Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSO Process (in process)

Hello all-

I have been reading the forums for a few weeks now. I am in the process with BSO it is going good I guess but is it me or is the process long? I have heard some people went through the whole process in about 2 weeks and others that were taking the psychological with me we were talking and we were joking around about waiting for the phone calls from HR. After my polygraph HR called me like 2 weeks later after I took it.

I have passed the oral board, Polygraph and just took the psychological about a week ago. I felt confident but what do other people think about there experience with sitting down with the psychologist? I got drilled by him because I do not drink nor smoke and have never and never done any drugs. I have always been drug and alcohol free, and I know it is hard for people to believe.

I know the back round is next but how long does the whole process take?

Is there anyone here that is currently working with BSO, going through the process just went through the process? Maybe would have a little more information. I have my conditional offer letter and I am really excited with everything that is going on. Any comments or thoughts would be great.

Thanks again
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
    Proversb 3:5

for some reason if you live in the county it can take up to 6 months
    or longer , don't forget the same people doing your back ground are also
    doing:

road patrol
    jail division
    bailiff's
    all civillian support staff
    b.s.o. vendors....medical/ food etc

b.s.o. never hires enough people to do anything, they are living
    or operating in a era 20 yr's ago, so they have the same amount of
    people doing 10 times the volume of work and during that time may have
    given them a 3% raise.
    " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
    " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

Originally posted by italyn
      Hello all-

I have passed the oral board, Polygraph and just took the psychological about a week ago. I felt confident but what do other people think about there experience with sitting down with the psychologist? I got drilled by him because I do not drink nor smoke and have never and never done any drugs. I have always been drug and alcohol free, and I know it is hard for people to believe.

Thanks again
      I never understood psychologist who do things like that. Obviously you have already been through your background and poly and they have found reason to believe that you were telling the truth when you said you haven't done drugs. Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe the psychologist's job is to make sure you're good enough in the head to do the job, not to question the job of your BI and polygraph examiner.

Comment

Excellent news! BSO started my Back round check!!!! My neighbors just started getting the letters from BSO! One step closer!!! I guess that means I passed the psychology section!!!

Thanks for the replys.

A lady who lives in my condo building is going to school to get her Doctorate in psychology and I was asking her why the Doctors are like that (drilling you and making you feel nervous) and she said it also depends on your test mmpi-2 how and what questions you answered and how you answered them. They will drill you on those questions that are red flag questions. I was told just answer the truth to the questions and you will have no problem and look at the (never, always, sometimes) in the questions. I was also the first one done out of all the other people taking the entire test. I think the other people were trying to pick the “right answers” and I was told that is a big no-no. I was done with the 1 on 1 with the physiologist and people were still taking the test. Only 2 other people were done besides me.

Comment

The psychologist didnt even look at my answers to the 1000something questions before our interview, two totally different things. I guess it depends on the department.

Comment

I just got a call from the BI today and she told me she needs to meet with me to see my papers. So i guess after that is the Psych.

Can u guys give some general questions on the written/verbal part of the Psych? I'm just really curious.
            "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character...Our great title is AMERICANS." - Thomas Paine

"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

The best advice I can give is do not lie. Just answer the questions honestly and it will not take you that long to do the test. I flew through it and there other people that it seemed like they were trying to make themselves look good through the test. So just tell the truth, and I am sure you will be fine, do not look into the questions to much quick answers basic questions.

I was more nervous with the Dr. 1 on 1 and it is normal to be nervous. But just be honest and I am sure you will be fine. When you are talking to the Dr., do not volunteer too much information either. Just stay calm and answer the questions as best you can. They are taught to try to get a lot of reactions from you like anger or make you get really defensive with the questions they ask you. He asked about my family mother, father and what they both do for a living. He then asked about my sisters and my wife same thing what they do for a living do you get a long with them. But THEN He drilled me on a few things like why I moved from Florida if I had a really good job in Boston I quit and I told him “I was young I had a good opportunity to move to sunny Florida and when I left there was a snow storm I did not care for the snow, and I took the chance now that I am older married I would not do anything like that now.” He also asked me why I never did any drugs or never drank I told him “I was very dedicated to my sports in high school and after college played semi-pro football and that drugs and alcohol would interfere with what I wanted, and it just became a part of my personality I just do not drink or do drugs.” Hope I helped out a little bit.

Well I wish you luck!

check this site out it is some FAQ on the MMPI-2 test.
              http://bitching.org/?page_id=25
              Last edited by italyn; 04-14-2007, 07:10 PM. Reason: Forgot some of the post

Comment

Originally posted by italyn
                Hello all-

I have been reading the forums for a few weeks now. I am in the process with BSO it is going good I guess but is it me or is the process long? I have heard some people went through the whole process in about 2 weeks and others that were taking the psychological with me we were talking and we were joking around about waiting for the phone calls from HR. After my polygraph HR called me like 2 weeks later after I took it.

I know the back round is next but how long does the whole process take?

Is there anyone here that is currently working with BSO, going through the process just went through the process? Maybe would have a little more information. I have my conditional offer letter and I am really excited with everything that is going on. Any comments or thoughts would be great.

Thanks again
                One of my swuad members always told me you cant trust someone that doesnt drink. HMMMMMM. lol. Im joking. Good luck.

Comment

All my friends always trusted me i was always the DD. No matter where we went i got to drive so i was trusted for somthing!!! haha I get all the jokes about not drinking.

Comment

I took almost 8 months from application to actual hire for me. What ftlaudcop said is true. BSO has many vacancys that need to be filled. During the housing boom many Deputy's fled up north to buy cheaper houses and get paid less. Do not be afraid to call Human Resources and ask how your application is going. Good luck Italyn! Lots of overtime to be had.
                    LET IT RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

C.I. HOG

Thanks for the info.
                      I think they have started the back round check process. A bunch of my neighbors have received the letter from BSO to fill out the neighbor reference form. They all sent them back the day they received them also.

I get mixed reviews on whether or not to call some people say call HR and others also say not to and just let the process happen. Both are from people who work for BSO already. So I am not sure what to do in this situation. I know the next academy starts in June, June 11th to be exact. So I would think by the time this process is done I will make it into the June academy. That is what I am shooting for.

Also CI HOG do you have any other advice as far as the process? Or the academy?

Thanks

italyn

Comment

I was the kind of applicant that like to know where I am in the hiring process. My HR rep was called Grant if I remember correctly. I called him once every two weeks if I did ot here from him. I was very polite, excused my self for calling, and tried to stike up a little bit of conversation using humor.
                        LET IT RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hay Italyn In the oral Board did you go with a shirt and tie or Suit?
                          And how long was it and what kind of questions they asked?

Originally posted by italyn View Post
                          Excellent news! BSO started my Back round check!!!! My neighbors just started getting the letters from BSO! One step closer!!! I guess that means I passed the psychology section!!!

Thanks for the replys.

A lady who lives in my condo building is going to school to get her Doctorate in psychology and I was asking her why the Doctors are like that (drilling you and making you feel nervous) and she said it also depends on your test mmpi-2 how and what questions you answered and how you answered them. They will drill you on those questions that are red flag questions. I was told just answer the truth to the questions and you will have no problem and look at the (never, always, sometimes) in the questions. I was also the first one done out of all the other people taking the entire test. I think the other people were trying to pick the “right answers” and I was told that is a big no-no. I was done with the 1 on 1 with the physiologist and people were still taking the test. Only 2 other people were done besides me.

Comment

Hello

I did go with a full suit and tie. dress to impress. Most questions are basic life questions. get there 30+ minuites early.

Comment

I would hope suit and ties are worn, i know it's spring break town, but flip flops and a wife beater only after ya get hired.....
                              " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
                              " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5567 users online. 328 members and 5239 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X