300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Interview with Chief

I’ve been in the process with a small department in Southeast Florida & have my interview with the Chief tomorrow & I’m anxious/nervous. I have passed oral, BI, and drug test.

Any tips/advice on how to prepare for the final interview? All I know is it is a one on one with the Chief.
    Last edited by Florida87; 06-18-2019, 02:39 PM.

I can't speak from experience however I can imagine that this is your opportunity to sell yourself.

Practice - Why do you want to work here? Why do you fit in with this department? Tell me about yourself? Understand the dynamic of the department. Research unemployment in your department's city. Research average income. Is this a party town? A lot of shootings? A lot of drug OD's? Understand the dynamic of the city you'll be patrolling. Do your best to research the chief, learn more about his/her background and ask questions. Be yourself, you'll do great - keep us posted.

Comment

• Florida87
      Florida87 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks man & will do.

As a chief myself I use these interviews to get to know the candidate on a more personal level. I have their hiring packet and know all about their work history, school history, etc... I don't need that reiterated to me. I want to know who you are as a person, I'll be evaluating if you'll be a good fit with the department, will I trust you to have your partner's back, will you go out of your way to cause issues, and so forth.

Finally let me know what you chose this particular department to apply for, show me that you've done your research and have knowledge about us. (Chiefs understand that you apply for a lot of places and will take the first job that's offered but we still want to see you did your homework.)

Comment

• Florida87
      Florida87 commented
      Editing a comment
      Tracking. I will keep that in mind!

Update: Got the conditional before leaving! Interview went great with the Chief while two Sgts. sat in. Job is mine, just have to pass the poly in a couple of days. Thanks for the advice!

Comment

I sent you a PM..

Comment

Congrats bro

Comment

Congratulation buddy

Comment

Congrats!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11933 users online. 451 members and 11482 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X