Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noveske4ever
    replied
    Been about a month now or so but I can finally post.
    Good afternoon everyone, I'm currently in the Background phase as well. Hope everyone felt good about the interviews, and hope everyone is doing all right throughout the waiting game of the rest of the hiring process. I still have not got any contact from my BI. Few questions for anyone out there.

1. Anyone from the Santa Rosa/Escambia County area?
    2. What is the washout rate of academy once selected class starts process?
    3. Anyone know when conditionals go out, after background or psych?

Thanks everyone, and good luck to all of you. Look forward to seeing you guys/gals in October!

Leave a comment:

• bzambo
    commented on 's reply
    Dande11, JuJu_SoFla, either of you two been contacted yet? Since we are all from Miami.

• bzambo
    commented on 's reply
    Ok, good to know im in Miami.

• Hmitchell2190
    commented on 's reply
    Im trying to be as prepared as possible. Id rather workout a ton now and not get hired than wait till the last minute and be the one weighing my class down. Also thanks for all this info!

• ChucktheTruck
    replied
    My class had 27 start ( non sworn). Usually a handful of sworn guys join at breakout. PT is one a day but discipline sessions are more frequent. Figure that you will be doing some exercise 3 times a day for the first few weeks. Nothing on Saturday and Sunday. I was wiped out every evening after chow but some guys did additional work after the first month or so. I did BJJ maybe once during the week and twice on the weekends.

Leave a comment:

• KEYLEO22
    replied
    Has anyone found out how many positions fwc were hiring for? Still curious.

Leave a comment:

• JuJu_SoFla
    commented on 's reply
    Good morning,
    I just discovered this forum, New to the thread. I am also moving forward in the process and a south Florida local (Miami).
    Last edited by JuJu_SoFla; 05-13-2019, 10:51 AM.

• Jehutch9
    commented on 's reply
    Still waiting also, I’m in Jacksonville, probably just depends how busy each BI is.

• Jehutch9
    commented on 's reply
    I’m in Jax! I passed the interview and on to the background but still waiting to hear from our BI. I am also non-sworn.

• bzambo
    replied
    Anyone else still waiting to be contacted as well?

Leave a comment:

• Hmitchell2190
    replied
    Ive been running and working out since i applied back in august. I was told alot of cardio, so ive been working my mile time down along with heavy weight lifting and BJJ. So far i havent lost weight but have built muscle mass! I was actually going to start swimming, ive been told they like to try and drown you lol

Leave a comment:

• Monotonous1
    replied
    That does sound like a bright idea to work out aside from the normal PT like a mix of compound and isolating exercises. I know I'll also be changing up my diet significantly to try to cut out sugars and breads.

Leave a comment:

• SilvaJ
    replied
    Same been working out consistently since I applied for the position. I'm sitting at 215 and kinda want to stay were I'm at. I do plan on doing my own work out if I do get into the academy. Think we will do PT every morning but i think the first few weeks it will be PT throughout the day.

Leave a comment:

• Monotonous1
    replied
    Yea I've been getting ready since last September briefly after I applied and I have come a long way from where I used to be. Dropped from 295 to 270 by the time the PAT test came around. Now im sitting around 259 still going down. Is it just morning PT or is the PT throughout the day?

Leave a comment:

• ChucktheTruck
    replied
    Different topic but is everyone working on a fitness program? We had 3 people who showed up at the academy unable to do a sit up. I kid you not! The morning PT is CrossFit style high intensity workouts. Additionally, every time someone screws up, you will do sprints up and down a hill and push ups, leg lifts, and squats. You have time to get in shape but start now. Also, the swimming is no joke. You will swim in full uniform. Learn to tread water if you don’t know how. Start now!!!!

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7263 users online. 211 members and 7052 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X