300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do different?

Hey all, just wanted to ask something on here. I am all squared away and starting the academy on 29 May @ PBCC.

For those you that already have gone, or are going, through the academy this question is for you. What would you do differently knowing what you know now? I know when I was in college I wished I would have done one thing different.

I am just trying to get a feel for what you guys think. I am trying to be as informed as possible, even though I should just go with the "flow" once I start.

Thanks!

If I had to do it all over again, I would have taken it more seriously in the beginning. Being a college graduate, I thought that it would be a piece of cake for me, like college. I was WRONG. That first month was a shocker for me. Just study hard, pay attention, and dont draw too much attention to yourself and you will be fine. Good luck!

Comment

Just enjoy yourself and soak up every piece of information you can get. Good luck!

Comment

Mouth shut, ears OPEN. You will not like some things said, won't understand why some things are relevant, you will ofcourse have a problem with somebody in the class (or they will have one with you).

Just remember, the whole academy is a 22 week job interview. Conduct yourself as a professional. Don't get too involved in the politics of it all and BE A SPONGE.

Comment

The only thing I would have done differently is maybe befriend more people in my class... the only problem with that is we had a lot of idiots. I enjoyed the academy, but I've only really kept in touch with a few people. One of them was only in the DT portion of my class, one is one of my best friends, and the other I didn't really keep in touch with until recently, and that's because now we work together.

Comment

When ever you have a question that you do not understand ask. Even if you here other classmates sigh or start to complain. They are not you, look out for your self an well as everyone else. They might save your life one day or vice versa. Listen and highlight what the instructors focus on sometimes they give away what will be on your next test.
            LET IT RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I agree with everything that's been said. Everyday is an interview; you never know who is watching you. If you have an attitude lose it. Pay attention and read all you can. Also ask a lot of questions stay involved, be the person that adds to the class. Even ask the instructor if you could help him with anything. Most instructors are retired cops and do it because they love the work and training people, not for the money. If you can give them a hand it will help you in that it gets you out of your seat and out of your shell. If you do that and work as hard you can you will get picked up quick.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4544 users online. 290 members and 4254 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X