300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MI to FL

Hey, wondering if anyone could give me some information on how and if I can transfer from MI to FL...I have only been part time for a month but need something full time and am willing to relocate. Do I have to attend an academy or can I just test out?

mcampbell610,

the state of FL has a website, which I don't remember, that will tell you everything you need to know, as far as qualifications and changing your POST over. It's something like FDLE.gov for Florida Dept of Law Enforcement. Good luck.

Comment

If you've already completed a full academy in your state and your a full time sworn officer then you'll prob only have to take the 2 week EOT certification course to be FL certified. They basically do the high liabilities then you'll have to take the state test. If your not a full time sworn officer then you'll have to do a full academy here in FL to get certified. Good luck to you.

Comment

Here is a website that shows current openings in Florida. If you are certified in another state, and have at least one year on the job, you can qualify to take the equivalncy of training course. Good luck!

http://www.fpca.com/fpcajobsregionallists.htm

Comment

hey I can help you with this.. you have to do another academy in FL.. I know cuz I just did it.. 2 yrs part time exp. in the state of MI with the academy and all and I had to do the whole thing over again here.. sucks but at least you will leave with a full time job.. i was sponsered so it wasnt too bad.. if you need anymore help you can pm me.
          The true measure of a hero is when a man lays down his life with the knowledge that those he saves... will never know.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4423 users online. 256 members and 4167 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X