300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is Orlando PD?

I am on my way to florida in about 2 weeks to take the written exam for the orlando pd. I just want to know every and anything about them being that i am from NY and know nothing about how things are there. Dont get me wrong, I have visited there, but visiting is different than actually living there. Is there alot of crime? What are the hours like? is the pay good as well as health benefits? simple things like this I would like to know for those of you already on the force.

Also will the test , and polygraph be tough for me?

They work 12 hour shifts, with every other Fri, Sat, Sun off.

Their pay is good

I know Orlando had a high murder rate last year.

The traffic in Orlando is beyond awful

Comment

Your best bet would be to schedule a ride a long with one of the officers down here. That way you have the opportunity to see first hand what is happening crime wise in orlando and also the ability to ask questions of the officer about benefits, pay etc. I do know that they have a very good medical retirement for injured officers. Their starting pay is also higher than OCSO. It says on their website that ride alongs are limited to people involved in "police education programs", maybe you apply. Give them a call at 407-246-2470. If they won't let you ride, Orange County Sheriff's Office has no such policy and you would have no problem setting up a ride along here.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3120 users online. 165 members and 2955 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X