300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collier County S.O.

Does anyone here work for Collier County? And if so, could you give me any information about working there? Like if they are recruiting heavily right now, morale, off duty details, etc? Thanks a lot!

Originally posted by skibum81
    Does anyone here work for Collier County? And if so, could you give me any information about working there? Like if they are recruiting heavily right now, morale, off duty details, etc? Thanks a lot!

I worked for them for a while. I could tell you that yeah they are recruiting heavily now but I wouldnt recommend applying there. They would most likely start you off in the jail and then move you on the road whenever they felt like it. Even though there is a "waiting" list but that goes soley on what the Sheriff says. It's good pay but as for the real estate its another story. I personally feel that the pay doesnt go well with the real estate market. Collier SO is a good department and all but its way too political. Sheriff Don Hunter is more of a politician than a cheif LEO. Thats the way things were when I worked there back in 04 but hey if you really like them go ahead. However, dont say I didnt warn you about the real estate market.
    Law Enforcement is a career like none other. You face challenges everyday and you get rewarded in the sametime. Thats why LE work is the best career an individual can ever choose. - Me

Comment

Do you think they would stick me in the jail eventhough I am LEO certified with raod experience?

Comment

Do you think they would stick me in the jail eventhough I am LEO certified with raod experience?

Yes, they would in a heartbeat. I have no idea why the hell they do that but you are not the first LEO with experience who has applied only to end up in the jail. When I was hired and at the new employee orientation which lasts all day I met SEVERAL LEOs who were both FL certified and certified in another state. They ended up in the jail along with me. One guy was certified from NJ and had FL certification too. He had 7 yrs of road experience and he ended up in my acadamy class for CO training for the jail. I'm telling you if you like CCSO and dont mind working at the jail first go for it. However, if you want to be on the road look elsewhere.
        Law Enforcement is a career like none other. You face challenges everyday and you get rewarded in the sametime. Thats why LE work is the best career an individual can ever choose. - Me

Comment

If you are certified LEO (Florida or out of state), with 2 or more years experience, you won't go to the jail. Collier is recruiting for patrol heavy.
          Patrol is very short, and needs all the qualified people they can get..

I have seen prior LEO's go to the jail, a few I know had some "questions" from their background, which needed explaination. So they went to corrections until the problem(s) were corrected.

The housing market did take a climb for the past couple years, but is coming down as fast.
          Most were selling in the high 400K, are now in the low 300K...

Condos are a dime a dozen, and some brand new ones are in the high 100K's to mid 200K's.

Not any higher than other areas of florida.

PM me for any additional....
          Training is Survival..
          Survival Is Training ...

" Operor non turbo lemma per res "

Comment

Originally posted by DGNR8
            If you are certified LEO (Florida or out of state), with 2 or more years experience, you won't go to the jail. Collier is recruiting for patrol heavy.
            Patrol is very short, and needs all the qualified people they can get..

I have seen prior LEO's go to the jail, a few I know had some "questions" from their background, which needed explaination. So they went to corrections until the problem(s) were corrected.

The housing market did take a climb for the past couple years, but is coming down as fast.
            Most were selling in the high 400K, are now in the low 300K...

Condos are a dime a dozen, and some brand new ones are in the high 100K's to mid 200K's.

Not any higher than other areas of florida.

PM me for any additional....

Back when I worked at CCSO in 04. They had several LEOs with 7+ years of experience being shoved into being in the jail. They were Florida certified and certified in other states as well. They would complain and bitch non stop while at the academy just because of it which frankly I didnt blame them. CCSO does look at some trival things that are just so ridiculous to even look at twice in some of the applicants backgrounds when they are intrested in being on the road. I remember this one guy who was hired from NJ. They told him that he would get road only after signing his offer it said for CO instead of LEO. CCSO is way too political of a department and I know its because of the rich in Naples that makes it that way. If it werent for the rich making it that way that department would be one kick *** department but the wealthy keep them in their pocket which is the main problem.

As for Skibum I would recommend applying at Ft Myers PD. They are hiring like crazy and arent as political. Also, one thing that you have to remember. Working at a sheriffs office like CCSO you work at the pleasure of the sheriff. Which means that if he doesnt like the shoes your wearing or your haircut you are out of a job. Especially how political CCSO is I would recommend looking elsewhere. I remember how that tid bit " you work at the pleasure of the sheriff" was drilled into me and others throughout our pre-academy training.

Comment

Trust me Fort Myers is as political as any other agency

Comment

Trust me Fort Myers is as political as any other agency

Yeah, but look at it this way. The cheif LEO of the Ft Myers PD isnt elected. Don hunter gets elected and always by his base which tends to be the rich in Naples.

Comment

Collier SO is one of the best agencies in Florida. Dont let anyone tell you different. I have been working there for a few years now. I had two years prior road experience, a bachelors degree and no "questions" in my background and I got right onto the road. Most people that start in the jail do have some kind of problem that holds off their road patrol career right away. In due time I have seen everyone that ever wanted to get onto the road get there. If not then they are not fit to be a road deputy in the eyes of the Sheriff.

As for Don Hunter so far he has given us everything we want and then some. He is a great sheriff and elected or not he does work FOR us and not against us....like some cheifs do.

Comment

you guys in florida should be happy getting a job offer even if its in the jail. Here in Wisconsin to land a job in law enforcement its like winning the lottery. Plus most of the sheriff department are small the chances of getting a road patrol job will be slim to none. Take what they give you then apply for the road later on. Plus yous get pay the same right. So whats the big deal.

Comment

I 2nd that emotion

I think the main trouble is under a sheriff is the academy certification,

2 separate corrections and police, while most people don't mind

doing their time in the jail if the eventual outcome is the real deal.

maybe one day this state and other states willbe more progressive,

after 9-11-2001, you would think everyone associated with law enforcement

would have more limited power, after a while a lot get disgusted on

who goes to the road and who don't.
                      " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
                      " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

I think the main thing we're learning here is every department, no matter how good or bad, is going to have someone that has beef with them.

Comment

I guess some people would bitch if they were hung with a new silk rope!!!!
                          Training is Survival..
                          Survival Is Training ...

" Operor non turbo lemma per res "

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4590 users online. 253 members and 4337 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X