Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sunrise Police

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sunrise Police

    I saw this on another board and wanted to know if there was any truth and what you guys think of this.

    Sunrise Police officers will be voting on thier new contract in May. Newly hired officers will be starting out at $46,500 and topped out officers will be making $78,000. The top out for Sargeants will now be $94,000. This is not including overtime, off-duty detail ($30.00 per hour), and court overtime. Free medical insurance (PPO or HMO), 6 year DROP plan and a fixed 9% pension contribution rate for life is also in the new contract. When this new contract takes effect, Sunrise Police department will now be the highest paid department in the county (Broward), 2nd highest in the state. The city of Miami Gardens is the only department who pays thier officers a higher salary (Funded by Bonds), but who really wants to work there. Plans for construction on the new Police department Building are also in the works.
    They are currently hiring for certified and non-certified officers. I urge anyone who is interested in this career field to put in their applications to Sunrise.

  • #2
    Yes that is true, but I believe Sunrise's new contribution is 9.8%. There are also other new positive changes coming soon for them as well. They are going to be getting a new chief soon, and finally catching up to the rest of the better local departments in terms of equipment also. Things are starting to change for them there, and it's about time.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by SJR1709 View Post
      Yes that is true, but I believe Sunrise's new contribution is 9.8%. There are also other new positive changes coming soon for them as well. They are going to be getting a new chief soon, and finally catching up to the rest of the better local departments in terms of equipment also. Things are starting to change for them there, and it's about time.

      Should make it that much easier to get on with them

      Comment


      • #4
        Looks promising!

        Ask around about Sunrise PD before you apply. I have heard stories both positive and negative. See if it is what you like. I can't wait for our contract renewal come this october.
        LET IT RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by C.I.HOG View Post
          Ask around about Sunrise PD before you apply. I have heard stories both positive and negative. See if it is what you like. I can't wait for our contract renewal come this october.
          To be fair same could be said about most of the departments in South Florida but any word on what BSO's contract might have since I put in an application there also

          Comment


          • #6
            To be fair same could be said about most of the departments in South Florida but any

            True lauderdalehawk4 its not what you know but who you know, I we are all waiting in anticipation for the new contract. Specially after PBSO and MDPD got great new contracts.
            LET IT RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

            Comment


            • #7
              NO BONDS SUPPORTING MGPD's SALARY

              Originally posted by lauderdalehawk4 View Post
              I saw this on another board and wanted to know if there was any truth and what you guys think of this.

              Sunrise Police officers will be voting on thier new contract in May. Newly hired officers will be starting out at $46,500 and topped out officers will be making $78,000. The top out for Sargeants will now be $94,000. This is not including overtime, off-duty detail ($30.00 per hour), and court overtime. Free medical insurance (PPO or HMO), 6 year DROP plan and a fixed 9% pension contribution rate for life is also in the new contract. When this new contract takes effect, Sunrise Police department will now be the highest paid department in the county (Broward), 2nd highest in the state. The city of Miami Gardens is the only department who pays thier officers a higher salary (Funded by Bonds), but who really wants to work there. Plans for construction on the new Police department Building are also in the works.
              They are currently hiring for certified and non-certified officers. I urge anyone who is interested in this career field to put in their applications to Sunrise.
              The Miami Gardens Police Department's salaries are NOT being supported by bonds, or grants. The salaries are being paid out of the general fund. The purchase of the agency's equipment and police facility is being funded by a bond. This bond will be paid back over a period of years by the general fund. Please visit our web site at www.miamigardenspolice.org.

              And for your comment, "Who wants to work there?” I believe there are many officers, sergeants and captains who wish to work for an agency that respects their education and experience, and are willing to do some good old fashion police work. These are the people who would love to work in the City of Miami Gardens.

              As of today we have received over 1,000 applications, and more are arriving every day.

              I am happy to see that other agencies are properly compensating their officers. They deserve it.

              Wishing you well,

              Major Alfred Lewers, Jr.
              Last edited by MGPDSSBCOM; 05-07-2007, 09:21 AM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Remember when everyone wanted to work for FLPD. Thanks to the city manager they are now the bottom of the list, a get me through the acadamy job.
                Work harder! Millions on welfare depend on you...

                Comment


                • #9
                  not sure if they will ever return to the agencythey once were, just like my agency , we had our high points, and it's been down hill since jam 1993
                  " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
                  " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ftlaudcop View Post
                    not sure if they will ever return to the agencythey once were, just like my agency , we had our high points, and it's been down hill since jam 1993
                    Can you see ourselves and the police agency in the movie Demolition Man with Wesley Snipes and S. Stallone. Great day to you too sir!
                    LET IT RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                    Comment

                    MR300x250 Tablet

                    Collapse

                    What's Going On

                    Collapse

                    There are currently 2618 users online. 128 members and 2490 guests.

                    Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                    Welcome Ad

                    Collapse
                    Working...
                    X