Lt. asking permission to do a ride a long. There has to be an easier way but that's the route that was asked of me to take.
                    Ok Cool Thanks!

FBAT- Passed
                    PAT- Passed
                    Conditional Offer- June-21-2007
                    Polygraph- Pending Results
                    Background- N/A
                    Psycholgical- N/A
                    Medical/Visual- N/A
                    Oral Interview- N/A

Comment

Just went on a ride on belle glade is like being in a 3rd world country in florida. wow very different went with a friend that is in a gang unit great night.

Comment

Ride alongs are awesome.. I have gone 3 times already.. I have made good friends with the officer i ride with..

Comment

Vietnow,

Who did you ride with?

Comment

Sorry I like to keep the names private.

Comment

Crimefigter what are you talking about,,, I was there 30 min and the radio did not stop for a second, officer got shot, many arrest calls was crazy. If you want to be expirience and learn that is the best distric you can work there 1 year and you see what most cops see in 10 to 15 year being a cop.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5891 users online. 347 members and 5544 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X