300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any recruiters from Opa Locka PD

I'm interested the opening for noncertified policer officer. Information on length of time in hire process and academy would be helpful.

Its about 3-6 month and academy is 6 months long.
    sigpicNEVER FORGET!!!

Comment

Thanks for your input five0686.

Comment

why would you go there? they are the lowest paying in the county at about 32k. and they are a bad agency to be working for..

Comment

Originally posted by soflacop
          why would you go there? they are the lowest paying in the county at about 32k. and they are a bad agency to be working for..
          Its 28K in the academy, when you are sworn in its 32K. If are young and you don't have many bills its good place start to your career, after two years you can move on to a bigger and better agency. Opa-Locka Police Department is on the rebound, don't get me wrong the department still need work and money. But its getting better.
          sigpicNEVER FORGET!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Miami_CJ
            I'm interested the opening for noncertified policer officer. Information on length of time in hire process and academy would be helpful.

Hey CJ arent you up for hire with MDPD??. What happened with that??. Why are you looking at different agencies for??. You are so close to getting hired on with MDPD arent you??. Plus I would add that you really dont want to get hired by Opa-Locka. Thats not really a good place to start off a career. If I were you I would aim elsewhere. Try looking at BSO or even corrections. That will get your foot in the door very easily.
            Law Enforcement is a career like none other. You face challenges everyday and you get rewarded in the sametime. Thats why LE work is the best career an individual can ever choose. - Me

Comment

Originally posted by NavCop22
              Plus I would add that you really dont want to get hired by Opa-Locka. Thats not really a good place to start off a career.
              Why??????? Have you ever worked for Opa-Locka?? Or you just hearing it from people that don't work there. I know you are going to ask me if I ever worked for them and answer is NO, but worked with them. I know for a fact that most of the officers that work for OLPD are hard working officers. The city has changed alot in the last four years. Give them a chance.
              sigpicNEVER FORGET!!!

Comment

Experience is Experience. Opa Locka may not be the best department in the world to work for, but it is good experience in the fact that you'll run into a lot of crap there.

Comment

Originally posted by StudChris
                  Experience is Experience. Opa Locka may not be the best department in the world to work for, but it is good experience in the fact that you'll run into a lot of crap there.
                  EXACTLY: EXPERIENCE!
                  sigpicNEVER FORGET!!!

Comment

I thought Opa-Locka hired certified only.

T-
                    Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
                    Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

Originally posted by five0686
                      Why??????? Have you ever worked for Opa-Locka?? Or you just hearing it from people that don't work there. I know you are going to ask me if I ever worked for them and answer is NO, but worked with them. I know for a fact that most of the officers that work for OLPD are hard working officers. The city has changed alot in the last four years. Give them a chance.

Well, the problem isnt only with OLPD. The problem is with the whole damn city in general. I read in the newspaper not too long ago that their city hall was infested with rats and that everytime someone would open up a cabinet a rat would jump out. Then you have the whole crisis about how their budgets seem to always get messed up. I have never heard anything at all come from that place that was ever good. I just dont think that for a person just starting out, OLPD would be a good choice. Their a bottom rung agency and there are a dime a dozen agencies that the thread starter could start in rather than OLPD. Everytime when one of my buddies from the service looks for jobs down here I always move them away from OLPD. That just isnt a good dept. But if someone is desperate enough to get into ANY agency then they should knock themselves out with OLPD and agencies like them.
                      Last edited by NavCop22; 04-13-2007, 08:59 PM.
                      Law Enforcement is a career like none other. You face challenges everyday and you get rewarded in the sametime. Thats why LE work is the best career an individual can ever choose. - Me

Comment

Well, the problem isnt only with OLPD. The problem is with the whole damn city in general. I read in the newspaper not too long ago that their city hall was infested with rats and that everytime someone would open up a cabinet a rat would jump out. Then you have the whole crisis about how their budgets seem to always get messed up. I have never heard anything at all come from that place that was ever good. I just dont think that for a person just starting out, OLPD would be a good choice. Their a bottom rung agency and there are a dime a dozen agencies that the thread starter could start in rather than OLPD. Everytime when one of my buddies from the service looks for jobs down here I always move them away from OLPD. That just isnt a good dept. But if someone is desperate enough to get into ANY agency then they should knock themselves out with OLPD and agencies like them.
                        I do agree with you about the city, the problem is not with the department. The problem is with city hall, the mayor and his commisioners. They only care about how much money they can make. Also about the rats in city hall, remember that building is over 80 years old and its a historic site. Also the rats are the city mayor and the commision. The new chief is turning the department around. Trust me I witness it first hand.
                        sigpicNEVER FORGET!!!

Comment

I do agree with you about the city, the problem is not with the department. The problem is with city hall, the mayor and his commisioners. They only care about how much money they can make. Also about the rats in city hall, remember that building is over 80 years old and its a historic site. Also the rats are the city mayor and the commision. The new chief is turning the department around. Trust me I witness it first hand.

I dont know, I just dont recommend for anyone starting out either from military LE or just starting out green to start in an agency like that. Also, to tell you the truth. I really dont consider the city hall to be historic. Maybe its because I've seen other city halls that are older. I just dont consider it historic. If it had been 100 years then yeah I would consider it historic. Just my opinion on that.

Comment

I dont know, I just dont recommend for anyone starting out either from military LE or just starting out green to start in an agency like that. Also, to tell you the truth. I really dont consider the city hall to be historic. Maybe its because I've seen other city halls that are older. I just dont consider it historic. If it had been 100 years then yeah I would consider it historic. Just my opinion on that.
                            The reason why I said it historic, because the building was registered as a historic place. The city was founded in 1926. And be registered as a historic place has to be over 50 years old. If someone wants to start their career there all power to them, the only thing they will walk with really good experience. When I was in the academy, my class and I, always talked about Opa-Locka. We all agreed that an officer that works in Opa-Locka for every year that he or she works there it equals two in experience.
                            sigpicNEVER FORGET!!!

Comment

The reason why I said it historic, because the building was registered as a historic place. The city was founded in 1926. And be registered as a historic place has to be over 50 years old. If someone wants to start their career there all power to them, the only thing they will walk with really good experience. When I was in the academy, my class and I, always talked about Opa-Locka. We all agreed that an officer that works in Opa-Locka for every year that he or she works there it equals two in experience.

You made alot of good points. You are definetly right about the experience. However, someone whose green and whose never had any military LE experience is in for one hellva ride!!! by starting as a rookie there.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6487 users online. 342 members and 6145 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X