300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LE Unions

Looking for any insight regarding Police Unions in Florida. We are looking into switching from PBA to FOP or IUPA. Does anyone have any input regarding either? We have had several ongoing problems with representation and negotiations and are trying to find a sound union that works for us. Anything will be helpful, thanks. Stay safe...
    Train as if your life depends on it...

Been with the FOP for eight years (two different dept.'s) and have no complaints.

Comment

Thanks, that's all I'm looking for is good & bad feedback from people who know. Stay safe...
      Train as if your life depends on it...

Comment

Alot of it has to do with the officers at your department who run the union. Their motivation could be misplaced which could hurt the rank and file as whole if your union rep is in cohoots with the chief. The bargaining aspect of a union would be compromised.

Comment

the teamsters union does have a policing union in FL too.
          "In a bacon-and-egg breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed." - Brian Billick

Be that pig.

Comment

Originally posted by J-ville 5-0 View Post
            Alot of it has to do with the officers at your department who run the union. Their motivation could be misplaced which could hurt the rank and file as whole if your union rep is in cohoots with the chief. The bargaining aspect of a union would be compromised.
            J-Ville, you are absolutely correct! In all honesty, no matter how well of the reputation of the union, it will always come down to the people within the union and how well your union rep works! This is the first and formost important aspect of collective bargaining.

Personally, I am more partial towards the Teamsters.

Comment

my suggestion FTW.
              "In a bacon-and-egg breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed." - Brian Billick

Be that pig.

Comment

Are there a lot of officers with teamsters in FL? They have Metro Nashville and now Shelby County Sheriff's in Memphis. Nnnot going too well in either from what I'm hearing. But, again, I agree, it depends on the motivation of those running the unions and associations.

Comment

Originally posted by crimefighter
                  Amen, Couldn't have said any better brother!!! Our PBA @ PBSO is dictated in just that fashion...And depending on where you stand with your character sometimes dictates whether you'll be represented in some situations....Extremely political as well...........
                  That's why it is sometimes better to have one of the department's 'bad boys' as the union president. Because he could care less what the department thinks of him.

Comment

Originally posted by dogma vs karma View Post
                    my suggestion FTW.
                    Dude, hence the "I'm partial towards......." meaning a personal thought, not taking your quote and posing it as mine bro.

The Teamsters are in pretty much all of the Volusia County agencies (Daytona Beach Police Department) except Ormond Beach. Making a good run in Central Florida the last time I was looking. Rumor had it that Teamsters were about to merge with IUPA.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5699 users online. 326 members and 5373 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X