300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Palm Beach County Agencies?

Those of you in Palm Beach County, which agencies do you think are the best and worst? I was checking out the Boca & Jupiter PD websites and they seem squared away? Is the SO really busy jumping calls?

Thanks,
    Soflacop

I might not know much but it all depends on what you want. If you want action Riviera Beach or West Palm Beach would be the best to go. If you want to babysit then Palm Beach PD is your choice.

I would say, from what I have looked at, the two you mentioned are squared away. I have friends at JPD and they have nothing but great things to say.

Comment

Boca is a very good agency, good moral. They take care of their officers, full equipment, decent pay and this is a contract year, take home cars, overtime, plenty of off-duty available.

Comment

when i heavily researched when we WERE going to move next year my top 3 were PBSO, Boca Raton, and Jupitor. In Broward it was Coral Springs. Better paying, high praise for each department, and good benefits.

Comment

I'm actually currently filling out the PBPO application. Does anyone have any idea what their hiring is like? That is, if/when I made it to the list phase, how many people do they take? Their list is only good for 6 months then you're off. It sounds fishy. Also, I assume they would take every single certified cop applicant before they took someone they'd have to send to the academy.

I don't know, any info would be helpful.

Comment

I know a few guys at Boca Raton. Seems like a great place to work. Good benefits, pay, and schedule

Comment

Originally posted by Mikis
              I know a few guys at Boca Raton. Seems like a great place to work. Good benefits, pay, and schedule
              How busy is Boca? Is it a retirement job or is there a chance to make some decent arrests?

Comment

People on the outside have their opinions about Boca just because when they hear the name they think it's all rich people and nothing goes on there. That couldn't be further from the truth. Your not going to be running call to call everyday like in some other areas but you'll be busy. Crime is up all over the county and Boca is right there in too. So yeah, you'll be able to make plenty of good arrests.
                Last edited by SJR1709; 04-11-2007, 07:35 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5899 users online. 350 members and 5549 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X