300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here question MDPD PTA??

Hello I'm new to the forum and I have a question, I apply to MDPD I did the poly and the assessment, when my BI started my BG I was DQ and I knew it was because of my credit (something minor that I was resolving at the time no diggie) when i go review my file the lady from records told me that I was DQ because of my credit and that I didn't disclosure and arrest WHAT???? I was like, I never been arrested in my life so she told me are you sure and I told her I swear on my kids I never been arrested so she said we have a record from the city of Hialeah showing and arrest, so I went to Hialeah PD and they gave me the copy of the report witch at the end stated "the driver was PTA" so I called my friend who just got hire by MDPD and told that that it's consider and arrest .
    My question is can I appeal this or is a lost cause and I just have to apply to another dept. like BSO.
    And by the way I was driving with a suspended licenses due to failure to pay a ticket.
    Thank you for looking

Originally posted by taz080
    Hello I'm new to the forum and I have a question, I apply to MDPD I did the poly and the assessment, when my BI started my BG I was DQ and I knew it was because of my credit (something minor that I was resolving at the time no diggie) when i go review my file the lady from records told me that I was DQ because of my credit and that I didn't disclosure and arrest WHAT???? I was like, I never been arrested in my life so she told me are you sure and I told her I swear on my kids I never been arrested so she said we have a record from the city of Hialeah showing and arrest, so I went to Hialeah PD and they gave me the copy of the report witch at the end stated "the driver was PTA" so I called my friend who just got hire by MDPD and told that that it's consider and arrest .
    My question is can I appeal this or is a lost cause and I just have to apply to another dept. like BSO.
    And by the way I was driving with a suspended licenses due to failure to pay a ticket.
    Thank you for looking
    With MDPD its a lost cause. They are picky. Now you have to explain yourself why you didn't disclosed the PTA with MDPD to an other agency. Sorry but most agencies will think you omitted it on purpose. You are going have a hard time. I'm sorry this happened to you. Good Luck!
    sigpicNEVER FORGET!!!

Comment

Don't give up man, what the heck is a PTA?
      "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character...Our great title is AMERICANS." - Thomas Paine

"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Originally posted by LCPLPunk
        Don't give up man, what the heck is a PTA?
        A (PTA) is a Promise To Appear in court for a criminal offence mostly a misdemeanor only. The arresting officer has the option to take you to jail or give ticket saying that you will promise to appear in court.
        sigpicNEVER FORGET!!!

Comment

PTA = Promise To Appear.
          - or -
          ROR = Release on Own Recognizance.
          Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
          Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

Thanks for the replys, I going to start the process with BSO.
            Any input on BSO?
            Last edited by taz080; 04-17-2007, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Thank you for looking
              So is a PTA the same as a NTA (Notice To Appear, aka it's still an arrest, you just don't have to go straight to jail for it)? If so I'd say yes that would be a lost cause, and not just for MDPD. There may be ones out there that wouldn't DQ for failure to disclose an NTA, but I can't think of any. If PTA and NTA are totally different things... than nevermind.

Comment

Thank you for looking
                So is a PTA the same as a NTA (Notice To Appear, aka it's still an arrest, you just don't have to go straight to jail for it)? If so I'd say yes that would be a lost cause, and not just for MDPD. There may be ones out there that wouldn't DQ for failure to disclose an NTA, but I can't think of any. If PTA and NTA are totally different things... than nevermind.

Comment

Thank you for looking

Comment

Taz seek legal guidance, are you still with TSA?

Thank you for looking
                    GOD BLESS AMERICA

CBP EOD DATE JAN 7TH 2008

Comment

Originally posted by LEO4JC
                      Seek legal guidance for what? He was disqualified because he didn't disclose an arrest.

Comment

Originally posted by LEO4JC
                        Yes still with TSA.But I just don't want to spend money on legal advise and at the end they still are going to say no.I have two kids and I don't have that kind of money to spend. thank you for the advise.

Comment

Originally posted by StudChris
                          Seek legal guidance for what? He was disqualified because he didn't disclose an arrest.
                          I didn't know what that was until I ask my friend who is a PO with MDPD I'm not a PO and I had no clue what they where giving me I though it was just another ticket if I knew it was an arrest I not that stupid not to disclure that info is not like they're not going to find out.
                          At this point it would of been better if they had arrested me that day that way I would of know that I was arrested.
                          Oh well I'll try with BSO to see what they say.
                          Thank you all for the replys.

Comment

he did not know that a pta was like an arrest, since he may not have been formaly or legally informed by the arresting officer he may be able to fight this, he should pull the entire record from the pd and since he is not an attorney i suggested seeking legal advice, if you dont understand something the logical thing to do is to seek guidance like he is doing now. Taz dont give up and research your own records for clear understanding of your past so this wont happen again, how about cbp anything with that?

Originally posted by StudChris
                            Seek legal guidance for what? He was disqualified
                            because he didn't disclose an arrest.
                            GOD BLESS AMERICA

CBP EOD DATE JAN 7TH 2008

Comment

I'm still waiting for CBP and ICE but my real passion is police work.I'm sorry to ask you but do you work for TSA or have we ever met?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3970 users online. 233 members and 3737 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X