Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont think i got around too it, but ofc_kimball and Lakelaw were extremely helpful during my trip up to check out tavares.

They got alot of good info for you all that are intrested in working in florida and such.

Comment

I Understand

---------------
      Last edited by alienbow; 04-20-2008, 05:43 AM.
      www.amyandwandasrants.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by alienbow
        I understand everything that was said. I know that LakeLaw's department doesn't put you through the academy. I was talking about being sponsored but not being sponsored to get into the academy. Like a letter saying they were sponsoring me but not really sponsoring so I could get a slot in the academy down here.

I guess I'll have to look somewhere else. It doesn't look like I have the option of relocating right now. Do any of you know any departments in Florida that are hiring in the area of crime scene? I have an Associate's Degree in crime scene investigation.

Thanks guys and gals.
        Orange County S.O. is hiring Crime Scene Techs if you have 1 year experience along with your associates.

A lot of departments will hire you and send you through the Corrections Academy. If you do want to come down to Florida but can't find someone to send you through the Law Enforcement academy you can always try corrections as a way to get your foot in the door.

Comment

----------------
          Last edited by alienbow; 04-20-2008, 05:42 AM.

Comment

Lake Law - I am former LEO and interested. Do you have a number or direct e-mail?

Comment

Sent you my number and e-mail

Originally posted by pvttjc
              Lake Law - I am former LEO and interested. Do you have a number or direct e-mail?
              Hello pvttjc. I e-mailed you my contact info. I want to talk to you, so send me an e-mail to the PD and I'll give you a call tomorrow. Are you road-ready? By that I mean, you don't have to do any updated course work to update your certificate, correct?

Comment

Thanks for getting in touch!

Originally posted by soflacop
                I dont think i got around too it, but ofc_kimball and Lakelaw were extremely helpful during my trip up to check out tavares.

They got alot of good info for you all that are intrested in working in florida and such.
                Hi soflacop! We were very glad to have met you. We all thought you would have been a good fit with us, and are just sorry we couldn't compare (financially) to your current south Florida pay. Sometimes, one has to make sacrifices NOW to have bigger payoffs in the future. If you change your mind...give us a call. We wish you the best!

Comment

Follow others advice...move here...and it will all fall in place.

Originally posted by alienbow
                  If I went to the academy here in Georgia, would that be valid for Florida? I am just looking for someone to get me a slot so I can go to the academy. It's been a year and I haven't started yet. I've called departments here but I haven't had any luck.

I don't know if you saw some of the other points in my post. I am interested in your department. I downloaded the application. You said your department isn't hiring until October.

Here is the question I have. Would your department "sponsor" me?, as in get me a slot for the academy here so I can start? If it would be valid to go here and then get hired with you guys. I think I made sense, lol.

I am ready to get a job and I'm willing to do whatever it takes, legal, that is. Please let me know.
                  Hello alienbow. Our department would not be doing anyone a favor by stating any untruths to a police academy. My best advice to you, would be to find a way to relocate to the state you want to become certified in. You know the saying "Where there is a will, there is a way". Good luck in whatever you decide to do.
                  True happiness comes from fidelity to a worthy purpose.

Comment

LakeLaw

--------------
                    Last edited by alienbow; 04-20-2008, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by StudChris
                      Orange County S.O. is hiring Crime Scene Techs if you have 1 year experience along with your associates.

A lot of departments will hire you and send you through the Corrections Academy. If you do want to come down to Florida but can't find someone to send you through the Law Enforcement academy you can always try corrections as a way to get your foot in the door.
                      Chris,
                      Do you know the salary for this position?
                      "the greatest failure is a failure to try."

Comment

I'm sorry LakeLaw, I didn't mention that in the e-mail. Yes, I am completely road-ready and in need of absolutely no coursework. You'll find nothing out of place in my certification.

Comment

Major said I looked like I was ignoring you!

Originally posted by pvttjc View Post
                          I'm sorry LakeLaw, I didn't mention that in the e-mail. Yes, I am completely road-ready and in need of absolutely no coursework. You'll find nothing out of place in my certification.
                          Hey pvttjc tell the Major I wasn't ignoring you! I'lll call you tomorrow about the ride-along.

Falcon...
                          http://www.chipola.edu/instruct/rivi...quivalency.htm
                          The equivalency course is 5 days and costs $185 I believe. It is located in Marianna, Florida. I REALLY hope to hear from you! Please try to make some time to come do a ride-along. Thanks!

Comment

Didn't mean to get you under the heat!!! I just couldn't find your e-mail via the website. I will be calling you back later today. Thank you.

Comment

hhmmmm

Lakelaw, any plans for a K9 unit?
                              Train as if your life depends on it...

Comment

K9 - not anytime soon...

Originally posted by K911 View Post
                                Lakelaw, any plans for a K9 unit?
                                We have an officer that is very much interested in heading up a new K9 unit, so we are looking at POSSIBILITIES. There is no time line set up for establishing one, nor are there any current budgeting talks about it. I'm sure you know how expensive it can be to get a unit up and running. The liability insurance alone can be something hard to overcome...as far as convincing the powers at be that we have both the manpower as well as fiscal ability to sustain a successful program. I take it by your name, that you are either currently a K9 officer, or an aspiring one???

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2926 users online. 181 members and 2745 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X