300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Survived my trip!

Phew...3600 miles later and I'm back to Indiana from Florida and now to get my test results next week in the mail!

CJBAT: geez how can you possibly fail this? I wonder how much different the green book is to the blue book though. I think everyone likes the question that says its wrong and a mortal sin to show your badge to an officer that pulls you over and lets you off without a speeding ticket

TABE: kill me now...reading and language were easy, but math is a killer. Basic Educational math for me would be Add, Subtract, Multiply, Divide, and formulas. I can't do 18 questions that have fractions, square roots, ungodly high powers in 9 minutes in my head or on paper that quickly. Hopefully I did good in the section that lets you use a calculator (which oddly enough I didn't need one) so it averages out to something decent.

These others are BCC specific I think.

Swim Test: Jumped in, didn't realize my clothes would soak up so much water, and drowned with my first breath of air All that chlorine made me throw up my McDonalds breakfast too Passed though!

PAT: Half mile run simple enough and the obstacle course isn't a big deal although some people lost alot of time at the 6 foot wall. I lost the most time at the door. I'm not used to opening/closing doors without the help of my butler so I had no clue how it was supposed to be done

Apparently I had a brain fart during one of the tests when I thought "cainine" was spelled right and "barren" was wrong. It hit me while driving home and I felt so stupid.
    Overall wow...driving pains ouch ouch ouch. Is it just me...or does everyone in Florida go 5 under or exactly the speed limit in the PASSING LANE? Its a huge change from back in October when I saw people going 90+ on I-70. At least this time I don't have to clean my window or grill since the love bugs weren't out kamikaze like.

I took the computer version of the test, i thought it would have been harder to tie my shoes. GOod luck though!

Comment

bcc = ? brevard, broward, etc?
      "In a bacon-and-egg breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed." - Brian Billick

Be that pig.

Comment

Broward, those instructors are so blunt and hilarious.
        It was the easiest to get to since I just had to take 27 all the way from my relatives house.

Comment

Originally posted by Duo
          Overall wow...driving pains ouch ouch ouch. Is it just me...or does everyone in Florida go 5 under or exactly the speed limit in the PASSING LANE?
          i miss the fact that people honk exactally 3 milliseconds after a light changes green. sometimes i swear people actually honk right before it changes green! or how about the people that honk because i actually stopped at the red light to check for traffic before i made my right turn. gotta love florida traffic!

Comment

Originally posted by Duo
            Swim Test: Jumped in, didn't realize my clothes would soak up so much water, and drowned with my first breath of air All that chlorine made me throw up my McDonalds breakfast too Passed though!
            On the swim test did you havr the option to wear trunks? Or did you have to wear your clothes.
            What department? Broward?

Where are you from in IN? I just moved here from th Muncie/Indy area.

Comment

You had to wear pants, anything that would go down to your ankles and wouldn't fall down while you were swimming, and a T-shirt.
              The tests were at a college in Broward but everything except the physical agility test are good everywhere. Not sure if I want to apply to the BSO or not though.
              I'm up here in the South Bend area of Indiana. I think its like 60 degrees I want to go back to Florida and the 80 degree weather when I left
              Last edited by Duo; 04-15-2007, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Good luck Duo. I leave in three weeks to start the St. Pete Coll. academy. Moving from Indiana. Glad to be leaving this crazy weather.

Comment

As far as crazy weather goes Florida seemed to be the craziest. Indiana is pretty standard and the weather guy usually gets a good ballpark estimate.

Florida is mostly "0% chance of rain tomorrow" and it rains. But it doesn't rain everywhere, its spotty and lasts for either a little bit or a long time.
                  Its just weird...but I'm convinced I'd love hurricanes compared to blizzards.

Comment

Originally posted by Duo
                    As far as crazy weather goes Florida seemed to be the craziest. Indiana is pretty standard and the weather guy usually gets a good ballpark estimate.

Florida is mostly "0% chance of rain tomorrow" and it rains. But it doesn't rain everywhere, its spotty and lasts for either a little bit or a long time.
                    Its just weird...but I'm convinced I'd love hurricanes compared to blizzards.
                    Untill your power shuts off for 4 weeks, and FPL finally realizes they forgot your neighboor hood.

2 seasons ago was bad. Damages were rough! Bless everyone that survived the attacks, homes were lost, dreams were ruined.

I've never been in a blizzard though.
                    WadsonF 10-4's the above statement.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6358 users online. 355 members and 6003 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X