Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expedited EOT courses?

Good morning all,

I am an out of state police officer now actively looking to make the move to FL if I don't transfer up in these northern parts soon. I apologize in advance if this question has already been asked:

I looked and noticed Chipola College condenses the EOT into only 5 days, I was wondering if there are any other places who do the same as well as my ability to take time off is incredibly difficult at best.

Secondly, If I am to take the course I would like to study prior for the course and the exam so I am ahead of the game. What specifically should I look at and study?

I appreciate your help in advance. Perhaps palm trees await me.

I'm from Detroit and moved to FL... I took the EOT course in St John's County at SJR ...it was 2 weeks long at 11 hours per day (the one hour lunch don't count)....what the EOT course consists of is

Day 1: Monday: classroom stuff reading over questions and answer that might be on state test.

Day 2: Tuesday: GUN range...they don't teach u how to shoot but you have to qualify...must pass 4 times out of 6 ...if u don't u pass u are [email protected]

Day 3: wednsdayriving range ...they show u how to do the test then must pass 4 out of 6...if not...well u know....lol

Day 4: thursdayefensive tactics...show u how to do it ...must show u can do it

Don't go Fri Sat and Sun

Day 5-7:...all classroom...go over stuff that shows up on the state test

Once you finish the course you can take the state test....if u fail 3 times you would have to do a full academy....test cost about 100 bucks each...I took it twice...missed it by a 2-3 questions the first time....good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Detroitcop View Post
      I'm from Detroit and moved to FL... I took the EOT course in St John's County at SJR ...it was 2 weeks long at 11 hours per day (the one hour lunch don't count)....what the EOT course consists of is

Day 1: Monday: classroom stuff reading over questions and answer that might be on state test.

Day 2: Tuesday: GUN range...they don't teach u how to shoot but you have to qualify...must pass 4 times out of 6 ...if u don't u pass u are [email protected]

Day 3: wednsdayriving range ...they show u how to do the test then must pass 4 out of 6...if not...well u know....lol

Day 4: thursdayefensive tactics...show u how to do it ...must show u can do it

Don't go Fri Sat and Sun

Day 5-7:...all classroom...go over stuff that shows up on the state test

Once you finish the course you can take the state test....if u fail 3 times you would have to do a full academy....test cost about 100 bucks each...I took it twice...missed it by a 2-3 questions the first time....good luck
      Thanks man, is there a book I can study prior to even taking the course so i'd be a step ahead for the exam?

Comment

No book needed....they are going to go over the stuff you will need to know

Comment

If you’re ability to take off time is difficult at best than why look anywhere else that takes more than five days? I did Chipola College and it worked out just fine. Flew in Sunday, flew back home Friday. No need to pay the extra money for study hall. You’re a grown man or woman so you just get the books they give you and study on your own time. I flew back three weeks later for the state test and passed. Boom done. Became certifiable and ready to apply.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Top_Recruit View Post
            If you’re ability to take off time is difficult at best than why look anywhere else that takes more than five days? I did Chipola College and it worked out just fine. Flew in Sunday, flew back home Friday. No need to pay the extra money for study hall. You’re a grown man or woman so you just get the books they give you and study on your own time. I flew back three weeks later for the state test and passed. Boom done. Became certifiable and ready to apply.

Good luck.
            Study hall? I'm just asking which books are used in the class so I can do my reading prior.

Comment

Originally posted by Patriot91 View Post

Study hall? I'm just asking which books are used in the class so I can do my reading prior.
              What I mean by study hall is the two week courses others are advocating for where the first week is the same (just qualifying or showing proficiency in the high liability disciplines) and the second week is a study or teaching session reviewing the books and content (i.e. study hall). What I’m saying is you can read the books on your own and save the time and money. I couldn’t take a second week off in a row when I did it so I did the one week course, got the books they gave me, studied on my own, and took the state test. Whatever course you go to should provide the books as part of the tuition. Ask ahead of time because if you buy the books before you may be stuck buying them again through the course tuition. I don’t remember it being a separate charge but I could be wrong.
              Last edited by Top_Recruit; 03-30-2018, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Top_Recruit View Post

What I mean by study hall is the two week courses others are advocating for where the first week is the same (just qualifying or showing proficiency in the high liability disciplines) and the second week is a study or teaching session reviewing the books and content (i.e. study hall). What I’m saying is you can read the books on your own and save the time and money. I couldn’t take a second week off in a row when I did it so I did the one week course, got the books they gave me, studied on my own, and took the state test. Whatever course you go to should provide the books as part of the tuition. Ask ahead of time because if you buy the books before you may be stuck buying them again through the course tuition. I don’t remember it being a separate charge but I could be wrong.
                Thanks for the info!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3302 users online. 161 members and 3141 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X