300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central Florida

What are some good agencies to work for in Central Florida?

Originally posted by joejoe18 View Post
    What are some good agencies to work for in Central Florida?
    You really can't go wrong with any of the Sheriff Offfices (Orange, Seminole, Polk, Lake, Brevard). Be careful with the smaller city agencies because a lot of them are in a hiring freeze because of that whole tax scare everyone is having.

Comment

i would say first, pick the area in CenFL that you desire to reside, then, get info on the surrounding agencies.

many NY'ers (former LEOs) have a problem with the poly we have down here. Just a heads up.
      "In a bacon-and-egg breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed." - Brian Billick

Be that pig.

Comment

Oh, and the search button is your friend.
        "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character...Our great title is AMERICANS." - Thomas Paine

"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Joejoe, Try to get employed by either coast so you can enjoy the benefits of living in Central florida. There is nothing but Orange groves and sugar farms in the middle of the state.
          LET IT RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by C.I.HOG View Post
            Joejoe, Try to get employed by either coast so you can enjoy the benefits of living in Central florida. There is nothing but Orange groves and sugar farms in the middle of the state.
            and a city called Orlando.
            "In a bacon-and-egg breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed." - Brian Billick

Be that pig.

Comment

dogma,

Why do many NY'ers have a problem with the poly ?

Comment

Originally posted by joejoe18 View Post
                dogma,

Why do many NY'ers have a problem with the poly ?
                from people that i know from NJ/NY the train of thought is different, the conditions are different, and law enforcement is done differently.
                for anything else, just research the poly.

Be that pig.

Comment

Originally posted by dogma vs karma View Post
                  from people that i know from NJ/NY the train of thought is different, the conditions are different, and law enforcement is done differently.
                  for anything else, just research the poly.
                  Well I am originally form Vermont but currently In the US ARMY and stationed in NY. So Hopefully I wont have a problem with the Poly. I have no experience in LE, just combat arms in the Army and have been deployed to IRAQ 2 Times.

Thanks for all the info

Comment

The Orlando Police Department is looking to hire numerous officers over the next 3 years. Our pay and pension are good. We have the same problems as most other large agencies. Overall despite some frustration Im generally happy.

Been here 6 years.
                    I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.

"Why didn't you put that out on the radio?"
                    "I don't know Sarge, I guess I got caught up in the moment"
                    "The MOMENT is when we F--king need you!" - K-9 Sgt Myhre to unidentified Officer

In Valor there is Hope

Comment

Have you looked at Alachua County???

Comment

Is Gainesville PD considered Central Florida? If so, care to share any info about them and their process?

Comment

Originally posted by 2Lucky View Post
                          Is Gainesville PD considered Central Florida? If so, care to share any info about them and their process?
                          gainesville was rated #1 US city. other than that, i don't think it's considered CenFL

Be that pig.

Comment

Originally posted by C.I.HOG View Post

nothing like a broad generalization... this statement is untrue.

i worked for polk county s.o. for 5 years, primarily lakeland area. pcso isn't a bad agency...
                            My Timeline:
                            1-15-07 Applied
                            1-15-07 Recieved COE
                            1-16-07 Background Packet
                            2-09-07 Sent Fingerprint Cards
                            2-27-07 Panel Interview / Drug Screen
                            3-28-07 Mental Health Certification
                            5-09-07 Completed Medical
                            6-06-07 PTA
                            6-08-07 "703" Call Requesting Transcripts
                            I'M DONE!
                            waiting...

Comment

Originally posted by crimefighter
                              Don't forget to research schedules, union representation, health care bene's and what you pay into, FRS vs City retirements, etc...
                              http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/cjst/CJAP/index.html

Be that pig.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4543 users online. 253 members and 4290 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X