300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lee county sheriff

Anybody have information about lee county sheriff,fl? What kind of schedule to they work,pay, and promotion?

Check out this website for pay and benifits.

http://www.sheriffleefl.org/

Lee County works 2 on 3 off then 3 on then 4 off. This is at least what I was told.

Not sure about the promotions.

Comment

Its a really good agency that is extremely professional. My best friend from the academy works there, and she loves it!!! Just remember, when you work for a Sheriff's office, you are an at will employee your whole career. Just something to think about.........

Comment

My father-in-law is in FTO with them right now. Their schedule actually is 12hr shifts, 2 on, 2 off, every other weekend you have 3 days off. So you dont ever have 4 days in a row off. Just to clear that up. But you do get the 3 days every other week. Not too bad, I guess. I dont know what else you want to know? My brother-in-law is just finishing the process with Ft myers PD, and I with Cape Coral PD. Kinda weird I guess, but I have info on all 3 depts.

Comment

Jerm, how is the equipment and moral in LCSO? I'm in the process right now, but come from out of the area so I don't know much about them. Basically, are the guys happy to go to work? Are they given the ability to work? I only ask because I am so micro-managed in my current job its crazy. Thanks.

Comment

I used to work for one of the cities that was in Lee County. A lot of my friends who I went through the academy with work for them. From what I have seen and heard, they seem like a really agency. They have great equipment, and take home cars. I am not sure what they wait is on them. I hear they have a lot of off duty details and over time. The pay is pretty good too. All my friends say they like it, so I'm guessing the morale is high. Good luck on the hiring process!!!!!!

Comment

I think Skibum is right. My father-in-law has been pretty happy so far. Of course he is just in FTO right now. But the equipment seems good and so does the morale. PM me Blueline if you would like his email for further info.
              By the way, my wife's uncle is retiring in a few months from NH State Troopers. He is the head detective for them. We visit there often( Bartlett area) and love it. You will be leaving a beautiful state but Florida has it's perks too!

Comment

just heard

The computers in lee cars get live feeds from the chopper how cool is that video of the chase. I'm in the academy for Lee right now.

Comment

Any other info on Lee County

Anybody able to confirm that computer/helicopter info? Maybe that's standard down there in FL, but in the Northeast its unheard of. I don't even have a computer that is linked up in the car. Anybody out there with more info on Lee County or the area in general please let me know.

Comment

I cant wait

http://www.winktv.com/x28129.xml

Originally posted by BlueLineCop
                    Anybody able to confirm that computer/helicopter info? Maybe that's standard down there in FL, but in the Northeast its unheard of. I don't even have a computer that is linked up in the car. Anybody out there with more info on Lee County or the area in general please let me know.

Comment

Thats amazing, thanks "in process".

Comment

Jumping calls

Being from out of the area I don't know how it works in FL. In New England the Sheriff's dept. do minimal (very minimal) road work. They basically run the jails and court security. The local and state police do the work (mostly the local, sorry Troopers, but its true unless we're talking motor vehicle). If you work for the SO but are in a sector thats already covered by the local PD, who takes the calls? And what does the other agency do all night?

Comment

I know where your coming from, being from NJ the sheriff ran the jails and had MAYBE 30 people on the road, and they only served court papers, etc, and had K-9 officers available to towns that didnt have their own. They sheriff didnt do any law enforcement on the roads.

In NJ every township had their own police department and if you didnt have a police department (which was only a few towns) you contracted with the state police.

Down here in Florida its different. The Sheriff does the majority of the law enforcement. In the county i'm in we have 3 police departments, the sheriff provides the law enforcement for the reaminder of the county, jsut as the police would in their cities.

As far as overlapping, i dont believe they do. If a city has their own police department the sheriff doesn't answer calls unless they are called for backup or assistance from the city.

Comment

In cities with their own PD, they have primary response/enforcement.
                            Lee county has Ft. Myers, Cape Coral, and Sanibel PD's.
                            All other unincorporated areas are SO patrolled.
                            Collier only has Marco PD, and Naples PD.
                            2 smaller agencies, but The SO's still go in and conduct investigations etc.
                            If the smaller agency needs assistance, crime scene, etc. the SO assists...
                            In Florida the Sheriff holds a huge amount of power.
                            Training is Survival..
                            Survival Is Training ...

" Operor non turbo lemma per res "

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4569 users online. 162 members and 4407 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X