• Show
Clear All

• ChucktheTruck
    replied
    We had a 6 week overlap with the class before ours

Leave a comment:

• Florida_girl
    commented on 's reply
    I’ve heard there is an academy in October and in January. Those who don’t make October’s will be put In January

• KEYLEO22
    commented on 's reply
    My recruiter told me something similar. He also said this would be the second time ever doing this if the agency actually decided on doing it.

• Jehutch9
    commented on 's reply
    My BI was saying that might happen just cause they had so many backgrounds to do so she speculated. Wouldn’t be too surprised.

• B_r5495
    replied
    Heard yesterday by 2 different sources that the legislature approved the FWC for more positions and they are hiring for 2 different academy’s this time (60-70) applicants. Has anyone else heard of this?

Leave a comment:

• Jehutch9
    replied
    Does anyone know the time off policies around holidays? As of now we would be in the academy for thanksgiving and Christmas (speaking to non-sworn people). I work for the agency already but didn’t know how it would be in the academy. Anyone know if they give off the Friday after Thanksgiving or Christmas Eve or the day after Christmas. It’s tough that Christmas falls on Wednesday this year, would make it hard to try and get back home to family. I know the typical procedures for time off around holidays but the academy is a special circumstance. If anyone that’s been through during holidays have any info that’d help for future planning.

Leave a comment:

• Monotonous1
    commented on 's reply
    Oh awesome. Still In that mean time, I'll keep working on my pull up. I'm still cutting down body weight and toning up. Thanks for clueing me in.

• ChucktheTruck
    replied
    They have assist bands for pull ups at the academy.

Leave a comment:

• Monotonous1
    commented on 's reply
    The my one enemy, the pull up lol. Thanks for clarifying that for me. I'll keep working at that. I try to do dead hangs and used the assisted pull up machine by dropping the weight resistance so I can gradually do them on my own.

• Mrscathunter
    replied
    most PT sessions in the morning were no longer than 30 minutes, usually no pt on test days. Toe to bars, pull ups, push ups, burpees(omg the burpees), the row machine, lunges, squats, farmer walks, snatch and cleans, wall walks, weighted push ups, dead lifts, kettlebells etc. Its high intensity workouts.

Leave a comment:

• Monotonous1
    commented on 's reply
    Yea I've been pretty chill for the most part. I've heard that trainees have to run hill sprints. Unfortunately Hillsborough, ironically enough, isn't really hilly so Im restricted to tread mills. When you say crossfit, what sort of exercises do instructors expect? Its more so me getting a mental wrap around what may come to be.

• Mrscathunter
    replied
    Hey yall.. I've been pretty quiet through this process and only checking here to see if anyone else heard anything. My only advice is to stop calling and asking when we will hear something, they have a process and are very busy there. No one who is moving to the next phase of this will he left out. I've done this a time or two. Everything is a test, there's only a few key rules. We have an estimated start date so being focusing on your PT, swimming, and find the biggest hill in your neighborhood and start running up and down it. The PT is all crossfit and a few runs thrown in there. When we get in trouble, we go to "the hill". Best of luck to everyone. Yes, when you get a call for the conditional you will be told the county they wish to assign you to, yes it is a long process(believe me, I know), but if it's worth it then it'll be worth the wait.

Leave a comment:

• ChucktheTruck
    replied
    My experience with the staff in Tallahassee has been all positive. Keep in mind that all of our questions have absolutely no effect on the process itself. We get there if and when they say. Better to resign ourselves to the fact that it will be an uncertain amount out time and that we will know things only after they are revealed. I’m feeling kind of Zen today. But seriously, chill out and wait.

Leave a comment:

• KEYLEO22
    commented on 's reply
    Jehutch9 the person I talked to was decent.

• Jehutch9
    commented on 's reply
    KEYLEO22 I bet the training center is so annoyed. I’ve only called twice thru the entire process but when I called the other week with a legitimate question I got some serious attitude for no reason.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11043 users online. 452 members and 10591 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X