Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still trying to figure out where i've gone wrong on a "friendly" thread asking how everyone was in Florida.

Not stressing anything.

Originally posted by wannabele
    Wadson, why do you call everbody "sir". It makes me feel old.
    ROTC,
    Way I was raised,
    and just showing respect to professionals. I got owned by my ride along officer for saying sir. "Call me sir one more time, and your walking to the station. " I'll relax on the sir's

Also, I think you should focus on getting through the academy first. From the posts I've seen you're gonna have a heart attack from stressing. Chill out a little. You're only 19 with you're whole life ahead of you!!
    Thank god for hobbies, and a life outside of "officer.com". I'm chill man, I'm chill .

Also, I think you should focus on getting through the academy first. From the posts I've seen you're gonna have a heart attack from stressing. Chill out a little. You're only 19 with you're whole life ahead of you!!
    I've been busting my *** on PT . The marines recruiting center down here in melbourne allowed me to PT with them, even though I wont be enlisting with them. Rotc instructor got it arranged. It's hard, but will be a good thing when it's over and lose my 25-30lbs.

I'm set to go. I dont have any academic problems but who knows? I've heard all kinds of people cant make it through academy. Based on intel from rides, and o.com. who knows.
    Last edited by WadsonF; 04-16-2007, 01:17 PM.
    WadsonF 10-4's the above statement.

Comment

I know when i lived in NJ and had friends going through the academy, they were all 21 or older and they were not allowed to go out drinking during the academy, even on weekends. They were told if they were seen drinking while enrolled in the academy regardless if its a weekend and if there 21 or older they would be in BIG trouble. I couldnt imagine if you were caught underage.

As for myspace, i'm not against it, its no bigger threat or anymore dangerous than the internet or anything else, but if your dumb enough to post pictures on there of yourself doing things illegal like underage drinking or whatever else you may feel you should put on there, than don't cry when you get caught and in trouble for it. Remember, whatever is on the internet is public knowledge and information.

Comment

Originally posted by njsurfer
        I know when i lived in NJ and had friends going through the academy, they were all 21 or older and they were not allowed to go out drinking during the academy, even on weekends. They were told if they were seen drinking while enrolled in the academy regardless if its a weekend and if there 21 or older they would be in BIG trouble. I couldnt imagine if you were caught underage.

As for myspace, i'm not against it, its no bigger threat or anymore dangerous than the internet or anything else, but if your dumb enough to post pictures on there of yourself doing things illegal like underage drinking or whatever else you may feel you should put on there, than don't cry when you get caught and in trouble for it. Remember, whatever is on the internet is public knowledge and information.
        Yea, sucks for people that post's pictures of themselves drunk on myspace. I'm glad I'm not one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by WadsonF
          Yea, sucks for people that post's pictures of themselves drunk on myspace. I'm glad I'm not one of them.

Not to mention people that post pictures of them holding handguns at camera level, and those that show them standing there trying to look all tough looking while wearing a "POLICE" t-shirt, and also those that have their face covered with a black bandana. None illegal, but all very stupid considering what you're trying to do.

And atleast you were smart enough to get rid of the comment of your 19 year old friend talking about how drunk she is, so that her page can't be looked at where you're talking about how drunk you are.

Again, this is just comin from someone who has seen people get messed up because of this stuff. But if you know better, hey all the more power to you.

Comment

Originally posted by StudChris
            Not to mention people that post pictures of them holding handguns at camera level, and those that show them standing there trying to look all tough looking while wearing a "POLICE" t-shirt, and also those that have their face covered with a black bandana. None illegal, but all very stupid considering what you're trying to do.

And atleast you were smart enough to get rid of the comment of your 19 year old friend talking about how drunk she is, so that her page can't be looked at where you're talking about how drunk you are.

Again, this is just comin from someone who has seen people get messed up because of this stuff. But if you know better, hey all the more power to you.
            Oh and don't forget, dying of a gunshot wound (as you so elegantly put it on your survey that is open for the world to see) is something that seems to be more of a wish for gang members than LEO.

Comment

Oh and don't forget, dying of a gunshot wound (as you so elegantly put it on your survey that is open for the world to see) is something that seems to be more of a wish for gang members than LEO.
              Lol, StudChris, pick out everything thats wrong with a profile that was not even created by me. Does it help your resume? My girlfriend made a survey for me, and no I did not review what was on it because out of 500 people I actively speak with, your the only one that has a problem. Just want to get some things broken down, and explained to you before you continue trying to bash me.

Myspace. - Public information yea? So stuff you read on the internet is always true, yea? I rarely touch my profile, and do the editing on it. It's my girlfriends work of art, and I could care less what she puts on it. It does not make my background checks come back negative. Does not change the way most officers (that have seen my profile) think about me. It's great knowing the Cheif of Police, and SGTs that know your face, like me.

Watch what happens next. Two or more of you are going to come and say i'm overreacting, I cant take critisim (spell either), I dont have thick skin, leo is not for me, find somthing else to do, dumb teen, ect. Thats alright, I ignore it. -- Judge me some more, based on information from the interweb, thanks.

I always talk about wearing a Police Shirt with my Leo friends. It's not illegal, I dont have a gun on me, or a badge, nor am I singleing out a department to represent.

Other than working fulltime looking at my profile, what else do you do on myspace?
              Last edited by WadsonF; 04-16-2007, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Lol, StudChris, pick out everything thats wrong with a profile that was not even created by me. Does it help your resume? My girlfriend made a survey for me, and no I did not review what was on it because out of 500 people I actively speak with, your the only one that has a problem. Just want to get some things broken down, and explained to you before you continue trying to bash me.

Myspace. - Public information yea? So stuff you read on the internet is always true, yea? I rarely touch my profile, and do the editing on it. It's my girlfriends work of art, and I could care less what she puts on it. It does not make my background checks come back negative. Does not change the way most officers (that have seen my profile) think about me. It's great knowing the Cheif of Police, and SGTs that know your face, like me.

Watch what happens next. Two or more of you are going to come and say i'm overreacting, I cant take critisim (spell either), I dont have thick skin, leo is not for me, find somthing else to do, dumb teen, ect. Thats alright, I ignore it. -- Judge me some more, based on information from the interweb, thanks.

No I actually think you're a pretty smart guy, and I hope before too long you'll learn exactly what CYA really is.

Comment

---- Removed. ----

Comment

Originally posted by AMunoz2001
                    I'm starting the academy at PBCC on 29 May. I'm also enjoying the cool weather this morning.
                    Good stuff, I think it hit like 47 last night? 4/16

Comment

I always talk about wearing a Police Shirt with my Leo friends. It's not illegal, I dont have a gun on me, or a badge, nor am I singleing out a department to represent.

Other than working fulltime looking at my profile, what else do you do on myspace?
                      Once again you give all of the young people that might have an interest in LEO get a bad name and once again I have to tell you when I started at 19 I remember learning fast the one thing that will get you in trouble fast will be youre mouth.

Being young and always hanging out with friends had made me learn fast that I must always seperate my job from my personal life the two dont mix. You might know the chief and the sergeants but they wont save you when you do something stupid or commit a crime.

Some people get into this job for all the wrong reasons and you are giving people the ammunition to belive that, reputation can be everything in this job especially if you are young and trying to get a job. Take the advise by a grain of salt but you have made some people upset on this forum and if someone you dont know has found out about you on myspace he might just drop a dime on you in a moment, hell he might even post your Myspace URL on this site who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by LATIN COP
                        Once again you give all of the young people that might have an interest in LEO get a bad name and once again I have to tell you when I started at 19 I remember learning fast the one thing that will get you in trouble fast will be youre mouth.

Being young and always hanging out with friends had made me learn fast that I must always seperate my job from my personal life the two dont mix. You might know the chief and the sergeants but they wont save you when you do something stupid or commit a crime.

Some people get into this job for all the wrong reasons and you are giving people the ammunition to belive that, reputation can be everything in this job especially if you are young and trying to get a job. Take the advise by a grain of salt but you have made some people upset on this forum and if someone you dont know has found out about you on myspace he might just drop a dime on you in a moment, hell he might even post your Myspace URL on this site who knows.
                        www.myspace.com/wadsonx

Comment

Wadson, not trying to bash here at all, but i'm not sure if you said you do wear that Police shirt or not. If you do, I would highly suggest stopping.

It's one thing to wear a shirt that says you support LE, but the shirt with POLICE on it may not come out how you intend it to others.
                          "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character...Our great title is AMERICANS." - Thomas Paine

"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Im a officer, and myself and several of my squad mates have myspace pages, but they are all on Private :P and dont have any questionable materials.. ie underage drinking, pictures of rap gangstas, etc that anyone at hq's could find offensive. A few other officers from my agency got hit up because of questionable content on thier pages, reported by anon. persons. gota be careful.

Comment

There is your cockyness, okay dont listen to any advise anyone gives you.

Good Luck with your dream.

Comment

Perfectly said.

Wadson, don't go away mad, just GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!

This website is obviously not for you. Why don't you try www.I'maholstersniffer.com. I think that would be better suited for your needs.........

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4515 users online. 252 members and 4263 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X