X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miami_CJ
    replied
    Originally posted by NavCop22
    Hey CJ arent you up for hire with MDPD??. What happened with that??. Why are you looking at different agencies for??. You are so close to getting hired on with MDPD arent you??. Plus I would add that you really dont want to get hired by Opa-Locka. Thats not really a good place to start off a career. If I were you I would aim elsewhere. Try looking at BSO or even corrections. That will get your foot in the door very easily.

Yeah man, I'm just getting tired of waiting. I just heard that Opa Locka was an agency that doesn't take very long to hire. Just weighing my options.

Leave a comment:

• soflacop
    replied
    I would much rather get paid alot to run traffic in pinecrest and relax instead of humping call to call and getting paid jack for opalocka. shrug.

Leave a comment:

• StudChris
    replied
    No way Stud. Take for example some of the small town sheriffs offices that are in the panhandle. Nothing goes on up there and I mean NOTHING. Also, you have these breakfast club type of places like the one we have down here which is Pinecrest PD. A security guard would see more action rather than being an officer with Pinecrest PD.

LMAO!!!. I remember when I took a ride along with Pinecrest PD. All we ever did was speed enforcement for the whole day. When I asked the officer when was the last time he did an arrest he said " It's been about little over a year". Talk about breakfast club places. LMAO. I've seen more action in a Marine Corp base on friday nights than I would ever see if I worked with Pinecrest PD. LMAO!!!!.
    Well, on the bright side atleast those guys have jobs.

Leave a comment:

• NavCop22
    replied
    Originally posted by StudChris
    Anyone who's green and who's never had ANY LE experience is in for one helluva ride at ANY department they go to.

No way Stud. Take for example some of the small town sheriffs offices that are in the panhandle. Nothing goes on up there and I mean NOTHING. Also, you have these breakfast club type of places like the one we have down here which is Pinecrest PD. A security guard would see more action rather than being an officer with Pinecrest PD.

LMAO!!!. I remember when I took a ride along with Pinecrest PD. All we ever did was speed enforcement for the whole day. When I asked the officer when was the last time he did an arrest he said " It's been about little over a year". Talk about breakfast club places. LMAO. I've seen more action in a Marine Corp base on friday nights than I would ever see if I worked with Pinecrest PD. LMAO!!!!.

Leave a comment:

• StudChris
    replied
    You made alot of good points. You are definetly right about the experience. However, someone whose green and whose never had any military LE experience is in for one hellva ride!!! by starting as a rookie there.

Anyone who's green and who's never had ANY LE experience is in for one helluva ride at ANY department they go to.

Leave a comment:

• NavCop22
    replied
    Originally posted by five0686
    The reason why I said it historic, because the building was registered as a historic place. The city was founded in 1926. And be registered as a historic place has to be over 50 years old. If someone wants to start their career there all power to them, the only thing they will walk with really good experience. When I was in the academy, my class and I, always talked about Opa-Locka. We all agreed that an officer that works in Opa-Locka for every year that he or she works there it equals two in experience.

You made alot of good points. You are definetly right about the experience. However, someone whose green and whose never had any military LE experience is in for one hellva ride!!! by starting as a rookie there.

Leave a comment:

• five0686
    replied
    I dont know, I just dont recommend for anyone starting out either from military LE or just starting out green to start in an agency like that. Also, to tell you the truth. I really dont consider the city hall to be historic. Maybe its because I've seen other city halls that are older. I just dont consider it historic. If it had been 100 years then yeah I would consider it historic. Just my opinion on that.
    The reason why I said it historic, because the building was registered as a historic place. The city was founded in 1926. And be registered as a historic place has to be over 50 years old. If someone wants to start their career there all power to them, the only thing they will walk with really good experience. When I was in the academy, my class and I, always talked about Opa-Locka. We all agreed that an officer that works in Opa-Locka for every year that he or she works there it equals two in experience.

Leave a comment:

• NavCop22
    replied
    I do agree with you about the city, the problem is not with the department. The problem is with city hall, the mayor and his commisioners. They only care about how much money they can make. Also about the rats in city hall, remember that building is over 80 years old and its a historic site. Also the rats are the city mayor and the commision. The new chief is turning the department around. Trust me I witness it first hand.

I dont know, I just dont recommend for anyone starting out either from military LE or just starting out green to start in an agency like that. Also, to tell you the truth. I really dont consider the city hall to be historic. Maybe its because I've seen other city halls that are older. I just dont consider it historic. If it had been 100 years then yeah I would consider it historic. Just my opinion on that.

Leave a comment:

• five0686
    replied
    Well, the problem isnt only with OLPD. The problem is with the whole damn city in general. I read in the newspaper not too long ago that their city hall was infested with rats and that everytime someone would open up a cabinet a rat would jump out. Then you have the whole crisis about how their budgets seem to always get messed up. I have never heard anything at all come from that place that was ever good. I just dont think that for a person just starting out, OLPD would be a good choice. Their a bottom rung agency and there are a dime a dozen agencies that the thread starter could start in rather than OLPD. Everytime when one of my buddies from the service looks for jobs down here I always move them away from OLPD. That just isnt a good dept. But if someone is desperate enough to get into ANY agency then they should knock themselves out with OLPD and agencies like them.
    I do agree with you about the city, the problem is not with the department. The problem is with city hall, the mayor and his commisioners. They only care about how much money they can make. Also about the rats in city hall, remember that building is over 80 years old and its a historic site. Also the rats are the city mayor and the commision. The new chief is turning the department around. Trust me I witness it first hand.

Leave a comment:

• NavCop22
    replied
    Why??????? Have you ever worked for Opa-Locka?? Or you just hearing it from people that don't work there. I know you are going to ask me if I ever worked for them and answer is NO, but worked with them. I know for a fact that most of the officers that work for OLPD are hard working officers. The city has changed alot in the last four years. Give them a chance.

Well, the problem isnt only with OLPD. The problem is with the whole damn city in general. I read in the newspaper not too long ago that their city hall was infested with rats and that everytime someone would open up a cabinet a rat would jump out. Then you have the whole crisis about how their budgets seem to always get messed up. I have never heard anything at all come from that place that was ever good. I just dont think that for a person just starting out, OLPD would be a good choice. Their a bottom rung agency and there are a dime a dozen agencies that the thread starter could start in rather than OLPD. Everytime when one of my buddies from the service looks for jobs down here I always move them away from OLPD. That just isnt a good dept. But if someone is desperate enough to get into ANY agency then they should knock themselves out with OLPD and agencies like them.
    Last edited by NavCop22; 04-13-2007, 08:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Thek9
    replied
    I thought Opa-Locka hired certified only.

T-

Leave a comment:

• five0686
    replied
    Originally posted by StudChris
    Experience is Experience. Opa Locka may not be the best department in the world to work for, but it is good experience in the fact that you'll run into a lot of crap there.
    EXACTLY: EXPERIENCE!

Leave a comment:

• StudChris
    replied
    Experience is Experience. Opa Locka may not be the best department in the world to work for, but it is good experience in the fact that you'll run into a lot of crap there.

Leave a comment:

• five0686
    replied
    Plus I would add that you really dont want to get hired by Opa-Locka. Thats not really a good place to start off a career.
    Why??????? Have you ever worked for Opa-Locka?? Or you just hearing it from people that don't work there. I know you are going to ask me if I ever worked for them and answer is NO, but worked with them. I know for a fact that most of the officers that work for OLPD are hard working officers. The city has changed alot in the last four years. Give them a chance.

Leave a comment:

• NavCop22
    replied
    Originally posted by Miami_CJ
    I'm interested the opening for noncertified policer officer. Information on length of time in hire process and academy would be helpful.

Hey CJ arent you up for hire with MDPD??. What happened with that??. Why are you looking at different agencies for??. You are so close to getting hired on with MDPD arent you??. Plus I would add that you really dont want to get hired by Opa-Locka. Thats not really a good place to start off a career. If I were you I would aim elsewhere. Try looking at BSO or even corrections. That will get your foot in the door very easily.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3788 users online. 199 members and 3589 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X