300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flash light ideas ?

Need a good mini light I can carry on my duty belt that is super bright and maybe takes AA batts . Want to light up the iinside of vehicles on stops, any one have a good one? maybe even rechargeable?
    Last edited by IN PROCESS; 04-18-2007, 10:45 PM.

I have one othose pelican lights, its like 7 or 8 inches. Its an LED, I think it works just as well as my streamlight, however, the batteries for it arel ike $7. But it fits nice on my duty belt, and seems to pretty reliable so far.......

Comment

Ski
      do you have it in a holder? Ive been looking at the pelican 7060 that la pd went to its 135 lumes that must be super bright.

Originally posted by skibum81
      I have one othose pelican lights, its like 7 or 8 inches. Its an LED, I think it works just as well as my streamlight, however, the batteries for it arel ike $7. But it fits nice on my duty belt, and seems to pretty reliable so far.......

Comment

yea it came with a nylon holder for the light and it also has a little compartment for an extra battery. it is a very bright light. not too sure on the specs, i've had it for a while, but its bright.

Comment

I have a Gladius from Blackhawk, it's a great light. It's a bit on the pricey side but it's well worth it. Besides myself I know alot of other officers that use it also.

Comment

The Strion.....Great rechargable light

Comment

I absolutely love my Streamlight XT.

Comment

Streamlights are sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by skibum81
                  Streamlights are sweet!
                  Yeah it's nice. It comes with two chargers, one to keep at home and one for the car (fits nicely in both CVPIs and Impalas between the two seats). So far I've only used it to look for adresses while delivering pizza... but it will get some real use within 3 weeks.

Comment

Streamlight Stinger. The first. The Best

Ok so it may not be the first but it is the best
                    R.I.P. Officer Wayne McLaughlin

Comment

Originally posted by COASTIE01
                      Streamlight Stinger. The first. The Best

Ok so it may not be the first but it is the best

I prefer the tailcap switch on the XT. On a side note, some people have said to also get a regular D-Cell maglite just for traffic stops. I think it's actually a decent idea, something a bit heavier if a window needs to be broken, and if SHTF and you happen to drop your flashlight you have the second on the belt. Anyone have any opinion on that?

Comment

I cant comment on traffic stops but when you are climbing the side of a tanker using a rope ladder a D-cell mag is more un-necessary weight.
                        R.I.P. Officer Wayne McLaughlin

Comment

Surefire hands down. 6P or 9P. uses lithium batteries. Solid!

Comment

Originally posted by COASTIE01
                            I cant comment on traffic stops but when you are climbing the side of a tanker using a rope ladder a D-cell mag is more un-necessary weight.
                            Well we have about a dozen lakes... but the closest tanker-worthy port is about 50 minutes east of here... so I guess I won't really have that problem .

Comment

Love my Scorpion from Streamlight. Five inches long with rubberized grip, 2 c123 lithium batteries, spot to flood light focus not waterproof. I saw orings when I opened it so I took one diving lasted about 20 minutes before water meesed it up. and Xenon Bulb. and lest than 5 ounces. Very bright! How many would you like to order. Just kidding!
                              LET IT RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6271 users online. 359 members and 5912 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X