300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kennedy Space Center Security Police

Any info about this? I know their contract security but since I'm retiring that's fine with me.

Yearly pt test. Have to meet secret security clearance standards
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Anyone know the company that’s contracts for them and the any info on the hiring process?

Comment

I recently graduated a Police Academy here in Central Florida and we had an instructor who was a supervisor for the Kennedy Space Center police. He stated that you need a secret security clearance, 2 years law enforcement or 2 years of military experience (as military police). If your military experience was not as military police they could still hire you. They need people bad if you have any of those they will do a direct hire. If anyone is interested PM me and I will get you his contact information.

Comment

Must be a reason for needing people that bad, bad pay bad moral and to much overtime. Is that the reason? The secret clearance is no problem. If it has all that makes me wonder if it's a good retirement gig

Comment

He told us that most of the people working for him are retired LEOS, double dipping with their current retirement. It's not the typical run and gun so to speak LEO job that the young candidates are looking for, so they don't get many applicants and the pay is not much.

Comment

I figured it's a retirement gig, I see the company doesnt say how much the pay is in the advertising. I'd do the gig since I'm retiring and a secret isnt that hard to get

Comment

I'm tossing around to put in or not I can retire now. We really like Ft. Myers area but cost of living is higher then what is paid and housing is so much cheaper on the Space Coast. My wife's family can come down and do the whole Disney thing. Any recommendations of places to live in Brevard county, my wife and I are both retiring feds. Thanks

Comment

• orlandofed5-0
                  orlandofed5-0 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Check out Rockledge and Melbourne... If you go to Rockledge, head over to Straight Outta Philly. A buddy of mine's family owns it... And unlike the zoo, you can mention my name.

We looked at Palm Bay also

Comment

What kind of authority do they have? Arrest powers? Citations? Are they considered an "LEO" in FL?

Comment

They're sworn police officers under Title 42 USC I think. Yes they can make arrests. I do not believe they issue citations. At one time they were sworn by Brevard county sheriff not sure if that is still done.
                    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6574 users online. 237 members and 6337 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X