Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central Florida Dept.

Hey Everyone !
    I'm an out of state officer in NY and was looking to move down to Florida in the next coming year. I started looking at all of the central fl depts like windermere, ucf, winter park, winter garden bc thats where I would want to end up but all their websites really don't go into much detail about the benefits, pension and etc. Does anyone on here have any insight on the depts and how they are ran, call volume, etc ?? And yes I know about the EOT so don't tell me i need to get it bc im already in the process lol Thanks !!

Windermere is home to the rich people. Your calls for service might be assisting them with fixing broken grade doors or taking the newspaper to the front door.
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
      Windermere is home to the rich people. Your calls for service might be assisting them with fixing broken grade doors or taking the newspaper to the front door.
      Sounds like a sweet retirement gig. Do they tip well?

Comment

Orlando pd pays the most and I believe their retirement is pretty good... 20 years and out

Comment

Originally posted by WDW1014 View Post
          Hey Everyone !
          I'm an out of state officer in NY and was looking to move down to Florida in the next coming year. I started looking at all of the central fl depts like windermere, ucf, winter park, winter garden bc thats where I would want to end up but all their websites really don't go into much detail about the benefits, pension and etc. Does anyone on here have any insight on the depts and how they are ran, call volume, etc ?? And yes I know about the EOT so don't tell me i need to get it bc im already in the process lol Thanks !!
          windemere is a very rich area and very small department.

Ucf starts low 40’s and has lots of off duty. I’ve also heard you get free eduction. Not many calls

winter park and winter garden start in the low 40k’s, not very busy, and are department with under 100 sworn.

Highest paid are Orlando PD, Apopka, and now Orange County since they got a raise. Orlando and apopka are 20 and out.

Busiest In the area are Orlando, Orange County, Sanford, and a few others

Comment

Got some friends with UCF. Send your email via private and I'll forward it along.

Comment

Lady Lake PD is hiring. Not the highest paid, but good benefits. The Villages is part of Lady Lake if you need a location reference. Several former NYPD there.
              September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

Orange county sheriffs, orlando, lakeland, highlands county, martin county and many others are hiring.
                I’m in academy in central florida and those are guy thats came to my academy to recruit.

Basically from what I see retirement is devided most are FRS and some are private retirement.
                I know lakeland start at $50k or so and have private retirement.
                Orlando as well.
                Orange county and most others are FRS.
                Bad part about FRS is that you have to do 30 years.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3533 users online. 174 members and 3359 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X