Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving? Heck, I'm only 30 mins away from the PD! We'll tackle that one when I have a TPD badge on me.

Let me know when a rider spot is open this week or next for day and night, I'll shuffle my clients if need be to make sure I get everything in and get admin to take notice. Family will be in Europe so I'll have little to do (you think it would be sad if I went to see shrek by myself???).

And I sent you an onslaught of e-mail that I'm sure my server has locked up.

Comment

they`re gone

LL,
      I sent the two apps. in, hopefully the package will be there Friday or Monday.
      Look forward to hearing from you,Bebud

Comment

Originally posted by pvttjc View Post
        Moving? Heck, I'm only 30 mins away from the PD! We'll tackle that one when I have a TPD badge on me.
        When I asked about you moving...I was talking about the following post.

05-14-2006, 12:26 PM Question for Tennessee officers
        I'm a LEO in Florida and my family might be relocating to the Nashville area. I don't plan on changing career fields, so how do you become LEO certified in Tenn.?

I e-mailed somebody from Goodlettesville (sp?) who said the Florida cert.'s are good in Tennessee, but perhaps there's a test involved. If you could shed any light on this it'd be greatly appreciated.
        As for going to see anyone, the standard route for applying is through human resources. As I stated before, admin reviews the posts on this website =)

There is a lot going on right now, so check next week with doing another ride. Take care!

Comment

Will do, and I'm sending in Apps today. Or should I just hand them in? I'll wait on your say for that one.

Anyways, nope, not moving. We're creating a sales office up there and found someone to take the reigns. It won't require my relocation. I like Nashville but my home is Central Florida so if I have any chance, I will stay here.

Looks like somebody is lurking my old posts!!

Comment

Hey we wouldn't be the police if we didn't LOOK AROUND...

Will do, and I'm sending in Apps today. Or should I just hand them in? I'll wait on your say for that one.

Anyways, nope, not moving. We're creating a sales office up there and found someone to take the reigns. It won't require my relocation. I like Nashville but my home is Central Florida so if I have any chance, I will stay here.

Looks like somebody is lurking my old posts!!
            Hey there!
            I would mail them to HR, but be sure to CC Major. Glad to hear your not moving away. ;] Come on now....you know this forum is anything but PRIVATE. That is exactly why you should only put information on here that you wouldn't mind ANY person reading. Talk soon.

Comment

App's are in, so uh, what's the major's favorite restaurant??????? j/k

Comment

That's Funny!!

"Favorite Restaurant"...that was a good one Pvttjc! Seriously, I hear there
                are actually two openings or soon to be. Hey Lakelaw, how long do you think
                it will be before the Major wants to start scheduling interviews? Does he
                have to wait for the city to "officially" post the job? I really want to come
                down soon and get the ball rolling! Plus, plane tickets are on sale for Southwest Airlines
                for another week. Let me know when you find out something! Thanks!!
                Last edited by tylerfox; 05-21-2007, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Seriously, in my other business I work with insurance carriers and medical receptionists and I do that all the time. Send big food baskets, gift cards, buckets of candy. It doesn't cost much but it keeps the people I deal with very happy and willing to personally see to things. Because of our approach, we are the fastest at what we do. Funny how a little light humor and a few dollars for some candy can effect your business.

I wouldn't do the same with LE, though. Might be taken the wrong way.

Comment

We are all on diets....

App's are in, so uh, what's the major's favorite restaurant??????? j/k
                    Ha. We got a laugh when we read that one. Thai food is GREAT. Applebee's is the other favorite destination. =) Seriously, don't send anything. No gifts are accepted. The thought is much appreciated though.

Comment

• Thai... Hmm...sounds so so familiar....lmao
                      The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

Comment

• As soon as I know...I will let you know...

Originally posted by tylerfox View Post
                        ... Lakelaw, how long do you think
                        it will be before the Major wants to start scheduling interviews? Does he
                        have to wait for the city to "officially" post the job? I really want to come
                        down soon and get the ball rolling! Plus, plane tickets are on sale for Southwest Airlines for another week. Let me know when you find out something! Thanks!!
                        Major has not discussed when they will actually post the job, or interviews. When I am told, I will post info. Sorry I can't give you an answer now. Be sure to keep in touch. Got your PM b.t.w.

Comment

• Originally posted by LakeLaw View Post
                          Ha. We got a laugh when we read that one. Thai food is GREAT. Applebee's is the other favorite destination. =) Seriously, don't send anything. No gifts are accepted. The thought is much appreciated though.
                          Can't help but to throw out a little humor to show I'm still a human being here - that wants in with TPD - !

LL - you know I'm ready to go as soon as the fingers are snapped.

Comment

• Sorry nobody has been hearing from me...been BUSY!

Hello all. Sorry for the long delay in responding to anyone posting on the forum. I have been getting a lot of PM's and e-mails, and have been responding to those...so accept my apologies.

I know a lot of people are wondering what's going on with us. Honestly, I'm not getting any word on when the 'official' posting is going up. I do have word that a local cadet at our academy is being reviewed for hire. Which means that would take the October spot...and until we know further info on one possible other space opening up....I can't tell what will be going on.

I have been super busy trying to get organized with all the tasks I've put on my own plate - so please bear with me if I seem like I'm being quite for a while. Like I said - as soon as I hear something, I will let ya' know. Until then, let me know if anyone has any questions on anything. Take care!

Comment

• Send ya' a pm.

Comment

• ????? I thought the opening was for now.

What October spot? In your post you made a couple of weeks ago, you said
                                "We have an opening now...start applying". In my mind, that means you
                                have a current opening and you just have to wait a few days for the city
                                to post the job. I am not understanding why TPD is processing some
                                cadet from the academy who hasn't even passed the state exam yet, for
                                the only opening you will have, that we are now hearing isn't even open
                                until October.
                                And the other opening that TPD "might" have I am assuming stems from
                                an incident that occured a couple of weeks ago with another officer.
                                I realize you are acting in good faith, and simply passing along info as
                                you get it with the intention of helping us get jobs. I understand that,
                                and appreciate the honest effort, but it becomes increasingly frustrating
                                to hear one thing, then be told something completely different because
                                someone above you can't get their information straight, or can't even give
                                you any information at all. It's also not fair to those of us who are already
                                road ready to have to sit by the wayside, while some cadet is given first
                                crack at the job when they aren't even certified yet. Had I known all of this
                                ahead of time, I wouldn't have rushed so quickly to get my application in.
                                I actually believed that this might be a "two week process" as I had been
                                hearing from the others on this thread.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3657 users online. 248 members and 3409 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X