Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agencies have to act fast....to keep from losing applicant...

Originally posted by LATIN COP
    WOW some of you guys might want to look into this too good to be true opportunity if an agency hires a guy in two weeks from the date the application is turned into to the day they can get a conditional offer beware do youre homework.

It might be ligit and a great place to work buy do youre homework. I have never heard of any agency doing something that fast and a background check alone takes up to a month sometimes.
    We pride ourselves on being a "family" department. Before I started working for at my department, I didn't believe it either. I had such bad experiences with agencies in the past, where it takes 6 months just to get a return call....but no such thing here. And yes, backgrounds do take a good bit of research on the part of the investigator, but honestly...nowadays...you can receive a tremendous amount of information on an applicant in ONE DAY. One of the best ways to get a more accurate view of an applicant is to speak to neighbors - such as if you have a lot of traffic at your home - are you loud or quiet - do you maintain your home...etc. When I applied, it only took 2 weeks for me as well. Our agency does not hold back when they see someone they feel is an excellent addition to our "family" of officers. No one is cocky, no one is full of themselves. The Chief is an approachable guy, and they simply want a person that is hard working with a willingness to give 100% of themselves to the idea of a unified city and department. You can tell a lot about a city by the feeling in the air when you walk into its lobby, and I can guarantee you...when you walk into our city...it has a feeling of warmth.

OH, and before I forget, I spoke to the Captain today and he said if there are any Military Police out there, they can complete the Equivalency training and become a certified officer rather quickly.

As for LATIN COPS comments on 'doing your homework', by all means - ask whatever questions you feel are important...and I will do my best to answer them as quickly as possible. I work Monday through Friday from 8 am to 4 pm, and can't check my e-mail constantly....but I will do my best.

As for those of you that have requested a brochure, I will get it to you as soon as I can. The Chief asked for me to include more 'action' shots, such as the Entry Team...and our boat in the water...so I am waiting to get those photos done before I complete the brochure.

I look forward to speaking to you soon, and wish you the best of luck in your job searches.

Comment

Not to sound cynical here but you sound too chessy to be true especially with the comment " You can feel the warmth as soon as you come into our city". I have never heard anyone talk like that in my life about a city where they work for. Maybe its because I'm use to the Miami mentality of things or whatever the reason, it just sounds too good to be true. Dont mean to bash you if you are for REAL about it but I just never heard anyone talk so "nice" and humble about their community. It sounds like a line from a Disney movie. Again, dont mean to bash you if you are 100% REAL and not pulling anyones legs here.
      Law Enforcement is a career like none other. You face challenges everyday and you get rewarded in the sametime. Thats why LE work is the best career an individual can ever choose. - Me

Comment

Originally posted by NavCop22
        Not to sound cynical here but you sound too chessy to be true especially with the comment " You can feel the warmth as soon as you come into our city". I have never heard anyone talk like that in my life about a city where they work for. Maybe its because I'm use to the Miami mentality of things or whatever the reason, it just sounds too good to be true. Dont mean to bash you if you are for REAL about it but I just never heard anyone talk so "nice" and humble about their community. It sounds like a line from a Disney movie. Again, dont mean to bash you if you are 100% REAL and not pulling anyones legs here.
        Originally posted by dogma vs karma
        i won't be applying, but tavares is an awesome little city.
        the town IS like that. i've been there numerous times for autocrossing.
        the sheriff's office allows the driving pad to be used. which is rare.

and the crime index is about 1/2 of the national average.
        http://www.city-data.com/city/Tavares-Florida.html
        Last edited by dogma vs karma; 03-30-2007, 08:40 PM.
        "In a bacon-and-egg breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed." - Brian Billick

Be that pig.

Comment

Glad to be CHEESY

Ha! That's funny. OK....to help you all understand why I sound the way I do....I'm a FEMALE first off. Secondly, I'm the 'softer, fuzzier' side of law enforcement. At least that's what everyone tells me. Don't get me wrong, I can kick butt too (one shot, one kill.....what makes the green grass grow...blood...blood...blood - yes ARMY training in my past), but my reasons for going into law enforcement may not be the same reason that others go into it. I am the 'politician' of the group, hence the reasoning behind the decision the Major made - to put me into Community Policing. Our police department motto is "People Helping People". I fully back the ideals of community policing, becoming more in tune with community feelings to determine the best way to handle issues in our city. It's not for everyone, but I'm good at what I do.....and that just shows you....when the powers at be see passion in someone - they put them where they feel they would best be suited.

The south Florida mentality, especially those from the Miami-Dade area, is one of a harsher policing ideal. I understand that....so don't worry...I'm not offended if people think I sound cheesy. I just have a passion for serving my department and community. I am just telling you - you can feel a difference in our city. I walked into many a city in our county, to pick up applications when I wanted to get a job - and every other place I went had a B-A-D feeling. Maybe it's my feminine intuition....or just a special 6th sense...I dunno....but I knew I found the right place when I did. To each their own - I guess. So, if you want a HARD CORE department.....you are looking at the wrong place!

Comment

Actually i spoke to LL and shes very receptive and knowledgable about her department, it speaks highly of her agency to have that sort of personable officers around.

Comment

PLEASE provide me an e-mail address if you want info.

I have people asking me to e-mail them info, but they are not providing an e-mail address. PLEASE provide me your e-mail info, as I am sending the application via e-mail. I NEED to have these applications back ASAP, as we are scheduling interviews immediately. If we don't have all the apps back, they will not be able to make an informed decision - and someone may be hired before you even get a chance to apply. I have to be in the office early tomorrow morning, so if you also provide me a phone number in your PM...I can call you from the police department. If you would like to confirm my identity before sending personal information, I can provide you the number to the dispatch center. Thanks! Jody

Comment

Originally posted by LakeLaw
                I was asked what the schedule is like. We work 12 hour shifts, so you have 2 days on, 2 off, 3 on, 2 off, 2 on, 3 off. That means you have an 84 hour work week, but you can choose to flex off the 4 hours or build it as COMP time/overtime. What is really nice, is that every other weekend you have a 3 day weekend. Also, we switch from days to nights (and vice versa) every four months. You build 8 hours of sick time per month as well. You also get one personal holiday per year, along with 1 week of paid vacation for 1st year. ALL holiday's are paid time & a half as well, whether you work them or not. If you happen to get an accomodation, you get a paid day off for that! I honestly cannot say enough good things about my department. [B]Our department is over 25% female, and that says a lot![/B] We are very friendly and pride ourselves on diversity! Please keep asking questions!
                How many of the 25% are HOT females? I'm looking to start a family of my own! lol

Comment

Fraternization...not good idea...ha

I see we have a comic amongst us. Hmmmm, that is the first time anyone has asked that question. Well...none of the female officers are single. So, sorry....can't start a family with any of our officers. Seriously...You looking for a job?

Comment

Again, I will try to help some of you out. I am the the one "LL" refers to as getting hired within 2 weeks. Granted I was prior LEO.

Again the process consist of Application(be honest and complete otherwise you be skipped over), Interview, Drug-Test, Poly, Background, Psychological and Medical.

They called me Jan. 20th something and asked me to interview Feb. 2nd. I came in and interviewed, they asked me to hang around put me out on a ride-a-long with an LT. After the interviews they called me back in and asked me to go for a drug test. One of the Detectives began calling me, setting home visits, calling references ect. Monday they had me back for a Poly. The following day I completed my Med and Psych. Over the next week and half the detective called me daily "I need this"" I want that." I had all my stuff together if she wanted something I got it to her that day, if she couldnt get a hold of someone I had them call her. Backgrounds can be fast and good, run NCIC/FDIC, DAVID, No hits then no court records are needed, so you are moving on to work history, references and a home visit.

It was just a few months back when "LL" was telling me this same to good to be true stuff. I now have two weeks left of FTO and I am getting along well. Equipment is good... 06 and 07 Tahoes with laptop, shotgun, AR, ect in each one. Each officer is issued Glock 22, Asp, Cuffs, OC, taser, Radio, Vest, Mag light, Coat, rain jacket, duty bag 3 short sleeves, 1 long sleeve, 3 pants, and one bike uniform everything but Boots.

If you dont want to apply DONT but dont sit here and talk badly about something you have no clue about. If you are interested I encourage you to apply NOW, once they get X number of applications they will interview and hire 3. If you wait and miss out they will not hire again until Oct. 2007. If you are looking for an OPD, OCSO, Miami type of PD this ISN'T it. We are busy but not so busy you hate the job. There is plenty of stuff out there (in Tavares). like I said I am still in FTO, however I have been in a vehicle pursuit already, and everyday I have made atleast one arrest for possession of Meth, Cocaine, or Marijuana (20g or more). Other officers may write 2-3 tickets, answer an alarm call and do a crash report during a 12 hr shift. It's all in what you want to do.

TPD has an entry team, undercover NARC, Bike unit, Traffic unit (Marked Mustang unmarked Charger).

It's a laid back but yet professional department. You come and do your job things will be great. If you come in complain, act like a screw up ect. they will tell you to move on.

Comment

Geez with your cheer and everything about your department it makes me kinda sad you guys arent looking for non certified. I would more than gladly move over there if offered a job. I would even sign whatever amount of years you guys wanted me to work there in return for my academy training.
                      Law Enforcement is a career like none other. You face challenges everyday and you get rewarded in the sametime. Thats why LE work is the best career an individual can ever choose. - Me

Comment

Originally posted by NavCop22
                        Geez with your cheer and everything about your department it makes me kinda sad you guys arent looking for non certified. I would more than gladly move over there if offered a job. I would even sign whatever amount of years you guys wanted me to work there in return for my academy training.

Do you have 2 yrs MP experience which would allow you to take EOT and get certified within a week??

Comment

Originally posted by off_kimball
                          Do you have 2 yrs MP experience which would allow you to take EOT and get certified within a week??

Unfortunely, I dont qualify for the EOT because I only have eighteen full months of military LE experience. I have to go through the whole damn acadamy which in reality I dont mine. It shows me the ropes of civilian LE rather than military LE.

Comment

All I can say is that if your agency is willing to sponser me and all. Then you have a good to go applicant and I would do WHATEVER to prove to them that they would have a good investment with me. Their investment would NEVER go to waste with me.

Comment

????????

Do ya'll have a wealthy tax base? I've never heard of an agency in Florida that has take home Chevy Tahoes to patrol officers. Not only Tahoes but brand new ones!! What is the purpose of the SUV?

Comment

I would say our taxes are no more no less than others. Tahoes run about 2k more than the vics, Our admin. decided they are safer, allow more room for all the extras we carry and provide the officers more comfort during an 12 hrs shift.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3843 users online. 253 members and 3590 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X