Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• italyn
    replied
    It is funny some departments i felt were really weird how the process worked. One department that stands out in my head, It took me weeks to track down the recruiter, I could not get a strait answer from him ever it took me almost a month to sit down with him to go over my application. I got a call a day after I handed in the application, to set up my oral board, there were 5 people on the board including the recruiter. I answered all the questions to the best of my ability and I though they were all easy. The recruiter walked me out I asked how I did he said great. One question they asked me was “Why did you apply with so many departments and also if we spend the money on you to put you through the process how do we know if you are defiantly going to work for us.” I answered in this way “Each agency I am applying to has something special, they may offer something another agency does not. There were many reasons I applied with this agency. Also I was told to apply to as many agencies also by different recruiters to get my name out there; But I only chose the agencies I could see myself retiring with.”
    But after that board with that agency i did not wanna have anything to do with that agency, One of the guys on the board was 45 mins late and was talking on his cell phone for the first 5 mins when i was in the room when i was introducing myself. (mind you his call was not important he was joking around with his girl friend or somthing, like i love you honey see you tonight i just have to finish this crap here) I called the recruiter once to follow up and he sounded like he was drunk. But first impression is a lasting one.

Leave a comment:

• lauderdalehawk4
    replied
    Originally posted by italyn View Post
    The next academy starts june 18th i think then aug, after that..

http://www.broward.edu/ips/Supportin...d%203-2007.pdf

you can go there also. Good luck with the oral boards!!! stay calm...
    Thanks for the link, yeah I am doing my best the entire process can be a little stressful. I applied to one department back in February and have just recently started making some progress.

Leave a comment:

• italyn
    replied
    The next academy starts june 18th i think then aug, after that..

http://www.broward.edu/ips/Supportin...d%203-2007.pdf

you can go there also. Good luck with the oral boards!!! stay calm...

Leave a comment:

• lauderdalehawk4
    replied
    The waiting game is over!!!! I just got a call this morning!!! I will be in the next academy!!! I am one of the first people they hired for this academy, so i start a couple weeks before the academy to do my paperwork and finger prints. Now I just have to take the agility test again, it ran out this month. But the long process is over. Wow. i am speechless.. i wanna thank my mom, god, my wife, my family, my friends people from officer.com and my dog.. hahaha Well guys/gals thanks again for the help. It was great to have questions answered and different opinions tossed around.

thanks again.
    Congrats Italyn, just wondering if they told you the date of when the next academy starts?

I have my oral boards with a few departments coming up so just trying to get a general time frame.

Leave a comment:

• C.I.HOG
    replied
    Yeah Boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• LCPLPunk
    replied
    Congrats Itayln!! I bet you are ecstatic!

tp and just, I was in the Army from 2000-2004 and on the ground with 4th ID in April of 2003. I was at FOB Arrow which was the FOB about 5 miles from where they caught Saddam. I was not one of the guys who stayed at the FOB. I participated in house raids, patrols, you name it, I did it. :P

Now, I can't say the same for some of my friends. One is a helicopter mechanic, and the other is a civilian vehicle mechanic, both of them barely, if ever left the base. I don't consider them combat veterans.

Sorry for the hijack, just had to clear it up.
    Last edited by LCPLPunk; 05-14-2007, 10:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• italyn
    replied
    process started in december/ january because of the holidays from sitting with the recruiter.

Leave a comment:

• AMunoz2001
    replied
    Congratulations! From start to finish how long was the wait? I start the academy in two weeks in Palm Beach...

Leave a comment:

• italyn
    replied
    The waiting game is over!!!! I just got a call this morning!!! I will be in the next academy!!! I am one of the first people they hired for this academy, so i start a couple weeks before the academy to do my paperwork and finger prints. Now I just have to take the agility test again, it ran out this month. But the long process is over. Wow. i am speechless.. i wanna thank my mom, god, my wife, my family, my friends people from officer.com and my dog.. hahaha Well guys/gals thanks again for the help. It was great to have questions answered and different opinions tossed around.

thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• ftlaudcop
    replied
    wish i could for sure, but all i can tell ya they have a lotta work to do,
    a skelaton crew to do it...........

they are bizzy with.....retirements, deaths, people quitting, and
    1000 non qualified applicants to fill job, civillain or sworn....

i am glad they have enough people in pay-roll to
    get my overtime right.....

Leave a comment:

• italyn
    replied
    The waiting game! Dun dun dun DUUUUUUNNNNN.

Well my BI called me again to let me know to tell my current employer and tell them that i applied for a job with BSO and that they would be giving them a call. My office admin told me they called and she is faxing over a form to them that she filled out and she wished me good luck. So i have not heard anything yet? The BI said just to wait for a call from HR. so i will pray to get a call next week then i guess! Any BSO LEO's have any input on how long it would take to get a call after BI finishes with the final reference?

Leave a comment:

• tp2165
    replied
    Originally posted by justhomp View Post
    Hmm.... and the 'combat veteran' under your username........?
    I am not signalling LCPLPunk out by any means, however, I have heard alot of that since OIF/OEF. IMHO this tile should reflect "active, armed fighting with enemy forces". Just being deployed OCONUS doesn't make one a combat vet. A troop who spent his entire time within the FOB claimed 'combat vet' to me? Again, utmost respect for anyone who is or have served no matter what their job.

Pardon the thread hijack.
    Last edited by tp2165; 05-10-2007, 11:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• lawdog1971
    replied
    well the process is still going for me. Took medical and Drug test.
    Congrats. You are almost there. We need bodies like crazy.

Leave a comment:

• italyn
    replied
    well the process is still going for me. Took medical and Drug test.

Leave a comment:

• JTShooter
    replied
    Originally posted by LCPLPunk View Post
    just, before someone yells at me for my username, i'll let it be known that i am not, nor ever have been a Marine. The name was for an online game i used to play about 12 years ago and i've used it ever since.
    Hmm.... and the 'combat veteran' under your username........?

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3901 users online. 278 members and 3623 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X