300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lehigh Acres Florida

Why is there no Police Dept in Lehigh Acres? I have recently moved here and the crime in Lee County is pretty scary coming from a Michigan suburb. Anyone from Lehigh and have any tips of where to go not to go and such?
    "Well behaved women rarely make history"

lee county sheriff provides the police services for that area, from what i hear its pretty safe out that way

Comment

Originally posted by njsurfer
      lee county sheriff provides the police services for that area, from what i hear its pretty safe out that way
      Ugh, you must not live out this way...Just this week there was a home invasion during the day. I drive with a golf club and pepper spray in my car and considering getting a stun gun. I wish there was more of a presence of LE.

Comment

Originally posted by countrygalwrite
        Ugh, you must not live out this way...Just this week there was a home invasion during the day. I drive with a golf club and pepper spray in my car and considering getting a stun gun. I wish there was more of a presence of LE.
        then pay more taxes.
        or contact the S.O. and request more patrols, and/or setup a neighborhood watch.
        "In a bacon-and-egg breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed." - Brian Billick

Be that pig.

Comment

i personally don't see how more of a police presence will stop a home invasion, theres no way to have a police officer / deputy on every street at every time. I'd suggest getting an ADT Burglar alarm, or at least the stickers in the window and the sign on the front lawn, that will defiently deter it. Community safety is a joint effort by both the law enforcement agency and the people of the neighborhood. If the neighborhood won't allow crime to take place in their neighborhood, than it wont.

Comment

Originally posted by njsurfer
            i personally don't see how more of a police presence will stop a home invasion, theres no way to have a police officer / deputy on every street at every time. I'd suggest getting an ADT Burglar alarm, or at least the stickers in the window and the sign on the front lawn, that will defiently deter it. Community safety is a joint effort by both the law enforcement agency and the people of the neighborhood. If the neighborhood won't allow crime to take place in their neighborhood, than it wont.
            Agreed and I have an alarm. The watch is a good idea as well. Lehigh is very spread out and new construction is everywhere, where I am I would be the "watch" because mine is the only home completed on my street and the next. I wish there were more officers patrolling and I am not sure how they would establish a Lehigh PD-they do have Lehigh Fire, I dont mind the taxes if it made us all safer.

Comment

Its possible to start a Lehigh PD. I have NO interest in moving or even thinking about it, I love the west coast, but ive been watching the formation of the Miami Gardens Police Department because its interesting. Its seems the start up costs would be high and you have to go all the way or dont go at all. You cant just hire a few officers and grow every year, you need to jump in at 110%. I'm not too familiar with Lehigh i just moved here myself a few months ago, but i dont know if its big enough to warrant its own department, if the population and tax base would be enough, and i think since it seems to be such a rapidly gorwing area all the money and concentration is being spent on infastructure, roads, schools, utlities, etc, that a police department would be a long way off to think about. Having sheriffs deparmtents do road law enforcement is new to me, but it seems theres really no difference, substations have thie assigned people in their assigned area. I think regardless of who is responsible to lehigh acres its just a new and upcoming area that needs more involvement from all sides.

Comment

Originally posted by countrygalwrite
                Agreed and I have an alarm. The watch is a good idea as well. Lehigh is very spread out and new construction is everywhere, where I am I would be the "watch" because mine is the only home completed on my street and the next. I wish there were more officers patrolling and I am not sure how they would establish a Lehigh PD-they do have Lehigh Fire, I dont mind the taxes if it made us all safer.

If you are a concerned citizen, do what they all do find out who is the cammanding Officer for you district and write a letter informing him or her of your concern. You still live in a County in FL that caters to there citizens. I thank god I dont work in one of those Countys anymore.

Comment

Latin Cop,

If you are saying its wrong for the police to cater to the citizens then you need to get out this profession. Police officers at any and every level are there to "serve and protect" the community.

Comment

Originally posted by ball2117
                    Latin Cop,

If you are saying its wrong for the police to cater to the citizens then you need to get out this profession. Police officers at any and every level are there to "serve and protect" the community.
                    You say that until you get jumped walking down your street, and then later find out that at the exact same time the officer (deputy in your case) covering where you live was 2 neighborhoods away on a barking dog complaint.

Comment

Ah yes....
                      Lee-Hialeah Acres....
                      Stolen dump trucks, chop shops, indoor marijuana grow houses, stolen boats and human smuggling....
                      But the Cafecita is wonderful....
                      God I love it here!!!!
                      Training is Survival..
                      Survival Is Training ...

" Operor non turbo lemma per res "

Comment

I remember 12 years ago when Lee blvd was only a 2 way street..
                        The problem with Lehigh is that back in the days it was a very cheap suburb for folks to live in.. For those who could not afford to live in the cape back in the days they ended up in Lehigh.
                        I had a freind build a brand new house there 7 years ago and it was the only one on the street and man the only thing the crooks did not take was the nails on the wall.
                        Lehigh does not have its own pd because its not incorporated yet..Like the cape.
                        The other problem back in the days was that SR-82 runs from the Dunbar area in Fort myers right into the backwoods of Lehigh so Guess where the crack heads went to steal??

Comment

Lehigh, Bonita, Immokalee, we all got the same problems....
                          Training is Survival..
                          Survival Is Training ...

" Operor non turbo lemma per res "

Comment

Originally posted by DGNR8
                            Lehigh, Bonita, Immokalee, we all got the same problems....
                            Maybe I should just get a roommate who is LE so I have a cruiser parked in my drive to scare away the bad guys.

There is a house being built next door and the workers see my every coming and going unfortunately-its freaking me out. My master bath window also faces that house and though I have blinds the window is not frosted.. I have stopped using that bathroom. I think the biggest problem I have is that I am in the boonies with no nieghbors.
                            Last edited by countrygalwrite; 04-13-2007, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ball2117
                              Latin Cop,

If you havent done the job you dont have a clue. When you work for an agency that has an LEO go and standby while a restaurant throws out the trash at night then you will say ow my god what a waste of my tax dollars. It does get worst in smaller communities.

"Seve and Protect" yes but not servent. Thank god I left that county.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5066 users online. 284 members and 4782 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X