Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCSO Info

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • CCSO Info

    Does anyone have any insight on the Clay County Sheriff's office? I'm pretty familiar with the county now from multiple trips there. What I need to know now from guys that work there or around there is how the department is as a whole, like moral, admin, equipment, etc.. I know every agency has it's issues, and they will be no different so I expect some disenchanted people, but I need reasons for why if you feel one way or the other.

    Thanks
    "Living may not be free, but thank God we are free to live"

  • #2
    Originally posted by eh19512
    Does anyone have any insight on the Clay County Sheriff's office? I'm pretty familiar with the county now from multiple trips there. What I need to know now from guys that work there or around there is how the department is as a whole, like moral, admin, equipment, etc.. I know every agency has it's issues, and they will be no different so I expect some disenchanted people, but I need reasons for why if you feel one way or the other.

    Thanks

    Just one tid bit of advice. If you are not a "local good ole boy" Your chances of getting hired are slim to none. Its not only happned to me but to others as well. Agencies in Florida that are like Clay SO and that are mostly just country tend to only hire "their own" local boys. I know this doesnt apply everywhere but for the most part it happens. Maybe, someone in here can shed some light as to why they are like that or if they have been lucky enough to have been hired like that.
    Law Enforcement is a career like none other. You face challenges everyday and you get rewarded in the sametime. Thats why LE work is the best career an individual can ever choose. - Me

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by NavCop22
      Just one tid bit of advice. If you are not a "local good ole boy" Your chances of getting hired are slim to none. Its not only happned to me but to others as well. Agencies in Florida that are like Clay SO and that are mostly just country tend to only hire "their own" local boys. I know this doesnt apply everywhere but for the most part it happens. Maybe, someone in here can shed some light as to why they are like that or if they have been lucky enough to have been hired like that.

      NavCop22 hit the nail on the head!! After processing w/ them since April of 04, I finally got my DEAR JOHN letter stating that a more qualified applicant/GOOD OLE BOY got the job!! It's a long story in my case involving trying to go the auxillary route to get my foot in the door and turning them down for the aux. position for a paying position with the state. You go figure pay or no pay, DEAL OR NO DEAL!! They got ticked off at me even though I had my patrol app. in first before trying the aux route. The reason I went the aux route, is because my app. was going nowhere for almost 1.5 years. Then all of a sudden they want to process me as an aux. The saying stands true "WHY BUY THE COW WHEN YOU CAN GET THE MILK FOR FREE!! Not this cat!! Let me know if you want to know more info.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by agcop
        NavCop22 hit the nail on the head!! After processing w/ them since April of 04, I finally got my DEAR JOHN letter stating that a more qualified applicant/GOOD OLE BOY got the job!! It's a long story in my case involving trying to go the auxillary route to get my foot in the door and turning them down for the aux. position for a paying position with the state. You go figure pay or no pay, DEAL OR NO DEAL!! They got ticked off at me even though I had my patrol app. in first before trying the aux route. The reason I went the aux route, is because my app. was going nowhere for almost 1.5 years. Then all of a sudden they want to process me as an aux. The saying stands true "WHY BUY THE COW WHEN YOU CAN GET THE MILK FOR FREE!! Not this cat!! Let me know if you want to know more info.


        After a year and a half you got a dear john letter. OMG that is just nuts and beyond belief!!!. I applied at Washington County Sheriffs Office and that was back in Aug of last year. Everytime I called they told me they were getting an interview board set up. They told me I would get called for it since I was the " only" one to apply. Well, a few weeks pass by and I call them again because I had my heart set on that agency. The small town atmosphere always attracted me. Well after all that they told me that they hired someone and that the other board would be for another year. I got so mad because of that. What even weirder is that if you go to their website it says they are hiring. Yet, if you call them and ask they will first ask you if you are a local then afterwards they will say no that they arent hiring. I called them up on that and I asked. I asked them " Are you hiring at this time?" they replied " Are you a local?" I replied " No, but I applied already back in Aug". Then the lady tells me that no they arent hiring and I ask them well then why does your online website say you are. She just said I got misinformation and that they werent hiring. Just goes to show the ignorance and stupidity that still exists in those towns.
        Law Enforcement is a career like none other. You face challenges everyday and you get rewarded in the sametime. Thats why LE work is the best career an individual can ever choose. - Me

        Comment


        • #5
          I think they are starting to or are paying the aux. PO's now there...just what I heard. The reason I asked about CCSO is I was looking into them since Duval wants college(even if you're a moron, as long as you have it, you're all that, to h*ll with experience!) and they are the next closest thing to Jacksonville(called St. John's, they're not hiring). They told me once the app. is in, it's about 2 months to hire.
          I'd hate to be wasting any time where I could be going elsewhere.
          AgCop, were your with the Agricultural division? I forget the name, I refer to them as "The fruit people"(Not disrespectfully...I call myself a Defective in my job...probably more applicable). Just wondering, I had seen that job on People First Hiring, was wondering what'all you do and if it's any fun.
          "Living may not be free, but thank God we are free to live"

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by eh19512
            I think they are starting to or are paying the aux. PO's now there...just what I heard. The reason I asked about CCSO is I was looking into them since Duval wants college(even if you're a moron, as long as you have it, you're all that, to h*ll with experience!) and they are the next closest thing to Jacksonville(called St. John's, they're not hiring). They told me once the app. is in, it's about 2 months to hire.
            I'd hate to be wasting any time where I could be going elsewhere.
            AgCop, were your with the Agricultural division? I forget the name, I refer to them as "The fruit people"(Not disrespectfully...I call myself a Defective in my job...probably more applicable). Just wondering, I had seen that job on People First Hiring, was wondering what'all you do and if it's any fun.
            "THE FRUIT PEOPLE" Who the hell do you think you are calling me the fruit people?? Just kidding LOL. Yes we here it all FRUIT PEOPLE (by some guy name eh19512 lol), POTATO POLICE, WATERMELON WATCHERS, TOMATO TROOPERS..... Yes we do catch a lot of flack, but it doesn't bother me. We just went through accreditation on the 4th, and passed with flying colors!! My suggestion to every hater out there who is looking for a job and still HASN'T ACTIVATED HIS CERTIFICATE, give it a try at least to activate your LEO certificate. I have a bunch of friends from the academy whos cert. is about to expire but dont want to get on with AG. You tell me; get on with AG for a couple of months until you find another LEO position or stay, or go back through the academy for 5 mths again because your EGO is tooooo BIG for AG. I just don't understand it!! BTW We get a ton of off duty through JSO working the banks= ($24/hr), schools= ($26.50 - $28.50/hr), Jacksonville Fair= ($32/hr). How about that for some "FRUIT PEOPLE". Jso is used to seeing us around now and we work just well with them at the schools and the fair. $31,850 is starting pay (a little low) just in off-duty last year $14,250= $46,100 CHA-CHING!!!

            Comment


            • #7
              BTW, St. Johns is hiring!! I have my app. finished and ready to turn in!! One of my friends just left Putnam S.O. for them and it only took him 3 weeks to process. This is an EXCELLENT agency and are jam up with equipment!!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by agcop
                Yes we here it all FRUIT PEOPLE (by some guy name eh19512 lol), POTATO POLICE, WATERMELON WATCHERS, TOMATO TROOPERS..... Yes we do catch a lot of flack,.....
                LOL! Good stuff, AG. In my state they call the park rangers, "Mallard Marshall's". But on the serious side, they went through the same academy as I did, got the same certification as I did, so they're all LEO's to me. Stay safe!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Too funny!! I suppose everyone gets called something, even defectives like me. Actually, AG hasn't been hiring it seems for a couple of years, at least I haven't seen their posts on any sites. I think you have to go through People First's site to apply.
                  I did have a talk though a year or so ago with a guy in Escambia County where they set up a new station(i think). It actually did sound like fun, it wasn't just inspecting "fruit" but they were getting a lot of illegals, and some drug stashes. They also have investigators too I think...right?
                  My cert expires in january, so I need to get in somewhere. I spent 2 years waiting on the FDLE pool, and they sent me a letter saying the pool expired, and I had to re-apply, which I did. Then they told me I wasn't qualified. They changed all their educational requirements, and experience didn't count in lieu of a degree, even 17 years worth. What a waste of time. When I first put in the app, went through all their tests I asked the assessor if I had a good chance of getting hired. His answer was, "I wouldn't be wasting my time on you now if you weren't". Haven't a clue what happened.
                  Now St. John's told me they weren't hiring just last week....when did you apply?
                  "Living may not be free, but thank God we are free to live"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by eh19512
                    Too funny!! I suppose everyone gets called something, even defectives like me. Actually, AG hasn't been hiring it seems for a couple of years, at least I haven't seen their posts on any sites. I think you have to go through People First's site to apply.
                    I did have a talk though a year or so ago with a guy in Escambia County where they set up a new station(i think). It actually did sound like fun, it wasn't just inspecting "fruit" but they were getting a lot of illegals, and some drug stashes. They also have investigators too I think...right?
                    My cert expires in january, so I need to get in somewhere. I spent 2 years waiting on the FDLE pool, and they sent me a letter saying the pool expired, and I had to re-apply, which I did. Then they told me I wasn't qualified. They changed all their educational requirements, and experience didn't count in lieu of a degree, even 17 years worth. What a waste of time. When I first put in the app, went through all their tests I asked the assessor if I had a good chance of getting hired. His answer was, "I wouldn't be wasting my time on you now if you weren't". Haven't a clue what happened.
                    Now St. John's told me they weren't hiring just last week....when did you apply?
                    I haven't turned my app. yet, but eventually I will. Right now I'm enjoying all this off-duty (have some accrued academy bills!!). Yes we do have a brand new station out there in Pensacola and they seem to be doing well out there with many violations ranging from illegals to "Hey what do you know" DRUG BUST!! I was recently sent to a drug interdiction course in Tallahassee sponsered by DOT for 3 days and this thing was GOOD!! Met a couple of guys from Escambia S.O., Pensacola P.D. (NARCS). We do a wide arrange of things from yes fruit & vegetable violations to illegals to drug finds to traffic arrest resulting from bypassing our stations and finding out they are DWLSR. In our agency it is a 2nd degree mis. to bypass one of the stations w/o being inspected which is also arrestable. Only agency in the state that search a semi-trailer or rental truck or a box trk w/o obtaining TRADITIONAL PROBABLE CAUSE!! How about them apples!! or should I say tomatoes or watermelons or illegals or oranges or cucumbers........ You would think being AG cops that our badge would be the one that FHP has with the huge orange!! LOL Take Care!!

                    Comment

                    MR300x250 Tablet

                    Collapse

                    What's Going On

                    Collapse

                    There are currently 2087 users online. 142 members and 1945 guests.

                    Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                    Welcome Ad

                    Collapse
                    Working...
                    X