Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations! From start to finish how long was the wait? I start the academy in two weeks in Palm Beach...

Comment

process started in december/ january because of the holidays from sitting with the recruiter.
      Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
      Proversb 3:5

Comment

Congrats Itayln!! I bet you are ecstatic!

tp and just, I was in the Army from 2000-2004 and on the ground with 4th ID in April of 2003. I was at FOB Arrow which was the FOB about 5 miles from where they caught Saddam. I was not one of the guys who stayed at the FOB. I participated in house raids, patrols, you name it, I did it. :P

Now, I can't say the same for some of my friends. One is a helicopter mechanic, and the other is a civilian vehicle mechanic, both of them barely, if ever left the base. I don't consider them combat veterans.

Sorry for the hijack, just had to clear it up.
        Last edited by LCPLPunk; 05-14-2007, 10:33 AM.
        "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character...Our great title is AMERICANS." - Thomas Paine

"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Yeah Boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          LET IT RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by italyn View Post
            The waiting game is over!!!! I just got a call this morning!!! I will be in the next academy!!! I am one of the first people they hired for this academy, so i start a couple weeks before the academy to do my paperwork and finger prints. Now I just have to take the agility test again, it ran out this month. But the long process is over. Wow. i am speechless.. i wanna thank my mom, god, my wife, my family, my friends people from officer.com and my dog.. hahaha Well guys/gals thanks again for the help. It was great to have questions answered and different opinions tossed around.

thanks again.
            Congrats Italyn, just wondering if they told you the date of when the next academy starts?

I have my oral boards with a few departments coming up so just trying to get a general time frame.

Comment

The next academy starts june 18th i think then aug, after that..

http://www.broward.edu/ips/Supportin...d%203-2007.pdf

you can go there also. Good luck with the oral boards!!! stay calm...

Comment

Originally posted by italyn View Post
                The next academy starts june 18th i think then aug, after that..

http://www.broward.edu/ips/Supportin...d%203-2007.pdf

you can go there also. Good luck with the oral boards!!! stay calm...
                Thanks for the link, yeah I am doing my best the entire process can be a little stressful. I applied to one department back in February and have just recently started making some progress.

Comment

It is funny some departments i felt were really weird how the process worked. One department that stands out in my head, It took me weeks to track down the recruiter, I could not get a strait answer from him ever it took me almost a month to sit down with him to go over my application. I got a call a day after I handed in the application, to set up my oral board, there were 5 people on the board including the recruiter. I answered all the questions to the best of my ability and I though they were all easy. The recruiter walked me out I asked how I did he said great. One question they asked me was “Why did you apply with so many departments and also if we spend the money on you to put you through the process how do we know if you are defiantly going to work for us.” I answered in this way “Each agency I am applying to has something special, they may offer something another agency does not. There were many reasons I applied with this agency. Also I was told to apply to as many agencies also by different recruiters to get my name out there; But I only chose the agencies I could see myself retiring with.”
                  But after that board with that agency i did not wanna have anything to do with that agency, One of the guys on the board was 45 mins late and was talking on his cell phone for the first 5 mins when i was in the room when i was introducing myself. (mind you his call was not important he was joking around with his girl friend or somthing, like i love you honey see you tonight i just have to finish this crap here) I called the recruiter once to follow up and he sounded like he was drunk. But first impression is a lasting one.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4549 users online. 287 members and 4262 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X