Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We don't currently 'sponsor' applicants....

Originally posted by NavCop22
    All I can say is that if your agency is willing to sponser me and all. Then you have a good to go applicant and I would do WHATEVER to prove to them that they would have a good investment with me. Their investment would NEVER go to waste with me.
    Thanks to off_kimball for helping answering questions! (I keep telling him I wish we could find more just like him!).

Hello NavCop22. Sorry to say we do not currently sponsor applicants through our academy. I honestly think it's a good idea, but HR determines what they want to support on our budget requests...and at this point...they just don't think it's a requirement. As I stated before, we are going to be reimbursing applicants for their police training costs...but that would be a check issued to them on their 1 year anniversary with us. I get people asking me about the costs of the academy, and how they could support themselves while they are attending, so I give them information about the FAFSA loan application. Plus there are numerous scholarship or grants available to assist in your education. If you contact your financial aid officer at whatever college you want to attend the police academy, they can be very helpful in finding funding for you. NOTE TO MILITARY PEOPLE - the Montgomery GI Bill and the Army or Navy College Funds pay for the police academy costs...at least they do at our local academy.

We have interviews scheduled for Monday, and so far I have one person from this site e-mailing me his application. I did inform the Major about the possibility of getting applicants from officer.com, so he could include those people in this round of interviews. As off_kimball mentioned, if you don't get your apps in, you may miss out until October. BUT, if the Major at least knows he has additional applications coming this week, he may hold off on hiring the ones he has set for interviews on Monday. Thanks and good luck!

Comment

LakeLaw...I sent you a Pm with my email address

Comment

Call me on MONDAY to confirm receipt

To those of you that I have e-mailed the application to, please call me on Monday to confirm I have received them. The firewall in the PD network is blocking some e-mails, therefore you may have to fax it to me on Monday morning. Thanks again for your interest.

Comment

We ARE good, but not TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE...

Originally posted by LATIN COP
          WOW some of you guys might want to look into this too good to be true opportunity...
          Well, for those 'doubters' out there....I placed the applications from the officer.com applicants onto the Major's desk this morning...and he asked if he could interview them on FRIDAY. I told you - we don't mess around. So if you seriously want to learn more about us, PM me and I will get in touch with you quickly. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeLaw
            Well, for those 'doubters' out there....I placed the applications from the officer.com applicants onto the Major's desk this morning...and he asked if he could interview them on FRIDAY. I told you - we don't mess around. So if you seriously want to learn more about us, PM me and I will get in touch with you quickly. Good luck.
            Yep.. im going to the area to check it out and the dept this weekend. LL wasnt kidding.

Comment

if they need any one with railroad trax on their shoulders , send me a message...
              " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
              " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

Originally posted by ftlaudcop
                if they need any one with railroad trax on their shoulders , send me a message...
                choo choo?

Comment

No "Trax" needed...sorry!

Originally posted by ftlaudcop
                  I have gotten a surprising number of messages from veteran officers! I am sorry to say that we are not really accepting applications from those of you with so much experience that you only want to accept a "lateral" position of a higher rank. We like to promote from within, to prevent the rank and file from being up in arms. That's understandable for everyone, I'm sure?! I am positive that our three open spots will be filled by end of business day MONDAY. We have interviews all day tomorrow and Monday. I'm pretty sure at least three people from this site are in this round. For those of you that feel we may be a department of interest, but you are not ready to apply just yet, we have another round of hiring going on in October. OH! We got word today, our new Hemi is coming in a few weeks....we can't wait! I'll post pictures when we get it striped in the PHANTOM graphics.

Comment

Hey Ya'll..

I just got back to a Chilly Pennsylvania after thawing my bones in Tavares for a few days. For the people who had doubt's and couldn't believe things (and I admit.. I was one of them).. This 1-2 week processing deal is the real McCoy. I along with a buddy got offer's and the ball was rolling. Here's the basic jist..

We interview'd Monday mornin, got the good news Monday night.. Tuesday was signing some paper (Gotta have that good-ole Gov't stuff). Wed did the Drug and the Funny-Farm test, and a Poly. Due to commitments we had to fly home; but it would have been all done by tomm. (Thursday). So there ya go kids.. TPD does actually process and get things done in ONE FRIGGIN WEEK.

Having met a few of the officers and all of Command, I can't WAIT to get back to Florida and get kickin on things. For anyone that is checkin out the Orlando area, don't miss out on Lake County. I remember it being Q-Tips and mud, but it has really come along and grown...And from what I have seen, it is going to keep growing.

BE SAFE ya'll..

Dan-O
                    The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

Comment

Good wishes for those of you chosen for LakeLaw's Dept. That is not bad a two week process. Especially being from out of state.

I'm waiting on my early X-Mas with MGPD.

Comment

LakeLaw can u pm me, I am interested in your dept and have some questions

Thanks

Comment

We created a BELIEVER...

Originally posted by dannmann1050
                          ...So there ya go kids.. TPD does actually process and get things done in ONE FRIGGIN WEEK. Having met a few of the officers and all of Command, I can't WAIT to get back to Florida and get kickin on things.
                          Congratulations on being selected as one of our newest officers DANN-O. Admin spoke highly of you! We look forward to you coming back from the chilly north and getting to work. Now...you've gotta get Steve a screen name here - so he can post all the wonderful things about TPD. =)

Comment

Originally posted by jkrein
                            LakeLaw can u pm me, I am interested in your dept and have some questions

Thanks
                            Hey jkrein, no problem...PM'ing you now. You know, it helps to post your questions on the forum so others can gain knowledge from them too! Talk soon.

Comment

as for dannmann1050, only the best come out of brevard.
                              congrats!
                              "In a bacon-and-egg breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed." - Brian Billick

Be that pig.

Comment

HAHA... Thanks Karma... I don't know about the "best"... But I try none the less... I just can't wait to be back in Florida. Karma; do I know you? just curious..

BE SAFE ya'll

OH... Lake...I'm workin on getting him a screen-name... Just gotta pin him down for 5 minutes from his 15-20 jobs to figure it out..hahaha

Thanks again
                                The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3755 users online. 253 members and 3502 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X