300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any FL agencies hiring non-certified?

Alright guys, I'm putting in application everywhere, but no luck!

I've been turned down by BSO and Ft Laud, and have pending applications with CCSO, Lauderhill, and MDPD.

I'm looking for advice from someone within an agency who can point me in the right direction. As most of you know, filling out the applications is a LONG process and getting some of the documentation that is needed is difficult and varies from agency to agency.
    I'm not being picky as to where I go and I'm willing to go anywhere within the state. All I want is to get my foot in the door and be sponsored. I'm a hard worker and have excellent work ethics. Any information is appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Almost every agency is south florida sponsors. Do you know why you were turned down by the departments you listed? That information will help and giving you better advice in the direction you should go. Good luck to you.

Comment

What about Orange County or Seminole County Sheriff's offices?

I know Orange County needs Deputies..
      "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character...Our great title is AMERICANS." - Thomas Paine

"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Orange County will be the place to go after Beary is gone and Tegg gets in. I almost went to OCSO before we moved back here to PA, but damn I couldnt and wasnt willing to work for 32k a year and run my butt off all shift. Great deputies tho, awesome. Too bad Beary fuq'd it all up.

Comment

Here is the deal, my driving past is bad. I have two misdemeanor's. One in 01 and one in 02. One of them being reckless driving and the other one being racing on the hwy. From that point on, I didn't get a ticket till 05 and have received 4 since 05.

I know it's bad and it's a huge liability. I'm just hoping there is an agency out there willing to look past that because they're hurting for applicants.

Comment

Originally posted by riz
            Here is the deal, my driving past is bad. I have two misdemeanor's. One in 01 and one in 02. One of them being reckless driving and the other one being racing on the hwy. From that point on, I didn't get a ticket till 05 and have received 4 since 05.

I know it's bad and it's a huge liability. I'm just hoping there is an agency out there willing to look past that because they're hurting for applicants.
            Nope, your not getting hired on anywhere... for a long while. Sorry bro.

Comment

I'm not sure about not getting hired anywhere, but I will say that I had a bit of trouble with my record and that didn't include any misdemeanors and the bulk of my tickets were 10+ years ago. So good luck bro.

Comment

Pretty anywhere in South West Florida will sponsor you as long as you meet the reqs. PM if you want info on certain agencies.....

Comment

He aint gonna get hired with a driving record like that, he has criminal traffic violations on his record and all those infractions.. not gonna happen for a while. What he might could do is do a lil volunteer work and maybe get in as a dispatcher somewhere and work his way up and mind the traffic laws.

Comment

the only place that may take him is the fla dept of corrections,
                    as a corrections officer, for being a police officer it will be a ' dream ' which
                    is not obtainable.
                    " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
                    " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

Oooooooh.....I didn't see that one about the driving. You may have some trouble getting hired. I have only one very minor traffic violation, and it came up in my BI. I wish I had something better to tell you. The recklass driving is not good to have on your record when you're trying to be a LEO.

Comment

If I were in that situation I would try to get hired by a Sheriff Office as corrections, then later down the road try to move to patrol. You'll have good experience under your belt, and you'll already have some time under the state retirement system.

Comment

Yea, I understand that... things aren't looking good

Comment

I think FLACOP had a really good idea of trying out for corrections or dispatcher. Its worth a try

Comment

Originally posted by riz
                              Yea, I understand that... things aren't looking good
                              Don't look at it that way. You can still get a job in law enforcement with your record. In fact you can probably even get a sworn job in law enforcement, it will just be in corrections instead of the road. It could be experience that, if you ever do become a patrol deputy or officer, you'll be happy you had.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5936 users online. 355 members and 5581 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X