Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, out of curiosity, I know the cost of housing was mentioned earlier... but what is the reality of a single person actually living "well" (ie. not paycheck-to-paycheck) in that area? I'm a 25 year old female, Florida certified, moved to NC a year ago (but my certification is still good for a few years right?). I'm just curious now if I should be tempted by this or if I'd be struggling to get by on that salary in that area as well.

Comment

• Cost of Living? I work for an agency in Seminole County, just north of Orlando, where the cost of living is a bit higher than over in lake county. In my first year I was able to purchase condo, have a good time on days off, and still put some money in the bank; so it certainly is possible. Many of you keep mentioning hireing freezes....many agencies are under them, but we are not and still actively recruiting.
      Facts are meaningless, they can be used to prove anything.

Stay Safe

Comment

• You can make it ....just make wise choices.

Originally posted by Larry's Angel View Post
        So, out of curiosity, I know the cost of housing was mentioned earlier... but what is the reality of a single person actually living "well" (ie. not paycheck-to-paycheck) in that area? I'm a 25 year old female, Florida certified, moved to NC a year ago (but my certification is still good for a few years right?). I'm just curious now if I should be tempted by this or if I'd be struggling to get by on that salary in that area as well.
        Hello L.A. I think if you make the appropriate educated choices, I.E: no high car payment, non-extravagant housing...etc....you'd be just fine. Knowing how much you make, and budgeting properly will allow you to make out fine. It just all depends in the type of lifestyle you are currently accustomed to living. Plus, if you make an extra effort to find housing where the landlord is willing to give you an 'officer discount'. That is where you agree to handle issues with residents in your community, in exchange for either a discounted rate, or completely free rent. Many local builders actually offer individuals in the field of education, nursing and law enforcement additional incentives such as a builder discounts or special financing. GOOD LUCK!

Comment

• still hiring?? pm sent to LakeLaw

Comment

• Sorry....we Have No Positions Left.

Originally posted by DS5529 View Post
            still hiring?? pm sent to LakeLaw
            Hello DS5529, received your message....and responded. I am sorry to say for those of you job seeking....we do NOT have any openings. As you all know, even agencies that had been looking to hire, are all holding their breath until the final word comes down about the tax situation. As for Tavares, we were to have one position for October, but that was filled. I appreciate your interest and wish you all the best with your endeavors to join the ranks.

Comment

• Lake, me and my wife were looking at some homes in Tavares (Centex homes) and I saw that you mentioned about discounts for LE, education, etc. Do you know what builders give these discounts? I know KB Homes does, but I don't think they are building any houses out there.

Oh, and by the way, Tavares is beautiful!
              "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character...Our great title is AMERICANS." - Thomas Paine

"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

• Builders with LEO discounts....

Originally posted by LCPLPunk View Post
                Lake, me and my wife were looking at some homes in Tavares (Centex homes) and I saw that you mentioned about discounts for LE, education, etc. Do you know what builders give these discounts? I know KB Homes does, but I don't think they are building any houses out there.

Oh, and by the way, Tavares is beautiful!
                Hello LCPLPunk...thanks for the compliment...we like to think our city is GREAT!

As for builders that give discounts...America's First Home, they have Chelsea Oaks and Tuscan Grove in our city. Centex home has Martin's Grove (they are reallllly giving good discounts). I looked at a 3500 sf, 6 bedroom, 4 bath, 2 cg home for $249k, very nice lay out! The city Fire Chief is my Crime Watch Captain there. Palmer Homes is also giving a nice discount, they have one development in our city. Your best pricing will probably be Palmer, but Martin's Grove gives you the best floor plan/square feet, and AFH Tuscan Grove will have the BEST construction. Decisions, decisions.....I wanted to move into city limits, but the taxes over and above what I currently pay in the city I live.....I've decided to build onto my current house instead! Hope that helps. Good luck!

http://www.palmerhomes.us/lane_park_ridge.html
                http://www.americasfirsthome.net/ind...CommunityID=10
                http://www.centexhomes.com/Orlando/N46188.asp

Comment

• Thanks for the info Lake. I looked at the Palmer and AFH websites and their prices are way more than Centex. Me and my wife looked at the houses in the Centex subdivision and it really wasn't a bad little place. It is next to a cemetery, but it's all good.

Another thing about the Centex subdivision is that a saleswoman told us that Centex has had the property for about a year and a half, and so far they only have about 50/150 houses sold. Good news for buyers!
                  "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character...Our great title is AMERICANS." - Thomas Paine

"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3848 users online. 250 members and 3598 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X