300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MDPD Academy

Hello Everyone. Thanks in advance for your replies. I am in the hiring process with MDPD and had a few questions about the academy.

1. What are the hair (including facial hair) requirments? (not that I wouldnt be willing to shave everything off to become a cop but I'm just curious)

2. What kind of "aquatic" excercises are done and what are the min. requirments? Is it basic swimming or do you have to be able to "save" some type of dummy or dive deep? Thanks and stay safe.

Well, what I can tell you is that you cant have any facial hair. If you can then it would most likely be a mustache and it has be neatly cut and groomed if any hair is allowed. When I went to my academy (not MDPD) we werent allowed to have ANY facial hair. Some departments are lax on it and some are strict like the department I worked for.

As for the swimming, I really dont think MDPD does any swimming. I could be wrong but I really dont think they do any of that.

We got alot of people in here from MDPD and they can verify whether or not my statements are true. Just trying to help you out with the info I know. Good Luck with MDPD their tough and take a long time to hire!!!!.
    Law Enforcement is a career like none other. You face challenges everyday and you get rewarded in the sametime. Thats why LE work is the best career an individual can ever choose. - Me

Comment

I had my orientation on April 11th and the Academy Instructor said that they don't have a PAT before the academy and phisical tests are done throughout the academy. He mentioned about draging a dummy (150lbs) but no mentions about swiming.

Comment

2. What kind of "aquatic" excercises are done and what are the min. requirments? Is it basic swimming or do you have to be able to "save" some type of dummy or dive deep? Thanks and stay safe.[/QUOTE]\

I'm glad that you posted up this question, because I was wondering the same thing. How far along are you in the process?
        "A man is a fool if he tries to pet the dog that once bit him."- Cheif William Gillespie

Comment

Originally posted by NavCop22
          Well, what I can tell you is that you cant have any facial hair. If you can then it would most likely be a mustache and it has be neatly cut and groomed if any hair is allowed. When I went to my academy (not MDPD) we werent allowed to have ANY facial hair. Some departments are lax on it and some are strict like the department I worked for.

As for the swimming, I really dont think MDPD does any swimming. I could be wrong but I really dont think they do any of that.

We got alot of people in here from MDPD and they can verify whether or not my statements are true. Just trying to help you out with the info I know. Good Luck with MDPD their tough and take a long time to hire!!!!.
          Which department did you use to work for ???
          "I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.'"

President John F. Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by PhilosophyNerd
            2. What kind of "aquatic" excercises are done and what are the min. requirments? Is it basic swimming or do you have to be able to "save" some type of dummy or dive deep? Thanks and stay safe.
            \

I'm glad that you posted up this question, because I was wondering the same thing. How far along are you in the process?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I've been wondering about the swimming thing. I can swim but I'm not very comfortable in the water. I just had my polygraph April 10th and the examiner I said I did extremely well except for one question about past employment. He said it shouldn't be a big deal because everything else is good. But I guess I have to wait. I'm hoping to hear back next week. And you?

Comment

Originally posted by Lancelot83
              \

Yeah I've been wondering about the swimming thing. I can swim but I'm not very comfortable in the water. I just had my polygraph April 10th and the examiner I said I did extremely well except for one question about past employment. He said it shouldn't be a big deal because everything else is good. But I guess I have to wait. I'm hoping to hear back next week. And you?
              Hey, well good luck to you in the hiring process. As for me, I have not applied to any agencies yet. My plan is to start taking swimming classes during the summer so I can improve my water skills before I turn in my application and go off to the academy. MDPD is one of the agencies I plan on applying for, though.
              "A man is a fool if he tries to pet the dog that once bit him."- Cheif William Gillespie

Comment

Facial hair is gone in the academy, and there is a week long swimming block where they teach you to swim and you do alot of swimming.

Comment

Originally posted by navycop04
                  Which department did you use to work for ???

I was a deputy for Collier.
                  Law Enforcement is a career like none other. You face challenges everyday and you get rewarded in the sametime. Thats why LE work is the best career an individual can ever choose. - Me

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3624 users online. 215 members and 3409 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X