300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think i'll wear a dress shirt, tie and dress pants, but no jacket. :P
    "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character...Our great title is AMERICANS." - Thomas Paine

"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

LCPLPunk,

No Jacket = Mistake
      Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
      Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

Originally posted by LCPLPunk View Post
        I think i'll wear a dress shirt, tie and dress pants, but no jacket. :P

I had the chance to work with a detail officer from the local PD. He happens to rotate with another sergeant on the oral board, and one of the things he would talk about is appearance. He said that they can sum up the person as soon as the walk in by the way they walk, talk, and dress. A person in (matching) suit and tie will win everyday over someone that isn't.
        “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

I was talking about for the Psychological person, not anything else. :P I mean, if i wanted to be as professional as humanly possible i would have worn a suit to the physical abilities test too. :P
          "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character...Our great title is AMERICANS." - Thomas Paine

"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

I was talking about for the Psychological person, not anything else. :P I mean, if i wanted to be as professional as humanly possible i would have worn a suit to the physical abilities test too. :P
            Nah, all you need to look professional during the physical abilities test is your cammies, Marine.

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Speaking of the physical agiltiy test, there was a guy when i took it who had navy seals sweat pants and t-shirt. Bragging to everyone he was in the seals. Then they guy does not finish the swim, and i think he passed the 2 laps on the track but then failed the course. i had to shake my head but it was a site to see. it would have been like al bundy trying out for a pro football team.
              Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
              Proversb 3:5

Comment

just, before someone yells at me for my username, i'll let it be known that i am not, nor ever have been a Marine. The name was for an online game i used to play about 12 years ago and i've used it ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by italyn View Post
                  Speaking of the physical agiltiy test, there was a guy when i took it who had navy seals sweat pants and t-shirt. Bragging to everyone he was in the seals. Then they guy does not finish the swim, and i think he passed the 2 laps on the track but then failed the course. i had to shake my head but it was a site to see. it would have been like al bundy trying out for a pro football team.
                  kinda wish the 450 slob i seen at a shelter had to pass all that,
                  he came from another agency..........
                  " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
                  " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

just, before someone yells at me for my username, i'll let it be known that i am not, nor ever have been a Marine. The name was for an online game i used to play about 12 years ago and i've used it ever since.
                    Hmm.... and the 'combat veteran' under your username........?

Comment

well the process is still going for me. Took medical and Drug test.

Comment

Originally posted by italyn View Post
                        well the process is still going for me. Took medical and Drug test.
                        Congrats. You are almost there. We need bodies like crazy.
                        "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by justhomp View Post
                          Hmm.... and the 'combat veteran' under your username........?
                          I am not signalling LCPLPunk out by any means, however, I have heard alot of that since OIF/OEF. IMHO this tile should reflect "active, armed fighting with enemy forces". Just being deployed OCONUS doesn't make one a combat vet. A troop who spent his entire time within the FOB claimed 'combat vet' to me? Again, utmost respect for anyone who is or have served no matter what their job.

Pardon the thread hijack.
                          Last edited by tp2165; 05-10-2007, 11:13 AM.

Comment

The waiting game! Dun dun dun DUUUUUUNNNNN.

Well my BI called me again to let me know to tell my current employer and tell them that i applied for a job with BSO and that they would be giving them a call. My office admin told me they called and she is faxing over a form to them that she filled out and she wished me good luck. So i have not heard anything yet? The BI said just to wait for a call from HR. so i will pray to get a call next week then i guess! Any BSO LEO's have any input on how long it would take to get a call after BI finishes with the final reference?

Comment

wish i could for sure, but all i can tell ya they have a lotta work to do,
                              a skelaton crew to do it...........

they are bizzy with.....retirements, deaths, people quitting, and
                              1000 non qualified applicants to fill job, civillain or sworn....

i am glad they have enough people in pay-roll to
                              get my overtime right.....
                              " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
                              " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

The waiting game is over!!!! I just got a call this morning!!! I will be in the next academy!!! I am one of the first people they hired for this academy, so i start a couple weeks before the academy to do my paperwork and finger prints. Now I just have to take the agility test again, it ran out this month. But the long process is over. Wow. i am speechless.. i wanna thank my mom, god, my wife, my family, my friends people from officer.com and my dog.. hahaha Well guys/gals thanks again for the help. It was great to have questions answered and different opinions tossed around.

thanks again.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5693 users online. 357 members and 5336 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X