Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does anyone know the dates of breakout?

Comment

• Same here. I spoke to a few officers. They advised they didn’t receive final offers until about 3 weeks prior to the academy start date. Not sure if they’re waiting to send them out in mass or if it’s on an individual basis.

Comment

• BenjaminL
        BenjaminL commented
        Editing a comment
        did they say of they start working before breakout? I need a damn paycheck -_-

• I’m thinking they won’t send out final offers until after the 15th. That’s when the people who received the most recent offers have to have their paperwork turned in.

Comment

• BenjaminL - I've never heard of a LEO "working" before going through FTO. It would be a huge liability. Most agencies will not issue you a gun, vehicle, or less lethal until you've gone through their training.

Comment

• BenjaminL
          BenjaminL commented
          Editing a comment
          I know you're able to do non-sworn duties at some agencies. so I was wondering if that were the case here

• Ben - nope. But you do receive 80% pay of the salary while you’re in the academy.

Comment

• BenjaminL
          BenjaminL commented
          Editing a comment
          but those of us who don't need the academy..

• WheelBoss71
          WheelBoss71 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ben... You wont get paid, until you start the breakout portion of academy. No one knows when that part is, because this class hasn't technically even been hired yet. As it stands right now, you wont be starting until the summer.
          Typically when starting with a government agency, you still don't get paid for the first month of employment. It takes two weeks to process your paperwork and you will be paid 2 weeks behind for the rest of your career.
          Home Depot could be hiring in the meantime. It's going to be awhile for you.

• At this point I'm kinda hoping class starts in the summer. Cutting it a little close time wise. I need to make arrangements for my family while I'm gone and besides notice at my job, I need a date so I can plan to take my vacation time and not lose it. Does anyone know how the insurance works while training? Can families get on the plan or do they go without for 6 months?

Comment

• Jcip95
          Jcip95 commented
          Editing a comment
          They don’t send out final offers until 2-3 weeks before most academy’s. That’s what a lot of the previous forums have stated other then when they split an academy one year.
          Last edited by Jcip95; 02-08-2021, 12:30 AM.

• Very excited to see new posting back up for FWC. I applied last year to the vacancy only for it to be cancelled due to Covid I’m assuming. Being from out of state logistically this may be a challenge getting down there for every step but it’s well worth it. As an out of state applicant is it possible to move forward in the hiring process without a FL drivers license? Obviously if selected for the position I would have no problem moving to the state and immediately getting a FL license before academy. But without a job lined up there one can’t just move to the state and wait and hope to be hired eventually. If anyone has insight on this and other issues I could face being an out of state applicant would be much appreciated.

Comment

• Jcip95
          Jcip95 commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s not an issue. The only issue for an out of state applicant is making trips down for the PAT, BAT, interview, and pysch test. I’ve made 4 trips to FL in two application processes for the fwc.

• LeoGrind33
          LeoGrind33 commented
          Editing a comment
          Jcip95 Yeah it would be nice if you could knock out two steps in one trip or something. Typically how long after the close of the job announcement do they schedule PAT testing? Also, any idea how many spots they are trying to fill this year?

• OliverFWC
          OliverFWC commented
          Editing a comment
          It is definitely worth it for a career with FWC. You can do it with an out of state drivers license they will ask for any drivers licenses and your driving record for any state you’ve been issued a license in when you do the supplemental application, which comes after the PAT test. It’s a long process with lots of waiting.

• Look, what I will say is, I already work for the agency. And within the region that I work, we’ve been provided with an updated officers list. That list includes Class 41 applicants, already in their area of assignment based on their county given. Even though we haven’t received word on when we will actually receive our final offer, this gives me a bit of relief when LT stated, “no news is good news”. Keep the faith guys! We’ll meet in a month!

Comment

• The FWC LEO application closes on 6/30/21. So with this announcement being open so long how do they process the applications? Does it pay off to get your application in earlier in the open period or does the timing even matter just as long as you apply during opening? Also, I know there are a lot of variables involved but approximately when would they try to start the academy for these applicants who got selected from this announcement?

Comment

• WheelBoss71
            WheelBoss71 commented
            Editing a comment
            Like Dallis said below as long you have your application in before the closing date, you're good. However, they can extend the application deadline. Once the application deadline passes, expect up to a year to pass before anyone is hired. You gotta be in for the long haul, if you want a job with FWC its going to test your patience.

• It won’t matter if it’s early so long as it’s before the cut off. Typically it’s 6mo to a yr for the whole process from what I’ve seen in the past.

Comment

• Anyone get a call from TCC yesterday? I missed one around 3pm called them back, but it just went to the campus phone directory so i don’t know who it was. No voicemail. Figured if it was significant there would’ve been a message.

Comment

• Jcip95
              Jcip95 commented
              Editing a comment
              No but I did get a conditional acceptance email from them yesterday.

• OliverFWC
              OliverFWC commented
              Editing a comment
              Congrats. I’m wondering if as people fall out they send another conditional out to keep the class full. Almost three weeks to go!

• Just got my TCC conditional offer today. Still no Final offer from FWC

Comment

• Same here.

Comment

• OliverFWC
                OliverFWC commented
                Editing a comment
                I’ve received that email twice now. Back in December I received the same email with all the onboarding stuff

• Highroad84
                Highroad84 commented
                Editing a comment
                +1 for me too, got the same email twice.. but I did notice that the last hold (program review hold) was also removed of my Account

• Oliver did you get your physical and psychological done yet?

Comment

• OliverFWC
                OliverFWC commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes my psych was on January 7th. Med packet turned in Jan 15th

• Hoping to hear something this week man. LT called & had me resend my medical forms. Guess it got lost. Anyone hear anything?

Comment

• Dlamd53685
                Dlamd53685 commented
                Editing a comment
                That was on the 15th

• OliverFWC
                OliverFWC commented
                Editing a comment
                Nothing here. I thought it’d be today honestly. Still time though.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3143 users online. 149 members and 2994 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X