300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miami Gardens Police Hiring Process

I'm starting this thread to be in touch with other applicants during the process. Thanks to all and GOOD LUCK!
    Last edited by five0686; 04-13-2007, 08:53 AM.
    sigpicNEVER FORGET!!!

have you started the process, for sgt or officer

Comment

No, we start on June 11 for certified officer. They are doing SGTs right now.
      sigpicNEVER FORGET!!!

Comment

Iam waiting on an answer now, I interviewed last month for sergeant, told me I would hear something in may, was wondering if anyone before me has heard anything yet.

Comment

How was it? And how you think you did?
          sigpicNEVER FORGET!!!

Comment

I have not heard anything back yet either, tryingtocomeback.

Comment

waiting sucks dosent it buddy?

Comment

yeah, but at least we have a time frame waiting period.

It is such an exciting opportunity, its like a kid waiting for Christmas morning!

Comment

Amen for waiting on xmas. I didn't even know about the june 11th date until you mentioned. I am in the cert officer process waiting for an interview date.

The Maj was going to update the site, but, I haven't seen anything new on there besides the deadline for sending in applications.

Have either of you heard how many applied for the position?

Any info you have on the set up or ANYTHING would be great during this excrutiating wait for our early xmas present.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Lucky
                    Amen for waiting on xmas. I didn't even know about the june 11th date until you mentioned. I am in the cert officer process waiting for an interview date.

The Maj was going to update the site, but, I haven't seen anything new on there besides the deadline for sending in applications.

Have either of you heard how many applied for the position?

Any info you have on the set up or ANYTHING would be great during this excrutiating wait for our early xmas present.
                    The June 11 is when all interviews starts for POs. And look at the time line they setup on the web. The Major posted on the Miami Gardens PD thread, he said about a 1000 applied.

This what he wrote:

I am pleased to report that, not only is there no shortage of applicants, we have scaled back on advertising and cancelled some planned marketing, though we will continue to hold our planned information sessions to provide information to interested candidates. I am currently working on the venue for the April Information Session. I am leaning toward the Palm Beach Convention center and am waiting to hear back from their representatives.

I am quite pleased to report that we have received close to 1,000 applications for our Captains, Sergeants and Certified Police Officer Positions. I don’t know about you, but where I come from, receiving almost 1,000 applications in 2 ¾ months isn’t bad.

Do not let these numbers deter you from applying, as 9 out of 10 individuals will not be successful in the process. If you exceed our standards and feel you want to be a part of our “New Winning Team”, submit your completed application, and the required documents *** soon as possible.

We are currently holding Sergeants Oral interviews and attempting to identify at least 12 of the 23 Sergeants to hire by June 4, 2007, with the others being hired by October 1, 2007.

We are on target to assume policing responsibility by December 1, 2007 and have no plans to extend the Miami-Dade Police Department contract.

In addition to the above listed milestones, we have some great accomplishments to report, like:
                     Delivery of all of our unmarked vehicles
                     Partial delivery of our marked cars to the location that has been selected to affix the graphics, light bars, cages and computers
                     Delivery of all of our brand new Motorola rugged ML-900 in car computers and Gamber-Johnson vehicle mounts
                     Identification of our RMS/CAD/Report writing software
                     Delivery of other technology necessary to implement our network
                     Daily progress associated with the creation of a new police department, including writing of our policies and procedures, job descriptions for civilian positions, and procurement of equipment and firearms.

Out of town applicants can visit the updated Out of Town section of our web site to find valuable information on hotels, rental car companies, cost of living and schools among other subjects http://miamigardenspolice.org/ootapplicants1.htm .

Within the next day or so there will be an update to the www.MiamiGardensPolice.org web site. This update will notify interested candidates of a May 1st 2007 deadline to submit their applications. Though applications will still be accepted until the positions are filled, any applications received after May 1st will not be considered for the initial oral interviews, which will begin on June 11, 2007.

I am pleased to see that sanity has taken root on the Officer.com forum. I appreciate the posters who have conveyed positive and accurate information about our department.

Forgive the delay in posting updated information, as you can guess, I have been a little busy. For any of you, who want to correspond directly with me, feel free to send me an email at [email protected], as I check my emails several times a day?

Thank you,

Major Alfred Lewers Jr.
                    Last edited by five0686; 04-13-2007, 07:41 PM.
                    sigpicNEVER FORGET!!!

Comment

Thanks Five0686,

I had read much of this information, but, some I wasn't aware of. I appreciate it.

Comment

Your Wecome.
                        sigpicNEVER FORGET!!!

Comment

Waiting Patiently!!!

I realize that interviews for patrolman start June 11. Has anyone actually received an interview date for patrolman??? I agree - the wait is excruciating!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Waggs369
                            I realize that interviews for patrolman start June 11. Has anyone actually received an interview date for patrolman??? I agree - the wait is excruciating!!!
                            We will find out next month when we receive our Personal History Questionaire (PHQ) and the date for the oral interview in the mail.
                            sigpicNEVER FORGET!!!

Comment

jayhawk did you get my private message

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5124 users online. 281 members and 4843 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X