300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tampa PD and Hillsborough Co SD

Hi, I was wondering if someone could give me some insight on these departments. I am moving to the Tampa area upon graduation of college, and would like someone with some experience to give me an insight on these two departments. Mainly what im looking for is difficulty to get in (for someone coming right out of college), how strict they are with past record (no criminal, just a speeding ticket that was 3 yrs ago), how difficult the academies are, what the pay is like and how quickly and easily you can move up and get pay increases, and basically what to expect.

I am not sure about the physical standards for either department, and how tough they are physically in the academies. That is also something I would like to know. I am 6'0", 195lbs. Not exactly a pencil, but I'm not overweight. I can run the 1.5 mile in 11 minutes flat right now, still working on getting it under 10 minutes. Max bench is right around 190, and P/U - 57 in a minute and S/U - 63 in a minute. How will I fair in the physical testing and the physical aspect of the academy? Thanks in advance.
    -Scott

If your doing the mile and a half in 11 minutes, 63 sit ups and 50-somthing push ups you should be fine, and i dont think you ever have to bench press in the academy. I'm going through soon, and everyone tells me i will do fine and do the mile and half in like 13.

Comment

Great, thank you for the response.

Anyone else want to chime in?

Comment

I just got hired by HCSO and I can tell you, that while they are hiring, it has taken nearly a year. They are very thorough and you must have a lot of patience. You will do fine on the PAT, which was the easiest part of the whole process.

The pay is pretty good as well as the benefits so I would encourage you to apply and hope for the best. Your college degree will help you as well.

Comment

I just got out of academy less than a yr ago. STATE standards in the academy are 20-30age = 12:51 mile in a half or less.
          Bench press 99% of body wieght. Sit and reach of 16.5. And body composition but u can be fat and pass it.

Comment

.. .. . .. .... .. ..
            Last edited by Delta_V; 07-30-2008, 01:20 AM. Reason: delete

Comment

Last edited by Delta_V; 07-30-2008, 01:21 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6493 users online. 359 members and 6134 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X