• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone get an update yet?

Comment

• OliverFWC
      OliverFWC commented
      Editing a comment
      Nothing yet. Said by the new year though so hopefully soon!

• Just got a phone call with a conditional offer for Okaloosa county which is my hometown! Super excited. He said academy is set to start March 15th

Comment

• Thats great news, congrats on getting your home county. Did your recruiter call you or some one else

Comment

• OliverFWC
        OliverFWC commented
        Editing a comment
        It was a lieutenant from Tallahassee

• Anyone else get their calls or emails?

Comment

• Dallis
        Dallis commented
        Editing a comment
        Congratulations

• Got my call today too. I’ll be heading to Citrus county.

Comment

• OliverFWC
        OliverFWC commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice! Crystal River area isn’t it?

• BenjaminL
        BenjaminL commented
        Editing a comment
        not a whole lot there, but it's gorgeous old Florida

• Yes. Never been there before.

Comment

• I got my home county, Broward. Happy about that. Now just gotta write some essays lol. Kinda confused about the TCC thing but seems easy enough.

Comment

• WheelBoss71
          WheelBoss71 commented
          Editing a comment
          TCC thing? Want to elaborate on what they're doing?

• Jones926
          Jones926 commented
          Editing a comment
          As OliverFWC said, seems you have to enroll at Tallahassee Community College for the Academy. They sent a form that seems like applying for a scholarship or financial aid.

• I didn't get a call yet ((

Comment

• Eddyp0311
          Eddyp0311 commented
          Editing a comment
          Haven't gotten called yet either, hang in there BenjaminL

• So the academy campus in Havana is a Tallahassee Community College Campus. They run the academy through TCC so they’re having us sign up to be students there pretty much. Student ID’s, emails, FAFSA forms...etc.

Comment

• Jones926
          Jones926 commented
          Editing a comment
          I completed the enrollment but when I click the follow up link they sent it won't let me sign in with the password they provided and seems like I gotta contact an administrator. But I got the part we send to the Lt. done which seems like the main part.

• OliverFWC
          OliverFWC commented
          Editing a comment
          So I also had that problem, but as I read further it does say it will take a business day for your email to be set up. So I waited a day and then I just received a TCC email this afternoon saying my Workday software is ready to be logged into.

• aaron powell
          aaron powell commented
          Editing a comment
          When are you guys taking the physical or psychological exam?

• OliverFWC
          OliverFWC commented
          Editing a comment
          Lt. said I’m scheduled for psych Jan. 7th. No further instruction on it though. Said it will be virtual and I wouldn’t need to go to Miami, no time given to me however for when it starts on Jan 7th

• ahhh, I got my conditional offer back in June... hopefully I'll get more info, etc...

Comment

• I just completed the onboarding and emailed Daisy Garcia and Logan Lane. I received an automatic email back that says they’ll get to it January 4th

Comment

• are you guys who are doing this TCC thing state certified LEO'S or is it to go through the academy?

Comment

• I'm not certified, I'm going to the Academy..... So I assume it's for the Academy. I proved my residency, got a confirmation email then got another email about proof of residency Again. I emailed the people and got the same auto reply. I gotta ask them how to get the high school records or if that is even necessary because all I have is my diploma. I would think after getting this far, residency and educational background have already been confirmed.

Comment

• OliverFWC
                OliverFWC commented
                Editing a comment
                I would think so as well, but it might be for the financial aid office.

• Jones926
                Jones926 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah I'm kinda curious about the "financial aid" part. Are we going to be responsible to pay anything to attend? I have a GI bill but haven't read anything about being able to use it for the Academy. Unless it's just a formality for all new students that apply.

• OliverFWC
                OliverFWC commented
                Editing a comment
                I’m right there with you. I was under the impression that we’d get paid while in the academy. Hopefully this next email explains some things

• Jones926
                Jones926 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, I was as well. Can't recall if I read it or the recruiter told me. But I really hope so cause I have a house and 2 kids and 6 months without pay isn't exactly gonna keep the roof over their heads. I believe it's training pay, not full officer. I just need enough to cover the essentials.

• Anybody still waiting to get called up, I'm still waiting. Idk if they are doing it by county or what

Comment

• aaron powell
                aaron powell commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm still waiting on a call. Semper Fi

• I'm still waiting too.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3291 users online. 157 members and 3134 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X