Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want a JOB in Orlando area - FAST?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Honestly not trying to be a brown-noser here, but Tyler, that's LE for ya! In any para-military organization you're going to experience the "hurry up and wait" mentality. It's a part of the program that we as hopefuls have to accept.

    And the matter of the cadet - I can see your side there, but we're not seeing the cadet! This guy could be, and probably IS a shining star if he's impressed the higher ups so much.
    Last edited by pvttjc; 06-01-2007, 12:20 AM. Reason: Hope this didn't offend anyone

    Comment


    • Originally posted by pvttjc View Post
      Honestly not trying to be a brown-noser here, but Tyler, that's LE for ya! In any para-military organization you're going to experience the "hurry up and wait" mentality. It's a part of the program that we as hopefuls have to accept.

      And the matter of the cadet - I can see your side there, but we're not seeing the cadet! This guy could be, and probably IS a shining star if he's impressed the higher ups so much.
      I couldn't have said it better.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by pvttjc View Post
        Honestly not trying to be a brown-noser here, but Tyler, that's LE for ya! In any para-military organization you're going to experience the "hurry up and wait" mentality. It's a part of the program that we as hopefuls have to accept.
        I know all about the "hurry up and wait" mentality. I am a war veteran
        myself. I am also reading between the lines when it comes to what
        someone is telling us. First it was "we have a current opening start applying now".
        Now we are hearing it's "we are interviewing the cadet for the Oct. spot,
        and we may have one "possible" opening later".

        Originally posted by pvttjc View Post
        And the matter of the cadet - I can see your side there, but we're not seeing the cadet! This guy could be, and probably IS a shining star if he's impressed the higher ups so much.

        As far as this statement is concerned, I will just say that you should all
        think of yourselves as "shining stars" if you want to be in law enforcement.
        I don't think the cadet is any more of a shining star than anyone else who
        wants to do what is right for the community. Secondly, they have absolutely
        no idea what type of person I am if they don't even bother to meet me in
        person and just give the cadet the job without even graduating yet.

        Listen, I know that Lakelaw is not at fault here. I said that before if you read
        my earlier post. She is only trying to act in good faith and help us in any way
        she can. I just think that instead of saying things right on the spot without
        really actually knowing all of the facts, the she shouldn't say anything at all.
        Don't make a post and say, "we have a current opening" when there isn't one.
        There never was a "current" opening. That my friends is a fact. Call up the
        HR in the city, and they will tell you that there is no current opening. There
        will be an opening in October which the city plans to fill with the cadet. And
        there "may" be one other opening. But that "possible" opening depends on
        what happens with the officer that was arrested. Nobody knows yet.

        Comment


        • Bro you're showing them right now what kind of person you are. Does a department really want someone who is going to get ****ed off and argue with every single thing you don't agree with? Pretty sure they don't. You also have to remember that probably 97% of departments in Florida are in a hiring freeze right now until the property tax thing gets figured out.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by StudChris View Post
            Bro you're showing them right now what kind of person you are. Does a department really want someone who is going to get ****ed off and argue with every single thing you don't agree with? Pretty sure they don't. You also have to remember that probably 97% of departments in Florida are in a hiring freeze right now until the property tax thing gets figured out.
            First of all, I am not arguing. Second of all, I am not ****ed off. Third of
            all, read the prior posts I have made. I will say this again! I am not mad
            at Lakelaw or anyone else. Why is it that everyone misconstrues what I
            am trying to say? Maybe it's because I am writing it, and people tend to
            take what someone writes the wrong way when I am trying to make a point.
            They property tax freeze has absolutely nothing to do with anything. If a
            job is open, then it's posted by the city, and it's OPEN. The job was never
            posted - period.
            My comments have nothing to do with arguing or showing what kind of
            person I am. I am simply stating the facts as they are.

            Comment


            • Tylerfox, I do not normally get involved in p**p** contest, but, I think you are missing the point another person was making.

              You've made your point. You're not happy about the way things were posted. Fine, then stop posting cause frankly it's annoying for you to continue with this, even though, respectfully you have a right to your opinion.

              If it offends you, then I'm sorry, but, it comes off as whining! Now, please, just stop.
              2Lucky

              Comment


              • I apologize...I will drop it and not say another word. Lakelaw, I apologize to
                you too. I am sorry if I offended you or anyone else on this matter.

                Comment


                • Good grief kids... CALM DOWN!!!!! Geessshhhh....

                  I would recommend if you would like a job, then apply to HR and go about it the proper way. Getting on O.com and getting into ****ing matches isn't going to do anyone any good, and get's a few people having headaches reading this BS. Just remember, the Admin does get on here and read these posts, so take that for what's it's worth. LakeLaw is super jammed up as a person, and is JAMMED UP on her workload... So give her a DAMN BREAK...and just apply like everyone else has done.

                  BE SAFE
                  The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

                  I Am the Sheepdog.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by tylerfox View Post
                    What October spot? In your post you made a couple of weeks ago, you said
                    "We have an opening now...start applying". In my mind, that means you
                    have a current opening and you just have to wait a few days for the city
                    to post the job. I am not understanding why TPD is processing some
                    cadet from the academy who hasn't even passed the state exam yet, for
                    the only opening you will have, that we are now hearing isn't even open
                    until October.
                    And the other opening that TPD "might" have I am assuming stems from
                    an incident that occured a couple of weeks ago with another officer.
                    I realize you are acting in good faith, and simply passing along info as
                    you get it with the intention of helping us get jobs. I understand that,
                    and appreciate the honest effort, but it becomes increasingly frustrating
                    to hear one thing, then be told something completely different because
                    someone above you can't get their information straight, or can't even give
                    you any information at all. It's also not fair to those of us who are already
                    road ready to have to sit by the wayside, while some cadet is given first
                    crack at the job when they aren't even certified yet. Had I known all of this
                    ahead of time, I wouldn't have rushed so quickly to get my application in.
                    I actually believed that this might be a "two week process" as I had been
                    hearing from the others on this thread.
                    I could be wrong but I am guessing a few weeks ago that the possible opening Lakelaw was posting was the incident you refer to. However, after an extensive I.A, is completed that could go either way. The guaranteed position is an October budgeted slot. And yes they are looking HARD at a graduate from Lake Tech’s academy. The Captain teaches out there, and I am not sure what this guy did, but he got the Capt.’s attention and held his attention throughout the academy. With that being said he’s done and takes the test in the next few weeks. If he passes, and passes our BI, Poly, Psyc., and Med. He’s probably in from what I hear. However, I would still send you apps in. They have hired 6 people so far this year. They will take as many as the city budget allows. Lakelaw recruited me the same way back in Aug. I applied didn’t hear a thing, but I didn’t complain. I looked into OCSO and HCSO. I also came in and did a ride along to see if I would even enjoy it and get known by others. In Feb. they called and I started.

                    Originally posted by pvttjc View Post
                    Honestly not trying to be a brown-noser here, but Tyler, that's LE for ya! In any para-military organization you're going to experience the "hurry up and wait" mentality. It's a part of the program that we as hopefuls have to accept.

                    And the matter of the cadet - I can see your side there, but we're not seeing the cadet! This guy could be, and probably IS a shining star if he's impressed the higher ups so much.
                    Exactly. You have to compete. Like I said I applied in Aug., and didn’t get in until Feb. I never said one thing or even questioned things, they hired an academy grad. over me ( certified, 3 yrs LEO experience, and a 4yr degree) I just kept telling LL that I was interested just like pvttjc is doing now.

                    Comment


                    • I'd be confused too, if I were you...no hard feelings.

                      Originally posted by tylerfox View Post
                      What October spot? In your post you made a couple of weeks ago, you said
                      "We have an opening now...start applying". In my mind, that means you
                      have a current opening and you just have to wait a few days for the city
                      to post the job. I am not understanding why TPD is processing some
                      cadet from the academy who hasn't even passed the state exam yet, for
                      the only opening you will have, that we are now hearing isn't even open
                      until October.
                      And the other opening that TPD "might" have I am assuming stems from
                      an incident that occured a couple of weeks ago with another officer.
                      I realize you are acting in good faith, and simply passing along info as
                      you get it with the intention of helping us get jobs. I understand that,
                      and appreciate the honest effort, but it becomes increasingly frustrating
                      to hear one thing, then be told something completely different because
                      someone above you can't get their information straight, or can't even give
                      you any information at all. It's also not fair to those of us who are already
                      road ready to have to sit by the wayside, while some cadet is given first
                      crack at the job when they aren't even certified yet. Had I known all of this
                      ahead of time, I wouldn't have rushed so quickly to get my application in.
                      I actually believed that this might be a "two week process" as I had been
                      hearing from the others on this thread.
                      Hello there Tylerfox. I understand your frustration. But I am only one person, and obviously not the person that calls the shots around here. "Don't shoot the messenger" 'ya know? Anyway, I think it says a lot that you are willing to speak your mind and defend your position. That shows you have strengths in your convictions, and speaks a lot for your loyalty. As far as everyone else here giving you a hard time for speaking up, I can understand thier aggravation....but they are just trying to come to my defense because they realize that it was never any intention of mine to misled or misguide anyone. All I can say is, I am told what I am told. It doesn't mean I've lied to anyone, or tried to put any fluff on anything. As for a high ranking officer making a decision as to who they feel would be a good addition to our department at this point in time, I have no say on that. I can't necessarily disagree with their decision, because I respect every decision they make as they are the leaders of this department. I apologize if you are upset by any happenings here, and hope that you find the department that suits you best...whether that be Tavares or any other agency. Thank you for your interest, and be sure to check back with me.

                      Comment


                      • Id like to put my two cents in.. Lakelaw and Ofc Kimball have both been extremely forthright in thier posts. As i previously stated i applied and within a week i was up there for a ride along and a interview. Unfortunately due to financial reasons i wont be able to move there right this minute, but i still recommend Tavares PD as a good place to look for other people. The last thing a potential applicant should be doing is come onto a public website and bash a potential employer.. the proper way would probably have been to drop a discreet email or a simple phone call if you have ll's number.

                        Just my thoughts.

                        Comment


                        • Is orlando hiring non-certified?

                          Comment


                          • Try calling them, or looking at their respective website
                            The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

                            I Am the Sheepdog.

                            Comment


                            • yes if you are 21 they sponsor
                              http://www.cityoforlando.net/police/...Qualifications

                              Comment


                              • Ahh...The weblink...
                                The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

                                I Am the Sheepdog.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 4596 users online. 316 members and 4280 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X