Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else in the hiring process with OCSO right now? 28MAR07

Howdy,

Just trying to see if anyone else is in the hiring process with Orange County sheriff's office right now. I am currently in the BI part and am just waiting to hear from the background investigator.
    Last edited by LCPLPunk; 06-01-2007, 11:39 AM.
    "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character...Our great title is AMERICANS." - Thomas Paine

"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

I just got my conditional offer yesterday! Now Psych and medical soon to come.
    "the greatest failure is a failure to try."

Comment

Awesome man! I sent in my swim test sheet on Monday and i'm still just waiting to hear from the BI. Wish they'd hurry it up!
      "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character...Our great title is AMERICANS." - Thomas Paine

"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

If they started your BI in March, then you might be in line with the June academy, or July but it will happen.

Comment

I SURELY hope so! I get my B.S. at the end of June and will basically be jobless then on. I really don't want to have to wait till January for the next one.

Sorry I have to ask this, but my memory is drawing a blank, you said you were coming in from out of state right?

Comment

Originally posted by LCPLPunk
            I SURELY hope so! I get my B.S. at the end of June and will basically be jobless then on. I really don't want to have to wait till January for the next one.

Sorry I have to ask this, but my memory is drawing a blank, you said you were coming in from out of state right?
            Yes thats Correct.

Comment

PASSED the state exam 3/28 in JAX!
              A load off my mind!

Comment

So what's next for you Hodges?

<~ Still waiting to hear from the BI...

Comment

I just got the job offer from OCSO and I accepted!
                  Thanks for everyone's help on the board, I appreciate it.

Comment

does OSCO do polygraphs as well???
                    "If I won the lottery, I'd buy myself a police department. I'd hire all my buddies and we'd all drive Corvette patrol cars and sit around the doughnut shop I would own. Whenever someone would come in and say "I guess this my tax dollars at work", I would tell him to get the hell out my doughnut shop, then we'd all laugh and try to figure out what to do next."

--Quote taken from User "kcso"....hope you don't mind buddy, but this was just too funny not to steal from you....I'm still laughing.--

Comment

Nope, just CVSA.

Comment

Originally posted by LCPLPunk View Post
                        Nope, just CVSA.
                        Whats your status with OCSO now? Are you done with the BI?

Comment

Originally posted by LCPLPunk View Post
                          Wish they'd hurry it up!
                          Thats alot of applicants complainants with OCSO; costing them to loose good applicants to other local agencies. Hang in there.
                          Facts are meaningless, they can be used to prove anything.

Stay Safe

Comment

I have met again with the BI and she looked over my final papers and took my picture, etc. She said she has to be done with her work at the end of May, but she told me she was pretty much done about a week or so ago. Now all i'm doing is the usual...waiting. :P

I don't think OCSO will lose me to another agency since that's the only place i've applied to. I'll get my BS in about two months and will be jobless unless the Sheriff hires me.

Comment

Update for May 21st..

Talked with OCSO recruiter and she told me my BI is done and good to go. Unfortunately, they have me on hold until they get a tattoo policy in place. I have a large tattoo on my right forearm so we'll see how things go..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2648 users online. 148 members and 2500 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X