Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChucktheTruck
    replied
    The sworn guys may be getting contacted for positions in the next breakout. Non sworn may wait for a while as there is still plenty of time for the next academy class.

Leave a comment:

• KEYLEO22
    commented on 's reply
    It shouldn’t take long depending on how many ppl the BI has to contact.

• SilvaJ
    replied
    Still waiting for my BI to contact me!

Leave a comment:

• KEYLEO22
    commented on 's reply
    He contacted me by email 1st then he called me.

• bzambo
    commented on 's reply
    Nope, how did he/she make contact? Email or phone?

• KEYLEO22
    replied
    I have been contacted by my BI, anyone else?

Leave a comment:

• ChucktheTruck
    replied
    If you guys want to understand more about the selection process (or FWC in general), read the General Orders. They are online and are a detailed description of the rules and regulations of FWC. There is a section on recruiting that explains how candidates are selected. Refer to this document for most of your agency related questions (like “can I live in a different county from where I work?”). Good luck to everyone.

Leave a comment:

• coonhound05
    replied
    Hey to everyone in this thread – I’m a longtime lurker here while going through the FWC application process this year and I finally registered so I could start sharing my thoughts on all of this.

Like a lot of people, I also got the strangely contradictory “congrats on passing the interview, but sorry for not making the cut” letter. I’ve been swamped at my current job the last couple days and won’t get to call the training center until sometime later this week, but I think I have a reasonable theory on what this “runner-up” letter probably means.

(I’m going to emphasize here that the numbers I’m about to use are NOT based on any actual information I have, just rough estimates to stand-in as example numbers. The ONLY exception to this is the number of candidates invited to undergo the panel interview in Tallahassee; I was told in my interview they had about 400 people scheduled for to come in, someone else in this thread said they were told 500, so I’m splitting the difference and saying 450 people went through the panel interview process in April.)

To start everything off, let’s say (again, made up numbers here just for this theory):

- 3,000 people completed the initial application before it closed in November 2018
    - 1,800 applicants were invited to participate in the PAT in January 2019
    - 1,100 applicants successfully completed the PAT and were asked to submit the supplemental application
    - 450 applicants were invited to Tallahassee for the panel interviews

Now I’ve heard a range of numbers for the class size they’re taking for this primary academy class, anywhere between 30-90, so we’ll just split the difference again for this part and say they accepted 60 applicants out of the interview board stage.

So at this point, we’re saying out of the 450 interviewees, they took the 60 highest-scoring candidates from that pool to start the background investigation stage before ultimately offering them official employment.

My theory on this whole thing is that probably everybody, or extremely close to everyone, who went to Tallahassee for the interviews, made this 1st or 2nd cut, and nobody who interviewed received an outright rejection letter (or maybe like 20 people who were just awful in the interview got rejection letters). So after the initial 60 candidates to move on were selected, the remaining people are just making up the back-up pool of candidates, probably ranked by interview score still. Which would also mean that if they do a Spring Academy in 2020 or a few people fail the background investigation in this current group that moved on, that’s good news if you’re the candidate who was ranked 62, 67, or maybe even 85 or 90. If you’re ranked around 350 in the system, you’re very much out of luck this time.

Like I said at the beginning but I just want to say it one last time, I’m ballparking these numbers for the sake of this exercise (except the range of invited interviewees), and this entire thing is not based on any factual information I’ve heard or read, just my theory on how this got settled out for everybody at this point in the process. I have other thoughts on this but I just got off work a couple hours ago and I’m very tired so I’m not even sure how much sense this will all make, but collectively we should learn more in the next couple of weeks anyway.

Leave a comment:

• TJHooker
    replied
    Well I guess it's good to know there's still a chance then.

Leave a comment:

• DConn
    replied
    Has anyone ever gotten this type of letter before from FWC (passed the interview but not selected and app remains open)? I guess it's good to know I "passed" this phase, so maybe there's still hope.

Leave a comment:

• ChucktheTruck
    replied
    I wrote a similar reply a couple of days ago but I went to the academy last year. Originally I was informed that I didn’t make the cut (after the interview). 6 months later I got a call from Tallahassee asking if I was still interested. The process picked up from the background investigation. It took an additional 6 months to start the academy. Several of the guys in the class had similar situations. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• TJHooker
    replied
    Any word if this "waiting list" letter is a legit waiting list or a very nice "thanks but no thanks"? I've never heard of passing but not accepted, and I haven't heard of any flat out denial letters..... Kinda messed up to go through almost a year process to be left hanging without an up or down answer.

Leave a comment:

• Reaper
    replied
    Passed but on waiting list

Leave a comment:

• Matt Baldwin
    replied
    Got mine, passed the interview but I guess I'm on the wait list.

Leave a comment:

• Reaper
    commented on 's reply
    Congrats on moving on

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7922 users online. 373 members and 7549 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X