Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jehutch9
    commented on 's reply
    Monotonous1 She said she likes to drop on sundays cause that’s typically when people are home

• ChucktheTruck
    replied
    I think that they come on the weekend because it’s easy to catch people at home. Mine came on a Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• Monotonous1
    commented on 's reply
    On a Sunday? interesting

• Jehutch9
    replied
    My BI showed up to my place yesterday to ask neighbors questions then me some final questions. She contacted all my references after that as well.

Leave a comment:

• Monotonous1
    commented on 's reply
    Well, according to my investigator, there is one person who pretty much knows everything about everything regarding hiring and thats some lady up in HQ. I think the numbers are reflected upon non-sworn and sworn officers being hired collectively. I can't say for certain that being hired after being applied numerous times has a direct correlation either. Myself for example, I've been employed with the State for 3 years but I also just prepared for the interview like any person might. I get that veterans preference is important too and this is a highly competitive position. Have you considered your local sheriff or PD? They love military.

• TJHooker
    replied
    am I the only one that's noticing that depending on who you talk to you get different answers? The recruiter, who was useless, told me that they would be feeling about 40 spots. The two people I've talked to at the training center including a lieutenant, told me that that would be impossible, and that the most they've ever accept it at one time was 20. He said it's more like 15 for this hiring process. also apparently for some reason, they make a thing out of not picking people on the first try and apparently if you just keep applying the more times you apply the more credit you get over people applying for the first time. Makes sense. also if I read these responses correctly, someone currently in the academy is saying that people who got picked during the "memorize the website" interview are showing up to the academy unable to do sit ups...... yet there are recently discharged veterans who did not get picked. just an idea, but instead of leaving the application open for 6 months and getting 2000 candidates for 15 openings, maybe only leave it open for two, that way you can get actual officers with actual interview experience to talk to candidates without being overwhelmed for a week. The fact that anybody can pass this interview and then show up to the academy without doing a sit-up proves the process is flawed.

Leave a comment:

• Noveske4ever
    commented on 's reply
    Gotcha, Thanks for the info guys

• Monotonous1
    commented on 's reply
    Yea I agree with Chuck, I think they selected the whole class for Breakout 38? Then later on if they weeded out some people through the other process, I would imagine they would reach out to the ones who didn't quite make the cut after those who were preferenced.

• Monotonous1
    replied
    So out of curiosity, are there any other POC in this round of hiring?

Leave a comment:

• ChucktheTruck
    commented on 's reply
    I think that everyone who makes it to BI will get an offer if they pass the BI and Psych. The scores become moot at that point.

• Noveske4ever
    commented on 's reply
    I'm not quite sure what the cutoff was. I have been told though that interview scores will play a huge part in the end. For example, if they send 60 canditates through the Background and Psych, and all 60 pass. The jobs will be offered from highest scores and down the list. Chances though of every candidate making it through everything are slim. They probably assume based on prior hiring pipelines statistics that certain amount of people will fail out of the Background/Psych.

• bzambo
    commented on 's reply
    I was told it was 85 and above who got sent through backgrounds.

• Monotonous1
    commented on 's reply
    I haven't the slightest inkling. Im sure there was a method to their madness. You made it through to the BI portion?

• Jehutch9
    commented on 's reply
    I heard from a guy during my PAT this year that went through it last year and he said the cutoff last go-round was 75. His score was just barely under that and had a very reliable source on that. I assume it may be similar this year but you never know.

• coonhound05
    replied
    I obviously do not expect anyone to share their interview scores, but does anybody know the cutoff score (roughly) for the people who were selected to move into the BI portion for the first class?

I've heard it was anywhere from 75 and above, to 70 and above, to even upper 60s and above.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6995 users online. 199 members and 6796 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X