300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FHP Academy start date 11/22/18

I was curious if anyone else is scheduled for the Florida Highway Patrol academy on 11/22/2018? Had a few questions about how their process has been handled.

Congratulations, what county you going to?

Comment

I have not been informed yet, but I requested Hillsborough, Pinellas or Manatee

Comment

What is FHP"s process like?

Comment

I thought FHP new policy is they will tell you what county you go to before you start the academy

Comment

They do tell you before academy but I’ve just passed through medical and vision so I’ve got a few more hoops to hop through before academy

Comment

• Msmith77
              Msmith77 commented
              Editing a comment
              How was the vision exam? What does it consist of? Any color vision test?

• Tommygun8186
              Tommygun8186 commented
              Editing a comment
              Msmith77 the vision exam was pretty in depth, I went to a vision place over on Kennedy Blvd in Tampa.. testing for color blindness and multiple other tests with some numbers on Wall that disappeared??

Jediwarrior who do you currently work for? Or are you currently Leo?

Comment

I sent you a PM

Comment

I have just started the process. I submitted my application and took the CJBAT (Passed). I'm transferring my certification from Georgia to Florida. Hopefully, I will be able to get the Florida Cert. before the November lateral class starts. PAT test is August 25th, 2018.

Comment

That’s awesome, where are you taking PAT? If you don’t mind me asking who did you work for in Georgia, state or local?

Comment

Hi, I am 17 I was just wondering if anyone knows if 19-year-olds can actually get hired.

Comment

I would say yes they will hire a 19 year old as long as you meet the other requirements as well. Public contact experience may sound stupid but it helps to have some knowledge of how to interact with complete strangers and especially when they are not real happy with you

Comment

I will be attending the PAT in Orlando on 8-18. Anyone else taking the PAT test there as well?

Comment

• JayGee24
                        JayGee24 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Southwest FL.

Jaygee24 Good luck tmw on your PAT, don’t sweat it you’ll do great

Comment

• JayGee24
                        JayGee24 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Southwest FL

• Tommygun8186
                        Tommygun8186 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I’m not sure where you will go for polygraph from where you live, possibly Lakeland or maybe Miami?

• JayGee24
                        JayGee24 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I’ll let you know when I get my email and where they will have me take it.

• Tommygun8186
                        Tommygun8186 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Good luck with it ... and keep me updated

Well I had my first mandatory meeting with FHP yesterday and completed drug screening and fingerprints, looks like one more mandatory meeting between now and academy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5807 users online. 379 members and 5428 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X