Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should all Law Enforcement Dispatch be from Local Sheriff's Office?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should all Law Enforcement Dispatch be from Local Sheriff's Office?

I have seriously pondered this question for a long while, that is have all law enforcement dispatching come from one room. For instance, I work in St. Johns County, although we arent the largest agency, I believe all 911 / LEO calls should be received in one communication center. The call taker gives it to the respective dispatcher to whatever agency, in the same room.

Florida Highway Patrol has the regional dispatching (Dispatching from one location, which could mean two or three counties away), with the dispathers not knowing the territory or dispatchers arguing over the phone. Also, to have a municipal police department be in the same room, for better communication and commadre.

I have talked to several buddies of mine in FHP, and I believe they like the idea too! I like to believe this idea would be more benefital to all the Officer, deputies, troopers, and game wardens, in officer safety.

I would definately like to hear your responses!

my agency dispatchs for almost the entire county,
    a lotta things they do good mind you, and thank god we have
    teletypes built into the car's lap top, i would give my agency a

7 star rating outta 10, could be way better

plus it's a thankless burn out job and they should get way more money
    for that job, what ever the hourly rate is plus a additional $2 a hour,
    and a 3 to 1 401k plan as a incentive.
    " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
    " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

A centralized communication dispatch would be ideal and more practical in order to get the service calls faster but some agencies want their own dispatching capabilities. Fort Lauderdale uses the county for dispatch but many others don’t. Unless the dispatcher is a former cop it doesn’t matter where they are. They can’t see what’s going on or have any training on police techniques. Your 20 is mostly based on you supplying landmarks besides addresses for other officers to get there faster. They’ll sent you into a lion’s den many times as they don’t care or don’t know any better. Many think they can order officers around or make decision for them.

I do agree though that it is a an underpaid, thankless & burnout job. Some do try their best but you have a lot of a-hole cops that have no patience for tired or rookie dispatchers. I always say thanks after all my 26s as some do deserve them.

Comment

Originally posted by chfwighim
        I have seriously pondered this question for a long while, that is have all law enforcement dispatching come from one room. For instance, I work in St. Johns County, although we arent the largest agency, I believe all 911 / LEO calls should be received in one communication center. The call taker gives it to the respective dispatcher to whatever agency, in the same room.

Florida Highway Patrol has the regional dispatching (Dispatching from one location, which could mean two or three counties away), with the dispathers not knowing the territory or dispatchers arguing over the phone. Also, to have a municipal police department be in the same room, for better communication and commadre.

I have talked to several buddies of mine in FHP, and I believe they like the idea too! I like to believe this idea would be more benefital to all the Officer, deputies, troopers, and game wardens, in officer safety.

I would definately like to hear your responses!
        This sounds like something that should be in the form of a poll, perhaps? Are you posing this thread as a possible recommendation for your department? If so, poll it. Then present your results and suggestions/recommendations to your chief. I have no doubt that you'll receive some excellent feedback on this site.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2835 users online. 162 members and 2673 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X