• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out Miami PD in action

If everything else fails just go with what you know... the old trusty
    sleeper-choke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux_0Ob8FWfY

I seriously love when videos like that are posted on YouTube. It's the one place where 95% of the people who comment tell it like it is, aka "That wasn't brutality, he shouldn't have been resisting".
    Definately a far cry from looking at the comments on the local newspaper online where 95% of the people have their heads shoved up their... well you know.

Comment

Damn none of those fools helped the officer ? I guess thats how it is huh.... you dont want to get n e one else involved i assume.....

FBAT- Passed
      PAT- Passed
      Conditional Offer- June-21-2007
      Polygraph- Pending Results
      Background- N/A
      Psycholgical- N/A
      Medical/Visual- N/A
      Oral Interview- N/A

Comment

Originally posted by FLPD698
        If everything else fails just go with what you know... the old trusty
        sleeper-choke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux_0Ob8FWfY
        You may want to start calling that something other than a choke, like LVNR. Choke sounds really bad in court.

Comment

Current LEO what would you have done. Keep in mind you are in Miami out of youre normal county and jurisdiction. The Ofc. is not in danger and he seems to have the sus in control what would you do. I almost went to ultrafest but I had to work.

I would just interfere if someone else interfere or the Ofc lost control.

Comment

That was reasonable force used to attempt to get the suspect into custody. I think this officer had several chances to place cuffs on the drunk on several different times, and did not. I think with one more officer it would of been all right. Who knows, but seems like this drunk did not fight to hard!

Comment

Originally posted by luckydog
              You may want to start calling that something other than a choke, like LVNR. Choke sounds really bad in court.
              Ahhh....yeah! It is kinda like a joke...like my old Army drill used to say, "If everythings else fails; go for the sleeper hold". I've been in court too many times, trust me I know the lingo already.

Comment

Luckydog,
                Are they teaching the Lateral Vascular Neck Restraint in FL?

Actually "choke" sounds really good in court, i.e. "He was choking the s**t out of me until the cops showed up"
                Last edited by tp2165; 04-04-2007, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pp48n
                  "Cop beating the crap out of some guy. I am sure the guy was on drugs, maybe even dealing drugs. Still doesnt warrant the cop beating him sensless. This clip is only the middle of the fight. I didnt have my phone ready and I stopped right as the crowd started to react to the violence " (from poster on youtube)

That guy's lucky that the cop got didnt get his baton out and really put it to him. The Ofc. was within policy if he did.

Comment

Originally posted by tp2165
                    Are they teaching the Lateral Vascular Neck Restraint in FL?
                    Not under CMS, no longer taught, but traditional academies still teach the technique.

Comment

Originally posted by FLPD698
                      Not under CMS, no longer taught, but traditional academies still teach the technique.
                      However, those recruits in the academy that have a fighting background (such as ju-jitsu... or however it's spelled), make sure that the rest of the recruits know how to do it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6512 users online. 363 members and 6149 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X