Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SilvaJ
    replied
    No still waiting to be contacted by my BI. I am located in SW Florida in the Tampa Bay area.

Leave a comment:

• Dande11
    commented on 's reply
    Yes. Where do you live by

• bzambo
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, did you?

• Hank52
    replied
    I am excited to be in the background investigation phase. Congratulations to everyone else who is there too. If you did not, I have read in past forums where guys were called back later so all hope isn’t lost. Anyone from North Florida pass the interview in the background phase? Also has any nonsworn been contacted by investigators yet?

Leave a comment:

• Dande11
    replied
    Me 2 . Did you pass the interview??
    Last edited by Dande11; 05-07-2019, 01:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bzambo
    commented on 's reply
    I am! Miami. You?

• Dande11
    replied
    Good morning everyone. Anyone from south Florida??

Leave a comment:

• TJHooker
    replied
    Yes you do get 10 points for military preference. I've been interviewed for top secret clearances by the FBI so I figured this interview would be along those lines. I was wrong. Demeanor and experience aren't really the main goal. The lieutenant literally told me it's more about knowing the general orders and core mission statement since they don't teach that at the Academy. (Doesn't pass the smell test, but I wasn't going to argue.) About three times he told me to go to the website and just look at the core value stuff in the About Us section. So I take it that about sums it up when it comes to advice on how to do better next time. Hopefully that helps anybody who needs to try again zero in on what exactly they're looking for in the interview.

Leave a comment:

• SilvaJ
    replied
    TJHooker you do get some preference points when it comes to military service. Depending on what criteria you meet you can have 15 to 10 points added to your interview, so yes in some capacity it does count. I would say it helped me in my interview as I was able to get 10 points added to my score.

Leave a comment:

• ChucktheTruck
    replied
    I don’t think that the interview has very much to do with memorizing the website. It is more about your demeanor, motivation and character. Read the General Orders section on recruiting to understand the entire scoring process.

Leave a comment:

• TJHooker
    replied
    For anybody still confused by the contradictory "pass but don't pass" email, I think I was finally able to get a straight answer from somebody at the training center. First, getting that email does not mean you're really on a waiting list, since there is a cut off score to meet. Everyone got that email whether they met the score or not. If you call the training center they can give you your score, or you can go online and file a public records request and obtain the interview notes. Getting the interview notes seems like the only way to find out what you need to improve upon..... Second, on a more depressing note, I was told "20 years prior law enforcement or military has no bearing on the interview". The interview wasn't about experience or ability. They're looking to see if you memorized the "about us" section of the website. Just seems a little weird, boot camp is 12 weeks and they give you a manual to memorize in the first week. Apparently in six months of training FWC doesn't have time to go over a web page. Hope that helps....

Leave a comment:

• ChucktheTruck
    replied
    The sworn guys may be getting contacted for positions in the next breakout. Non sworn may wait for a while as there is still plenty of time for the next academy class.

Leave a comment:

• KEYLEO22
    commented on 's reply
    It shouldn’t take long depending on how many ppl the BI has to contact.

• SilvaJ
    replied
    Still waiting for my BI to contact me!

Leave a comment:

• KEYLEO22
    commented on 's reply
    He contacted me by email 1st then he called me.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11171 users online. 459 members and 10712 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X