Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoa guys, don't just give up on this guy..how would we ever learn unless we make mistakes? (There are ways, but this way usually works too)
    "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character...Our great title is AMERICANS." - Thomas Paine

"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Originally posted by J-ville 5-0
      Perfectly said.

Wadson, don't go away mad, just GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!

This website is obviously not for you. Why don't you try www.I'maholstersniffer.com. I think that would be better suited for your needs.........
      man that's very funny. Great comment
      "I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.'"

President John F. Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by J-ville 5-0
        Perfectly said.

Wadson, don't go away mad, just GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!

This website is obviously not for you. Why don't you try www.I'maholstersniffer.com. I think that would be better suited for your needs.........
        Whatever it takes.
        The statements posted on here are of my own and does not represent any agency that I am in process with, was in process with or will be in process with.

Comment

Wadson......... OK I was gonna get on you, but I won't. You do have a cocky attitude that we do not have to listen to.

Comment

I have been looking at this particular thread, and from what I have read, you are all right. Advertising you are a cop(or in the academy) is plain old dumb. People who know you will obviously know what you are doing, therefore it does not need to be expressed via the World Wide Web. I have a myspace page that I go on to and interact with my friends on a regular basis with. There is nothing on my page that even remotely connects me to law enforcement. My friends on there know that I do not want it advertised, and they respect that. I also do not have anything that the law enforcement community would frown down upon on my page.

As for Wadson, I'm not gonna lay into you one bit. Hell man, I was 19 too at one point as well, we all were. The only difference between you and I is that when I was 19, I was not trying to get a job as an LEO. You gotta remember that in this job you are always under the microscope. In my opinion, you might be looked at harder off duty. You seem like a really smart guy, but take some of these people's advice. When you are trying to make a name for yourself in the job, there are pretty much only three basic rules(in my mind), work hard, be honest and fair, and stay humble to yourself and others. Cops are normal people who do an extra ordinary job. Good luck in the academy

Comment

Originally posted by skibum81
              I have been looking at this particular thread, and from what I have read, you are all right. Advertising you are a cop(or in the academy) is plain old dumb. People who know you will obviously know what you are doing, therefore it does not need to be expressed via the World Wide Web. I have a myspace page that I go on to and interact with my friends on a regular basis with. There is nothing on my page that even remotely connects me to law enforcement. My friends on there know that I do not want it advertised, and they respect that. I also do not have anything that the law enforcement community would frown down upon on my page.

As for Wadson, I'm not gonna lay into you one bit. Hell man, I was 19 too at one point as well, we all were. The only difference between you and I is that when I was 19, I was not trying to get a job as an LEO. You gotta remember that in this job you are always under the microscope. In my opinion, you might be looked at harder off duty. You seem like a really smart guy, but take some of these people's advice. When you are trying to make a name for yourself in the job, there are pretty much only three basic rules(in my mind), work hard, be honest and fair, and stay humble to yourself and others. Cops are normal people who do an extra ordinary job. Good luck in the academy
              Thank you sir,
              Actually, I was thinking of getting into corrections first before I attempted LE. My decision was changed after reviews from other cops in my area. Some was For, Majority was for No. Wish military was an option, but it isnt in this case.
              Last edited by threatZERO; 04-17-2007, 01:12 AM.
              The statements posted on here are of my own and does not represent any agency that I am in process with, was in process with or will be in process with.

Comment

Why is the military not an option? If I were you, I would strongly think about college as well. You learn a lot about yourself when you're there.

Comment

If I had to do it over again I would do the military, then do school.

I enlisted in 1999 as a Delayed Entry because I always wanted to serve my country and be a soldier. At the time the Army was having the Army College Fund, which promised 40k after u got out for college. I honestly didn't even consider that money because I planned on making the Army a career, but four years later, after I got out, i'm happy as hell i got that option. I am about 9 or so weeks from getting my B.S. in CJ and the Army will have paid for 100% and more of it.

Now, after four years in the Army i feel like i matured alot. I dealt with all sorts of people, situations, etc. But when I decided to go to college I went because I WANTED to be there, not for job oppurtunities, or because that's what everyone else wanted, but because I wanted to learn.

Now I'm applying to be a Deputy Sheriff and I feel like my background will help me out tremendously in my new career. So Wadson, I don't really know what advice to give you other than to seek out your dreams, but good luck in whatever you do.
                  "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character...Our great title is AMERICANS." - Thomas Paine

"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Originally posted by WadsonF
                    Still trying to figure out where i've gone wrong on a "friendly" thread asking how everyone was in Florida.
                    I don't think this thread is where you have gone wrong. We have all heard you only get one chance to make a first impression. To say the least, many of your posts have been immature and of poor choice. You are constantly given advice on how to act as someone wanting to join into the profession of a Law Enforcement officer. This advice has been from professional law enforcement officers on this site, yet you ignore them time after time. If you REALLY want to become an officer, take the advice. You have already made a bad impression on this forum and are only digging a hole for yourself to enter this career. Many of us have never met you and can only base our opinion of you from your posts. Please take our advice and constructive critisism and good luck.

Comment

I really dont know you well because I havent read many of your posts. I'm not going to bash you for advertising that you are a police cadet, LEO aspring whatever you are doing to let the world know of your career choice. I remember I was the same way when I was 19. When I was 19 I was wearing shirts with police cars on it and I was just a plain teenager cop wanna be. However, what you are doing is so foolish that I couldnt pack it all at once in this post. You have gotten EXCELLENT advice from other LEOs on here which I would of killed for when I was 19. They are the professionals and if you dont listen to them you might as well consider getting another career choice.

As for posting your myspace on here or ANYWHERE. Not a good idea!!!. I had a personal web profile when I worked with an agency when I was 20. The agency sponsered me through the academy and all and I loved my job. Someone like SoFlaCop has mentioned in his post. A anonymous person reported my personal web profile to the agency I worked for, it was supposely an out of state officer. The IA got started on a tuesday and on friday of that same week I had to turn in my badge and my uniforms. I was done!!!.

I'm 23 now. Its taken me 3 god damn years to recover from that!!!!!. Right now I'm grateful to god and to jesus that I got a job offer once more to be a LEO from an agency that I have had my heart set on since I can remember!!!!. I have seen MANY MANY good officers and deputies get let go because they posted their identity or their picture or what you just did online. Dont do the same stupid and careless decision that many deputies and I have done. No agencies wanted to hire me at first. I was even called a "second class" officer by a certain agency that is above Collier county. I'll let you guys who know figure it out ; D . All I can say now that I will once again have the opportunity to become a LEO is. LISTEN TO THE PROS AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!!!!. My FTO put it great once, SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND OPEN YOUR EARS. Best advice I have gotten about learning the ropes of LE.

LISTEN TO THE PROFESSIONALS!!!!! Their advice is priceless and again I wish I had this same advice when I was 19. I would of killed for it!!!!.
                      Law Enforcement is a career like none other. You face challenges everyday and you get rewarded in the sametime. Thats why LE work is the best career an individual can ever choose. - Me

Comment

Originally posted by NavCop22
                        I really dont know you well because I havent read many of your posts. I'm not going to bash you for advertising that you are a police cadet, LEO aspring whatever you are doing to let the world know of your career choice. I remember I was the same way when I was 19. When I was 19 I was wearing shirts with police cars on it and I was just a plain teenager cop wanna be. However, what you are doing is so foolish that I couldnt pack it all at once in this post. You have gotten EXCELLENT advice from other LEOs on here which I would of killed for when I was 19. They are the professionals and if you dont listen to them you might as well consider getting another career choice.

As for posting your myspace on here or ANYWHERE. Not a good idea!!!. I had a personal web profile when I worked with an agency when I was 20. The agency sponsered me through the academy and all and I loved my job. Someone like SoFlaCop has mentioned in his post. A anonymous person reported my personal web profile to the agency I worked for, it was supposely an out of state officer. The IA got started on a tuesday and on friday of that same week I had to turn in my badge and my uniforms. I was done!!!.

I'm 23 now. Its taken me 3 god damn years to recover from that!!!!!. Right now I'm grateful to god and to jesus that I got a job offer once more to be a LEO from an agency that I have had my heart set on since I can remember!!!!. I have seen MANY MANY good officers and deputies get let go because they posted their identity or their picture or what you just did online. Dont do the same stupid and careless decision that many deputies and I have done. No agencies wanted to hire me at first. I was even called a "second class" officer by a certain agency that is above Collier county. I'll let you guys who know figure it out ; D . All I can say now that I will once again have the opportunity to become a LEO is. LISTEN TO THE PROS AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!!!!. My FTO put it great once, SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND OPEN YOUR EARS. Best advice I have gotten about learning the ropes of LE.

LISTEN TO THE PROFESSIONALS!!!!! Their advice is priceless and again I wish I had this same advice when I was 19. I would of killed for it!!!!.

Thanks again, I guess. Go ahead and click view all posts by WadsonF, I dont see where people would think I am another "LegalWithAnI". I'll admit it, I did get mad at some posts, and blow up. I wont provide an explantion because i'll just get bashed some more. I understand where I went wrong, but I still dont get how this thread went from a friendly "Hey guys, How is everyone doing in florida?" to Wadson, get the hell out, your never going to be a cop!

It's ok. Thanks, and thanks some more.

......... wadson

Comment

Thanks again, I guess. Go ahead and click view all posts by WadsonF, I dont see where people would think I am another "LegalWithAnI". I'll admit it, I did get mad at some posts, and blow up. I wont provide an explantion because i'll just get bashed some more. I understand where I went wrong, but I still dont get how this thread went from a friendly "Hey guys, How is everyone doing in florida?" to Wadson, get the hell out, your never going to be a cop!

It's ok. Thanks, and thanks some more.

......... wadson

I really and sincerly think you should consider joining the military. I think doing some military time, you would get your act straight and not get ****ed off when people critize you. You WILL get chewed out by a FTO simply for saying some of the stuff you have said on here.

I have no doubt in my mind that you will make it. However, when you do make it which will be one day. Keep this in mind always. SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND OPEN YOUR EARS. You are going to hear than more than once and its not going to end in the academy. Rest assure of that WadsonF.

Good Luck in your progress and hopefully youll get that job offer sooner or later.
                          Law Enforcement is a career like none other. You face challenges everyday and you get rewarded in the sametime. Thats why LE work is the best career an individual can ever choose. - Me

Comment

Originally posted by NavCop22
                            I really and sincerly think you should consider joining the military. I think doing some military time, you would get your act straight and not get ****ed off when people critize you. You WILL get chewed out by a FTO simply for saying some of the stuff you have said on here.

I have no doubt in my mind that you will make it. However, when you do make it which will be one day. Keep this in mind always. SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND OPEN YOUR EARS. You are going to hear than more than once and its not going to end in the academy. Rest assure of that WadsonF.

Good Luck in your progress and hopefully youll get that job offer sooner or later.
                            Thank you, NavCop22. It's damn good to hear you got your job back, err, well another LEO position. I'm contemplating deleting the evil from my life (myspace) and continueing on.
                            Last edited by threatZERO; 04-20-2007, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Thank you, NavCop22. It's damn good to hear you got your job back, err, well another LEO position. I'm contemplating deleting the evil from my life (myspace) and continueing on.

Bro nothing at all is wrong with having a myspace, I love it because it keeps me in touch with a lot of my friends... but just like everything else in life you have to watch how you use it.

Comment

Originally posted by StudChris
                                Bro nothing at all is wrong with having a myspace, I love it because it keeps me in touch with a lot of my friends... but just like everything else in life you have to watch how you use it.
                                Exactly....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6307 users online. 372 members and 5935 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X