Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our New Charger Is In....not Done Yet...

Alright boys and girls...I promised I would put the picture up when it came in...the 'phantom graphics' have to be put on still though...http://www.ssb5.net/users/18520/tpd_may_8_2007.jpg

ENJOY!

Comment

I WANT IT!!!! I WANT IT!!!!!
      The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

Comment

Wish there was one for every officer...

Yehhhhh, she's pretty, huh?
        Hey Dan, house huntin' still goin' on? Sent the e-mail to ya.

Comment

How was your ride?

Originally posted by pvttjc View Post
          Didn't mean to get you under the heat!!! I just couldn't find your e-mail via the website. I will be calling you back later today. Thank you.
          Hey pvttjc! How was it yesterday? Sorry I was only able to speak with you a few moments...on the run. Hope all went well.

Comment

I sent you an e-mail. I'm thinking our e-mail servers don't like eachother as I seem to get things you sent me about a week later than you sent it!!!

In short, it was great. I think I got paired well, though it was not a busy day. I preferred it to be slow being that I got to ask just about every question that came to mind and we weren't interupted every five minutes for a call.

I think my LE philosophy and values will fit well with the department. I am looking foward to riding again, and soon!

Comment

How is the housing in Tavares?
              "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character...Our great title is AMERICANS." - Thomas Paine

"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

I really like this dept, so out of curiosity I've been looking at housing in the surronding communities (eustis, mt dora, leesburg, astatula) and I'm seeing that there is some growth, but it's slow. The biggest boom in Lake Co seems to be in the Clermont area and the communities bordering Marion Co getting towards the villages.

It's not the huge market boom that's happening in brevard/orange/seminole or even south volusia, but there are definitely some good homes at the $180-$250k mark.

Right in Tavares there seem to be alot of manufactured homes at $150k and lower. Alot of them are actually really nice with canal/lake access.

Check out the Orlando MLS site - http://www.orlandomls.com/ - it goes up to leesburg/tavares if you adjust the map.

Comment

Think pvvtjc answered your questions...

Originally posted by LCPLPunk View Post
                  How is the housing in Tavares?
                  The entire city of Tavares is on water, so many of our developments tend to have higher than average values. I looked at a brand new 6 bedroom, 4 bath, 2 car garage single family home by Centex today in our city, that is over 3500 square feet - and it costs $267,000. My house which is 20 minutes southwest in a neighboring city is only 1800 square feet, 4 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 car garage and lists for $289,000. I would love to buy the 6 bedroom house, but since my home was purchased 4 years ago, my property taxes are lower than what I would have to pay if I move. You have to factor the cost of property taxes when you look at buying a home. Hope that helps. GOOD LUCK!

Comment

We Have An Opening...start Applying.

Received word TODAY that we need to hire yet another officer.
                    PLEASE, be sure to read from page one of this posting...I'm SURE you will see the answer to every question you may want to ask. If you do not find the answer, OR...simply want to touch base in order to express your interest in applying...post your info on this forum. I will review daily, and respond as quickly as possible.
                    Link to police department:
                    http://www.tavares.org/police1.html
                    Link to application:
                    http://www.tavares.org/employ_app.pdf

GOOD LUCK!

Comment

City of Taveres hiring one officer

I am interested, but currently living in Connecticut. I am however FL
                      certified. I just moved up to Connecticut from FL, but I am interested
                      in returning to FL. I have 4 months experience in FL from Polk County
                      Sheriffs as a Deputy trainee, but failed training by one percent on the last
                      day of training in 2005. I am really looking for a second chance before my
                      certification expires. I am in really good physical condition and my
                      affidavit of separation from PCSO is in good standing with no misconduct.
                      I have a really positive attitude and feel that I got a really raw deal because
                      there was no extension given whatsoever. But everything happens for a reason,
                      so hopefully this may be an opportunity I should consider.
                      Let me know what I need to do. I will take a flight down for an interview
                      and processing with no problem. I just want another chance.
                      Lakelaw - PM me if you want to talk to me more about my situation.
                      I will be happy to give you my cell phone number to talk to you.
                      Thanks

Comment

Tylerfox....

Thank you for your message! Click on the link above, in order to print out the application. Complete it and attach it to a cover letter, provide a copy to Major French at the police department address, but send the original to City of Tavares Human Resources (address on application). I will PM you with my PD e-mail. GOOD LUCK!

Comment

Hows it going LL?

Comment

LL - let me know when I can come in and hand the app's to the Major. I need two copies (hr and the major)?

Comment

Long time no talk...

Originally posted by soflacop View Post
                              Hows it going LL?
                              Going great sofl, how about yourself? Still looking to move up the central FL area?

Comment

Major is very busy with things right now...

Originally posted by pvttjc View Post
                                LL - let me know when I can come in and hand the app's to the Major. I need two copies (hr and the major)?
                                Hello pv! If you come back to ride with another squad at night, you'll miss admin. anyway. So best thing would be to mail hard copy to HR and also CC Major. Spoke to one of our traffic units today, and he said he meant for you to ride part of your shift out with him, but he was only in the 'Stang that day (only has 1 seat). Sure your not moving???

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2872 users online. 193 members and 2679 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X